• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Contract Non-Renewal

Plainsman said:
bobcatOninetails said:
Plainsman said:
Ursus1 said:
Weren't they hired to bring in better players....3rd year not first

At the risk of going against the tide, I'll post the same thing I did on the game thread. I would like to see what this team could do with a different defensive coordinator. As ugly as the D was in the second half, there was a lot of young talent out there on the offensive side and Stitt recruited most of that talent, didn't he? His recruiting has appeared to fairly high quality. The one exception I would say is the concentration on WR talent and the paucity of defensive backfield talent.

Nice work of using "paucity". Word of the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thank you. It may prove to be an insurmountable and eventually fruitless task, but my long term goal is to raise the quality of discourse on the board to the level of, say, Mad Magazine of old or possibly even to the heights of a respected publication like The Onion. I think the site has already surpassed Fox News with the rapier like insights expressed by posters and the often clear and balanced, and one might even say the sophisticated and cleverly nuanced sixth grade level debating and the thinly veiled and subtle insults members so delicately present. It is a challenging and , at times, an unsavory job but someone has to do it, as the saying goes. :cool:

To quote Mad Magazine "who loves you baby?" I'm sure you get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
PDXGrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I agree on all points except for me being happy with the product on the field and 6-5 or 5-6 being OK with me. I'm not happy, it's not OK, and the Griz are not 5-6 or 6-5. They are 2-2.

I'm still concerned that they won't make 5-6

That must be very hard for you. What should they do about it in the short term?

Cut losses. For starters.....if stitt wants a chance at saving his job he needs to fire semore. This shows the fans, boosters, administration that he sees deficiency and need for change. Announce the addition of an offensive coordinator at seasons end. This will allow stitt to focus on big picture more, and still allow for his input in regard to x's & o's. IMHO, should he have a .5 or lower season, this is the only way anyone could justify his staying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, does he stay the course to try to make the playoffs, or hedge to make some mid-season staff changes in case he doesn't make the playoffs? Does his longevity turn on that decision?

PDXGrizzly said:
ordigger said:
grizcycling said:
PDXGrizzly said:
Stitt is not growing. There are no growing pains in this. He was out coached. Plain and simple. The only time he hasn't really been out coached by a good team was the 2015 game against NDSU. Every other decent coach has lit him up. What is his record against ranked opponents? Pretty bad
Wrong. You've had one too many beers and need to go to bed man!

50%+ posting tonight have probably had to many beers, and need to go to bed. :)

Wish I could... currently feeding a 4 week old...

U still can,,,just handle with care and don't breathe in their face. It's a stittentifically proven fact that breathing alcohol saturated air in the face of your infant leads to MSU fans

HelenaHandBasket said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
If stitt fires Semite in the next couple weeks and hires a D coordinator that is proven, maybe give him another year. If not, the stitt show needs to go, because this shit is hard to watch. The first half I was thinking that things were looking up. GJ looked great. Defense was flying around. The second half was all coaching. Poor coaching in terms of discipline, half time adjustment, etc..... just watched the second half.....and the lack of d1 coaching was evident

Honestly, where do you find a proven DC at this point of the season, especially not knowing if he would have a job in a couple months?
Jerome Souers!!!!! Just for starters. Contact him now! How about Brandon fisher?!?! He's worth contacting.

Guess what, at this point of the season, if Semore is fired, they will fill it internally. No one will want to touch this situation with a 10' pole. And FYI, Souers has a job.

Until seasons end. In the interim, fill from within. He's available at seasons end

CDAGRIZ said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
PDXGrizzly said:

Cut losses. For starters.....if stitt wants a chance at saving his job he needs to fire semore. This shows the fans, boosters, administration that he sees deficiency and need for change. Announce the addition of an offensive coordinator at seasons end. This will allow stitt to focus on big picture more, and still allow for his input in regard to x's & o's. IMHO, should he have a .5 or lower season, this is the only way anyone could justify his staying

So, does he stay the course to try to make the playoffs, or hedge to make some mid-season staff changes in case he doesn't make the playoffs? Does his longevity turn on that decision?

After next week I'd move ahead with the hedge option

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Honestly, where do you find a proven DC at this point of the season, especially not knowing if he would have a job in a couple months?
Jerome Souers!!!!! Just for starters. Contact him now! How about Brandon fisher?!?! He's worth contacting.

Guess what, at this point of the season, if Semore is fired, they will fill it internally. No one will want to touch this situation with a 10' pole. And FYI, Souers has a job.

Until seasons end. In the interim, fill from within. He's available at seasons end

I am pretty sure the new coach will be hiring his choice for DC.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

After next week I'd move ahead with the hedge option. And yes, it very well could be that his longevity turns on that decision, should those having to make the decision of his staying or not be weighing his mid season crisis management skills.

HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GrizLA said:
Catsrback76 said:
The problem is you need a growing university to justify that higher level of salary and...well...Stitt isn't your problem. He's proven he's a winner...just ask him!
At least 5 South Carolina schools along with Virginia and North Carolina have smaller enrollments and fewer fans yet manage to make the top 25 year in and year out...Maybe, Montana's best coach is now working in the South....

Please tell me he's from Allatoona.

Is anyone else getting a little tired of the South Carolina anecdotes.

I got a million of 'em..don't read them...I get tired of your fire the coach crap. So, I guess I will ignore those.

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GrizLA said:
At least 5 South Carolina schools along with Virginia and North Carolina have smaller enrollments and fewer fans yet manage to make the top 25 year in and year out...Maybe, Montana's best coach is now working in the South....

Very much so.

Good.

GrizLA said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GrizLA said:

I got a million of 'em..don't read them...I get tired of your fire the coach crap. So, I guess I will ignore those.

Don't think I have ever said fire the coach, but whatever.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PDXGrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigkid said:
Not buying in CDA tonight. We are better than this and just because your happy with the product on the field just shows that 6-5 or 5-6 is ok with you... enough is enough. Blowing an 18 point lead is not what Grizzly Football is built on. Especially at home where the fans were raucous. This was without a word an aweful loss and the reasons are obvious.

I agree on all points except for me being happy with the product on the field and 6-5 or 5-6 being OK with me. I'm not happy, it's not OK, and the Griz are not 5-6 or 6-5. They are 2-2.

+1 psu, ncu, wsu, isu, msu all look like toss ups right now, and und is not a gimme. My god how times have changed

I'll be at PSU... don't have much faith that we will see any difference from today...

PDXGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
westsider said:
OMG, I have never seen an entire staff out coached in the 2nd half like that....

Really, because it's been happening regularly here since the BH days...

Robin put it together his second season. Before Engstrom put a knife in the back of the program.

This program has been routinely out "gameplanned" at halftime for YEARS. Anybody who longs for the BH days go back to the 2009 NC game against Villanova and watch those two halves. I was AT that game and it was way more frustrating than last night.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PDXGrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigkid said:
Not buying in CDA tonight. We are better than this and just because your happy with the product on the field just shows that 6-5 or 5-6 is ok with you... enough is enough. Blowing an 18 point lead is not what Grizzly Football is built on. Especially at home where the fans were raucous. This was without a word an aweful loss and the reasons are obvious.

+1 psu, ncu, wsu, isu, msu all look like toss ups right now, and und is not a gimme. My god how times have changed

There's not a single team on that list that has an offense that even comes close to EWU's if it's firing on all cylinders.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PDXGrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

There's not a single team on that list that has an offense that even comes close to EWU's if it's firing on all cylinders.

I know right. The games against those potent offenses of MSU and UNC last season do nothing but prove your point.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PDXGrizzly said:

I know right. The games against those potent offenses of MSU and UNC last season do nothing but prove your point.

I'm preeeetty sure if MSU scores 24 and UNC scores 28 (or whatever they scored) this year, we'll be putting notches in the win column.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursus1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursus1 said:

Well, couldn't do it in three, I guess. Maybe someone else can not do it for three years, and then another person can not do it after that. That's the way to build a winning program, boy howdy. Pay them like shit and replace them after three years if we don't win every game we think we should. :thumb:

Or we could keep him around for another 10 years winning at his career rate and become the next ISU playing in front of 5,000 fans

Maybe. Not sure. I have trouble with the notion that a new coach will solve many issues when UM won't pay them. We get what we get at this price.

Absolutely correct

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

I'm preeeetty sure if MSU scores 24 and UNC scores 28 (or whatever they scored) this year, we'll be putting notches in the win column.

If you want to sit there and tell me how great the Griz D played against the Cats last season, I will laugh in your face. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursus1 said:

Well, couldn't do it in three, I guess. Maybe someone else can not do it for three years, and then another person can not do it after that. That's the way to build a winning program, boy howdy. Pay them like shit and replace them after three years if we don't win every game we think we should. :thumb:

Are you looking for coach Stitt to build a program like he did after fifteen years at School of Mines?

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursus1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursus1 said:

Or we could keep him around for another 10 years winning at his career rate and become the next ISU playing in front of 5,000 fans

Maybe. Not sure. I have trouble with the notion that a new coach will solve many issues when UM won't pay them. We get what we get at this price.

How did the program get built for a more than 25 year dynasty with the lower paid coaches.

Back