• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Contract Non-Renewal

RobGriz said:
We will see where we are at the end of the year, but I say 6-5.
That would be 4-4 in conf. Last year we were 3-5. So you're confident there are 4 conf. games we will win. Not clear to me who they are.

AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:
westsider said:
OMG, I have never seen an entire staff out coached in the 2nd half like that....

Really, because it's been happening regularly here since the BH days...

Remember the Villanova NC Game? Couldn't stop one player.
Remember the cat game last year, Couldn't stop one player.

couldn't stop VA/Kupp - EVER
Couldn't stop Gubrud/Splendorio - it's like dejavu all over again

I don't want another new Head coach. I want a defensive coordinator who knows how to adjust. Stitt needs to make his DC do the right thing. If he can't make him, then Stitt must go. I hate starting over...

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
RobGriz said:
grizghost said:
AZGrizFan said:
Rolling? You mean their first win of the season? :roll: :roll:

yes maybe their first win but damn near won one a week ago..the point is you can see improvement!

Have to admit. The cats looked pretty damn good yesterday
Yeah they did. Looked good against a good sdsu squad too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what did we look like the moment before Taylor dropped that ball in the 3rd quarter to go up 31-13???

The opportunity was there yesterday. We are a good team. But great teams find ways to win games against good opponents. We found a way to lose one.

AZGrizFan said:
grizghost said:
....you have to see improvement..I just don't see it..yeah flashes of greatness in some plays but the overall improvement is just not there...they cannot make adjustments on the fly! Choate has been
with the Cats for 2 years and you can see the train rolling..whats are excuse?

Rolling? You mean their first win of the season? :roll: :roll:
more like 3rd consecutive BSC win......

where stitt is 1-5 in his last 6 BSC games.

I would say that Choate has things moving in the right direction in the beginning of his second year, stitt not so much in the beginning of his 3rd year with lots of previous experience as a head coach to rely on.

I hear a lot of people say that Stitt needs his guys and then we'll all see what can happen. But if you think about it, his guys are now Redshirt sophomores or juniors plus he got rid of a lot of the team from before so he's got even more guys in so he's got a full team of his guys. He's got all the transfers that came in. So I just don't see how with his guys it changes. I would say that you do see an improvement in offense this year with his quarterback recruited by him. And that's taking nothing away from Brady. I really liked the dude. But you look at Choate in his second year and how many young young guys he's playing and his guys are the guys playing already. I mean heck, our quarterback is still 18 years old

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Allezchat said:
I hear a lot of people say that Stitt needs his guys and then we'll all see what can happen. But if you think about it, his guys are now Redshirt sophomores or juniors plus he got rid of a lot of the team from before so he's got even more guys in so he's got a full team of his guys. He's got all the transfers that came in. So I just don't see how with his guys it changes. I would say that you do see an improvement in offense this year with his quarterback recruited by him. And that's taking nothing away from Brady. I really liked the dude. But you look at Choate in his second year and how many young young guys he's playing and his guys are the guys playing already. I mean heck, our quarterback is still 18 years old

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I think I read that there are 18 players remaining from the pre-Stitt years.

kemajic said:
RobGriz said:
We will see where we are at the end of the year, but I say 6-5.
That would be 4-4 in conf. Last year we were 3-5. So you're confident there are 4 conf. games we will win. Not clear to me who they are.
Good point. I'm an optimist apparently

I'll put it this way: Haslam has not gone out of his way to hurt athletics. He has done a bunch of good as well. Stitt's hire might not have been his most astute move, but I think he was hamstrung by Rolls Royce. Replacing Stitt would likely require a real president in Main Hall

Back