• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Contract Non-Renewal

It is not losing the game....it is how the game is lost. Total meltdowns for most of last season and now we have one in the first conference game. Giving up 42 points in a half to a team that got beat by NDSU 40 to 13! Clearly, NDSU knows how to play defense or at least keep the ball away from EWU.

Maybe the HEAD coach needs to be more TEAM oriented instead of OFFENSE oriented. Who's fault is it that we are so short handed in the secondary?

Didn't think Stitt was qualified when he was hired. My thoughts were confirmed when he announced his direction for the team. I haven't seen anything to change my mind since.

I hear "we need to give him time for his system to work." Okay. I have no problem with his offensive production so far, except along with weRing down defenses with a faster tempo, he also wears down the Griz defense leaving them on the field too long. Also, get rid of Seymore. Recruit a defensive back field.

AZGrizFan said:
westsider said:
OMG, I have never seen an entire staff out coached in the 2nd half like that....

Really, because it's been happening regularly here since the BH days...

Remember the Villanova NC Game? Couldn't stop one player.
Remember the cat game last year, Couldn't stop one player.

AZGrizFan said:
PDXGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
westsider said:
OMG, I have never seen an entire staff out coached in the 2nd half like that....

Robin put it together his second season. Before Engstrom put a knife in the back of the program.

This program has been routinely out "gameplanned" at halftime for YEARS. Anybody who longs for the BH days go back to the 2009 NC game against Villanova and watch those two halves. I was AT that game and it was way more frustrating than last night.

The difference being at least BH got us to the NC. Stitt will never be more than a 6-5/7-4 coach

RobGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PDXGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

Robin put it together his second season. Before Engstrom put a knife in the back of the program.

This program has been routinely out "gameplanned" at halftime for YEARS. Anybody who longs for the BH days go back to the 2009 NC game against Villanova and watch those two halves. I was AT that game and it was way more frustrating than last night.

The difference being at least BH got us to the NC. Stitt will never be more than a 6-5/7-4 coach

A) you don't know that
B) GETTING to the NC became "not enough" for many, many Griz fans...they thought the grass was greener.

reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:
westsider said:

Remember the Villanova NC Game? Couldn't stop one player.
Remember the cat game last year, Couldn't stop one player.

couldn't stop VA/Kupp - EVER
Couldn't stop Gubrud/Splendorio - it's like dejavu all over again

spsyk said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursus1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Well, couldn't do it in three, I guess. Maybe someone else can not do it for three years, and then another person can not do it after that. That's the way to build a winning program, boy howdy. Pay them like shit and replace them after three years if we don't win every game we think we should. :thumb:

Or we could keep him around for another 10 years winning at his career rate and become the next ISU playing in front of 5,000 fans

Maybe. Not sure. I have trouble with the notion that a new coach will solve many issues when UM won't pay them. We get what we get at this price.

How did the program get built for a more than 25 year dynasty with the lower paid coaches.

The same way Friends is the most cutting edge new show currently on TV.

spsyk said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursus1 said:
Weren't they hired to bring in better players....3rd year not first

Well, couldn't do it in three, I guess. Maybe someone else can not do it for three years, and then another person can not do it after that. That's the way to build a winning program, boy howdy. Pay them like shit and replace them after three years if we don't win every game we think we should. :thumb:

Are you looking for coach Stitt to build a program like he did after fifteen years at School of Mines?

Nope. Also not looking for the DB coach from Louisiana-Monroe to get a shot for three years.

Talent and game plans win first halves

Coaching and adjustments win second halves.

Long term Stitt ( or any current head coach) is best of a stable program. He needs to win second halves

The griz excitement is dimming fast and it breaks my heart

AZGrizFan said:
RobGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PDXGrizzly said:

A) you don't know that
B) GETTING to the NC became "not enough" for many, many Griz fans...they thought the grass was greener.

He has done nothing to prove otherwise, IMO. He has a career winning percentage of 62%. 6-5 is 55%. 7-4 is 63%. We will see where we are at the end of the year, but I say 6-5.

....you have to see improvement..I just don't see it..yeah flashes of greatness in some plays but the overall improvement is just not there...they cannot make adjustments on the fly! Choate has been
with the Cats for 2 years and you can see the train rolling..whats are excuse?

grizghost said:
....you have to see improvement..I just don't see it..yeah flashes of greatness in some plays but the overall improvement is just not there...they cannot make adjustments on the fly! Choate has been

Rolling? You mean their first win of the season? :roll: :roll:

PDXGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
westsider said:

Engstrom AND Haslam!

RABIDAWG said:
PDXGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
westsider said:

Engstrom AND Haslam!

I'm not ready to lump Haslam in with Engstrom. Engstrom did a generation's worth of damage to the University. Haslam has done his best given the leash Engstrom put him on.

AZGrizFan said:
grizghost said:

yes maybe their first win but damn near won one a week ago..the point is you can see improvement!

grizghost said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizghost said:

yes maybe their first win but damn near won one a week ago..the point is you can see improvement!

Have to admit. The cats looked pretty damn good yesterday

PDXGrizzly said:
RABIDAWG said:
PDXGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

Engstrom AND Haslam!

I'm not ready to lump Haslam in with Engstrom. Engstrom did a generation's worth of damage to the University. Haslam has done his best given the leash Engstrom put him on.

But but but, Haslam has had more than enough time to turn every UM program into a championship contender! IDK why so many want to give him a free pass just because "things take time". Bullshit. I want banners now.
NpiOn23.gif

RobGriz said:
grizghost said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizghost said:

Have to admit. The cats looked pretty damn good yesterday
Yeah they did. Looked good against a good sdsu squad too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizd said:
Plainsman said:
Ursus1 said:
Weren't they hired to bring in better players....3rd year not first

At the risk of going against the tide, I'll post the same thing I did on the game thread. I would like to see what this team could do with a different defensive coordinator. As ugly as the D was in the second half, there was a lot of young talent out there on the offensive side and Stitt recruited most of that talent, didn't he? His recruiting has appeared to fairly high quality. The one exception I would say is the concentration on WR talent and the paucity of defensive backfield talent.

Agree the coordinator is bad but.. You can't completely ignore time of possession and wear your defense out. Stitt isn't going to win a national championship.
Correct; giving the EWU offense 96 plays is a losing proposition. Too many 3 and outs; bad play calls, freshman QB, drops, etc. It was necessary for UM to sustain drives and keep the ball away from Gubrud. That said, EWU exploited the UM defense soft spots over and over with no adjustment from the UM DC. Most damning; UM defenders standing looking to the sideline for a signal while EWU was snapping the ball. Frequently happened last year as well - no change; not set, not ready, not excusable.

Back