• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Contract Non-Renewal

PDXGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
westsider said:
OMG, I have never seen an entire staff out coached in the 2nd half like that....

Really, because it's been happening regularly here since the BH days...

Robin put it together his second season. Before Engstrom put a knife in the back of the program.

Truer words were never spoken. Been rough time since Robins departed

Ursus1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursus1 said:
Weren't they hired to bring in better players....3rd year not first

Well, couldn't do it in three, I guess. Maybe someone else can not do it for three years, and then another person can not do it after that. That's the way to build a winning program, boy howdy. Pay them like shit and replace them after three years if we don't win every game we think we should. :thumb:

Or we could keep him around for another 10 years winning at his career rate and become the next ISU playing in front of 5,000 fans

Maybe. Not sure. I have trouble with the notion that a new coach will solve many issues when UM won't pay them. We get what we get at this price.

Plainsman said:
Ursus1 said:
Weren't they hired to bring in better players....3rd year not first

At the risk of going against the tide, I'll post the same thing I did on the game thread. I would like to see what this team could do with a different defensive coordinator. As ugly as the D was in the second half, there was a lot of young talent out there on the offensive side and Stitt recruited most of that talent, didn't he? His recruiting has appeared to fairly high quality. The one exception I would say is the concentration on WR talent and the paucity of defensive backfield talent.
Five or more series, every game including wins, Stitt seems to be calling plays out of a magic 8ball. Five three & outs & turnovers are going to get you beat, no matter how well the offense plays the rest of the game. You’re not wrong about the coordinator, but he’s missing talent & depth in the backfield.

CDA and Az need to come to a reality check. This coaching staff is not up to it. Period! And maybe you should start realizing it and quit the "we are building a dynasty with Stitt crap". Why? Because we're not. They got there collective asses handed to them and the funny thing is....it's obvious.

bigkid said:
CDA and Az need to come to a reality check. This coaching staff is not up to it. Period! And maybe you should start realizing it and quit the "we are building a dynasty with Stitt crap". Why? Because we're not. They got there collective asses handed to them and the funny thing is....it's obvious.

You're right. I'm convinced. Let's get Stitt and staff out of here, start over, and get a DB coach from San Jose State or the HC from Long Beach Poly and hope they like the Clark Fork and 154 days per year of sunshine enough to stick around for 170k base if they are successful.

PDXGrizzly said:
Here is to Stitt not getting his contract renewed. He consistently has not adjusted and has placed his players in bad positions. His D-Coordinator can't coordinate his way out of a paper bag. It's time. This team is the same flat team that fell apart at the end of last season. More of the same. Stitt should be done.
wrong

CDAGRIZ said:
bigkid said:

You're right. I'm convinced. Let's get Stitt and staff out of here, start over, and get a DB coach from San Jose State or the HC from Long Beach Poly and hope they like the Clark Fork and 154 days per year of sunshine enough to stick around for 170k base if they are successful.

:lol: :thumb:

bigkid said:
wrong

God it's fun watching eGrizzers fucking implode after a loss that was expected by 99% of the football watching public.

Not buying in CDA tonight. We are better than this and just because your happy with the product on the field just shows that 6-5 or 5-6 is ok with you... enough is enough. Blowing an 18 point lead is not what Grizzly Football is built on. Especially at home where the fans were raucous. This was without a word an aweful loss and the reasons are obvious.

If stitt fires Semite in the next couple weeks and hires a D coordinator that is proven, maybe give him another year. If not, the stitt show needs to go, because this shit is hard to watch. The first half I was thinking that things were looking up. GJ looked great. Defense was flying around. The second half was all coaching. Poor coaching in terms of discipline, half time adjustment, etc..... just watched the second half.....and the lack of d1 coaching was evident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The.Real.2506 said:
PDXGrizzly said:
The.Real.2506 said:
Stitt needs at least 5 years to get his system in place

Pflugrad made it to the Semis in his second year. You don't need 5 years.

Stitt needs at least 5 years, maybe more, his is a complex system :thumb:
Because he had a dedicated bunch of players left over from a stable program. It was before Engstrom decapitated the football program and we floundered around under Delaney. Don't get me wrong, Delaney treaded water but he didn't build anything. Now it's going to take time and Stitt will deliver if you instant gratification knuckleheads give him a few years to do it.

AZGrizFan said:
God it's fun watching eGrizzers f***[*] implode after a loss that was expected by 99% of the football watching public.

Pretty sure it has more to do with how it happened, not that it did happen.

bigkid said:
Not buying in CDA tonight. We are better than this and just because your happy with the product on the field just shows that 6-5 or 5-6 is ok with you... enough is enough. Blowing an 18 point lead is not what Grizzly Football is built on. Especially at home where the fans were raucous. This was without a word an aweful loss and the reasons are obvious.

We're 2-2. Exactly where we expected to be after 4 games. What makes you so certain we're going to end up 5-6 or 6-5? And if you've watched ANY of the Griz EWU games over the past 7 years, you'd know that blowing leads in those games is what we DO. This isn't a "Stitt" invention....

Yep super tough loss. But we all need to band together and see what this season unfolds before the ax comes out, I like our team in the first half if we get that the rest of the way I think 7-4 could happen with this young team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back