• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby alludes to Tim being hired down the road....

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
If we get the Baer of 2000-2007, terrific. If we get the Bear of 2008-2017, not so terrific. Is that clear enough?

So, 5 years at SJS, with a promotion to DC after 2 years, is being unsuccessful? Why would SJS make an unsuccessful coach the interim coach for the bowl game in 2012? And then going to Colorado for 2 years as DC is not being successful? Why would the Colorado coach hire him if he was not being successful? And then 3 years at UNLV? I don't know how that adds up to not being successful, and-or indicating that he wouldn't be successful at UM. I have looked at a lot of articles, and don't recall any coach saying anything negative about him, even when he was moving on.

Great, coaches loved him. You love him. You're impressed by his resume. Good for you.

I'm not. And until he comes in here and proves one of us wrong, both of our opinions are equally valid.

p.s.: His colorado teams AVERAGED giving up over 40+ a game....you have a strange definition of "successful"...but hey, unsuccessful coaches are hired all the time in the business. I hope he turns out not to be one.

Oh BS, his two Colorado teams didn't even once average giving up over 40 in a year. The year before he came, '12, Colo. averaged giving up 46. The first year he came, they gave up, 35.3--and improvement of almost 11 per game. Then 39 the next year, which was still a 7 point improvement. Did you take the wrong years, and average them? And you are a banker?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/colorado/2013-schedule.html

You are the one with a strange view of successful. Moving from one Pac-12 school and Mountain West schools is not my idea of being unsuccessful.

2013 buffalo defense gave up 27, 24 (FCS), 44, 57, 54, 10 (FCS team) 44, 45, 59, 24. 47, 24. Take out the two FCS games and that average jumps to 38.9.
2014 Buffalo defense: 31,38, 38, 12, 59, 36, 56, 40, 38, 38, 44,38...again, a 39 average.

Super. Hope our defense gives up less than 39. :thumb: Guess that’s the bar now.

Whatever floats your boat.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
So, 5 years at SJS, with a promotion to DC after 2 years, is being unsuccessful? Why would SJS make an unsuccessful coach the interim coach for the bowl game in 2012? And then going to Colorado for 2 years as DC is not being successful? Why would the Colorado coach hire him if he was not being successful? And then 3 years at UNLV? I don't know how that adds up to not being successful, and-or indicating that he wouldn't be successful at UM. I have looked at a lot of articles, and don't recall any coach saying anything negative about him, even when he was moving on.

Great, coaches loved him. You love him. You're impressed by his resume. Good for you.

I'm not. And until he comes in here and proves one of us wrong, both of our opinions are equally valid.

p.s.: His colorado teams AVERAGED giving up over 40+ a game....you have a strange definition of "successful"...but hey, unsuccessful coaches are hired all the time in the business. I hope he turns out not to be one.

Oh BS, his two Colorado teams didn't even once average giving up over 40 in a year. The year before he came, '12, Colo. averaged giving up 46. The first year he came, they gave up, 35.3--and improvement of almost 11 per game. Then 39 the next year, which was still a 7 point improvement. Did you take the wrong years, and average them? And you are a banker?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/colorado/2013-schedule.html

You are the one with a strange view of successful. Moving from one Pac-12 school and Mountain West schools is not my idea of being unsuccessful.

2013 buffalo defense gave up 27, 24 (FCS), 44, 57, 54, 10 (FCS team) 44, 45, 59, 24. 47, 24. Take out the two FCS games and that average jumps to 38.9.
2014 Buffalo defense: 31,38, 38, 12, 59, 36, 56, 40, 38, 38, 44,38...again, a 39 average.

Super. Hope our defense gives up less than 39. :thumb: Guess that’s the bar now.

Whatever floats your boat.

No matter what you try to take out, you said that the Colo defense gave up an average of 40 in the 2 years of Baer, and that is dead wrong. Not even close. Won't admit that those 2 years were a big improvement over the prior year.

This is what you said: "his colorado teams AVERAGED giving up over 40+ a game."

Take out the 57, 59 and 56 and the Colo numbers are even better. Ha.

You used to be a pretty good poster. Now you are becoming a joke, Not even honest, or can't calculate.

My guess is that you can't recover from being some wrong about Stitt, winning the Cat game, and Semore. Now, you are not even honest about your support for Semore. Can't wait for more of your guarantees, like about UM beating the Cats and Stitt getting renewed.

You should either admit how wrong you have been, and continue to be, or take a break from egriz.

So, 39 isn’t close to 40. Got it. Sue me for doing quick math in my head. And I guess as long as every game is a play-down game against D-II completion, Baer will be fine, huh? Those seem to be the only games where he can hold a team under 25....LOTS of games over 40, many over 50...that is what you’re looking for, huh?

I have admitted where I was wrong. The fact is, nobody knows about Baer until he’s been here and proven either you or me right. Time will tell. I’ve also said many times I would LOVE to be wrong, otherwise its going to suck being a Griz fan if we struggle for the next 2-3 years.

Take a Valium and get over yourself. Your overhyped level of importance of anything that’s said on here is truly comical.

I’ll tell you this tho: If the Griz D gives up 39, 37, 35 whatever, he won’t be here very long.

AZGrizFan said:
So, 39 isn’t close to 40. Got it. Sue me for doing quick math in my head. And I guess as long as every game is a play-down game against D-II completion, Baer will be fine, huh? Those seem to be the only games where he can hold a team under 25....LOTS of games over 40, many over 50...that is what you’re looking for, huh?

I have admitted where I was wrong. The fact is, nobody knows about Baer until he’s been here and proven either you or me right. Time will tell. I’ve also said many times I would LOVE to be wrong, otherwise its going to suck being a Griz fan if we struggle for the next 2-3 years.

Take a Valium and get over yourself. Your overhyped level of importance of anything that’s said on here is truly comical.

I’ll tell you this tho: If the Griz D gives up 39, 37, 35 whatever, he won’t be here very long.

No, 35.3 and 39 per season don't average to be over 40. No one, let alone a banker, is so dumb that they would average 35.3 and 39 in their head and come up with over 40. Jeez, don't be so stupid. Just admit that you were wrong or lied.

You take a valium and get over yourself. I am dead right on this, and you are dead wrong. And you are dead wrong, or lying, that Baer has been unsuccessful everyone he has been.

Never said I was important, but I know when I'm right, and know when you are wrong.

Man, you have have really lost it. Anyone want to support AZ on the fact that 35.3 plus 39 averages to over 40?

Okay, here's a bet. $1,000 says that the Griz don't give up over 35 per game next year. Put up or shut up.

How about your statement that it’s not close to 40? 39 isn’t close to 40? And when I originally made that statement about averaging over 40+ I clarified at that time that I was talking about FBS competition in the first year. It there, in black and white. I didn’t repeat it the second time because I thought you had a brainstem. Apparently I was wrong there. (See, I can admit when I’m wrong).

You’ve attempted to put so much lipstick on this pig it’s fucking comical....Never mind. You’re not worth wasting any more bandwidth.

So you’re fine with 35 then....wow, how far our expectations have fallen. Gonna be a long year if that’s the case.

AZGrizFan said:
How about your statement that it’s not close to 40? 39 isn’t close to 40?

You’ve attempted to put so much lipstick on this pig it’s f***[*] comical....Never mind. You’re not worth wasting any more bandwidth.

So you’re fine with 35 then....wow, how far our expectations have fallen. Gonna be a long year if that’s the case.

Correct, the average of 35.3 and 39 is not close to 40.

No, I'm not fine with 35. That's your low number. Let's bet on it.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

You’ve attempted to put so much lipstick on this pig it’s f***[*] comical....Never mind. You’re not worth wasting any more bandwidth.

I’m not betting shit. I hope I’m dead wrong, why would I want to put money on it? Still curious as to why anyone expects a better performance than he’s been able to muster up in 8+ years....still no explanation on that one other than he was once a good DC, in a galaxy far far away.

Some of AZ's Semore and Semore defense statements right prior to Cat loss:

Nov. 16 (Thursday): "I think the whole D is maturing and beginning to play much better together as a unit..."

Nov. 13: Touting the D: "Last four games, they're 3-1 and have given up 343, 298, 218 and 362 yards (306 average). 17, 41, 15, 14 points. They're 2nd in sacks. 1st in INT's. 2nd in RZ defense. 6th in YPG. 5th in rushing D."

My favorite was your guaranteeing a win over the Cats and making the playoffs. That was a good one.

PlayerRep said:

Nov. 16 (Thursday): "I think the whole D is maturing and beginning to play much better together as a unit..."

Nov. 13: Touting the D: "Last four games, they're 3-1 and have given up 343, 298, 218 and 362 yards (306 average). 17, 41, 15, 14 points. They're 2nd in sacks. 1st in INT's. 2nd in RZ defense. 6th in YPG. 5th in rushing D."

My favorite was your guaranteeing a win over the Cats and making the playoffs. That was a good one.

Yeah, god forbid I use statistics to make a point. :lol: Please tell me something about the Nov 13. Post that isn’t true....and I could find 100 other people who felt the same way on 11/16. Not so many on Saturday night.

Are you going to answer my question, or just keep changing the argument?

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’m not betting shit. I hope I’m dead wrong, why would I want to put money on it? Still curious as to why anyone expects a better performance than he’s been able to muster up in 8+ years....still no explanation on that one other than he was once a good DC, in a galaxy far far away.

Lots of good DC and coaching experience. Has a better team and D, and better recruiting, to work with. Has good assistants. Bobby hired him. It's pretty close to a slam dunk that the D will be good or pretty good, even in the first year, is my view.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Lots of good DC and coaching experience. Has a better team and D, and better recruiting, to work with. Has good assistants. Bobby hired him. It's pretty close to a slam dunk that the D will be good or pretty good, even in the first year, is my view.

Define “pretty good”. Yards, points, whatever you want.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Yeah, god forbid I use statistics to make a point. :lol: Please tell me something about the Nov 13. Post that isn’t true....and I could find 100 other people who felt the same way on 11/16. Not so many on Saturday night.

Are you going to answer my question, or just keep changing the argument?

Just posted these things to show that you were saying some positive things about Semore's D until the bitter end. I saw one of your posts during the game where you said that Semore would have to go if things didn't improve. Way to stick your neck out. Hey, I'm okay with people being positive or negative on Semore. Just don't like the flip floppers like you

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

I'll use your number. Better than 35 given up a game.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

I'll use your number. Better than 35 given up a game.

That’s not my number. But I was right, we DO have different definitions of “successful”. And again, if THATs the bar, it’s gonna be a long season.

2017: 29 ppg
2016: 27 ppg
2015: 24.6 ppg
2014: 21 ppg
2013: 22.9 ppg

And now PR defines less than 35 ppg as a “pretty good defense”. I think we know who has gone off the deep end here.

My work here is finished.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
Figured you’d be here singing the praises of this staff, including a sub-optimal DC who’s failed at every. Single. Stop. But hey, it’s FBS failure, so somehow that makes it better than D-II success.

Good hands, indeed. If Baer was BH’s first choice, hell even THIRD choice as DC I’ll eat my f***[*]’ hat.

You got that all wrong. He replaced the Griz’s biggest failure.

The guy that he replaced, thumped the Griz two years in a row, and to think you wanted to keep him around.

Please show me where I said I wanted to keep Semore around. Find that post.

I’ll wait.
Indirect; your wanting to keep Stitt around meant keeping Semore around. Who are you trying to fool?

Is that like when you were cheering for the Griz to lose because you wanted Stitt gone? Indirect, right?

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
“Context”?!?...... Ha! Is that what you call your baseless drivel?
If you are going to say Semore is better than “X”, the only context I need to know is whether “X” has a pulse

OK, noted. You're one of the douches. Got it.

Please tell me what about Baer's last 10 years as DC has you so excited?
Raider was right. How ironic indeed.
We’ve been through this whole charade already. And we’ve established that the burden is on you at this point.

And I’ve more than proved my point, but thanks for playing.
The only thing you’ve proved is that you're a big talker but know nothing about football. He’s proof: practically no one agrees with you while many are enjoying dog-piling on you; and ever since your initial hot take, you’ve been trying to walk it back by limiting your “analysis” to certain years and fudging stats.

Your latest back-pedal was to request evidence of a good D in the last 10 years. Well, hot off the presses:

“During San Jose State's improbable 11-2 season in 2012, the Spartans finished with the No. 24 best overall defense in the nation and the No. 19 rush defense, allowing less than 345 yards per game and finishing the year ranked in the top five in seven different categories en route to a Military Bowl victory over Bowling Green and. He was also nominated for the Broyles Award that season and served as SJSU's interim head coach after Mike MacIntyre left for Colorado.”

garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
OK, noted. You're one of the douches. Got it.

Please tell me what about Baer's last 10 years as DC has you so excited?
Raider was right. How ironic indeed.
We’ve been through this whole charade already. And we’ve established that the burden is on you at this point.

And I’ve more than proved my point, but thanks for playing.
The only thing you’ve proved is that you're a big talker but know nothing about football. He’s proof: practically no one agrees with you while many are enjoying dog-piling on you; and ever since your initial hot take, you’ve been trying to walk it back by limiting your “analysis” to certain years and fudging stats.

Your latest back-pedal was to request evidence of a good D in the last 10 years. Well, hot off the presses:

“During San Jose State's improbable 11-2 season in 2012, the Spartans finished with the No. 24 best overall defense in the nation and the No. 19 rush defense, allowing less than 345 yards per game and finishing the year ranked in the top five in seven different categories en route to a Military Bowl victory over Bowling Green and. He was also nominated for the Broyles Award that season and served as SJSU's interim head coach after Mike MacIntyre left for Colorado.”

Even a broke clock is right twice a day. You're living proof of that.

Besides, garizzlies, if you had even a semblance of reading comprehension, it was ME who originally pointed out that successful 2012 season in a thread many, many days ago, acknowledging that he indeed did have one successful year at SJSU. Followed by zero at Colorado...and zero at UNLV.

But keep up with your mission, good on ya. You go girl.

Not sure why I've hit such a nerve with you, unless Baer is your fucking father or something. Never seen such vitriol over a discussion of a coach's track record.

You pointed it out “many, many days ago”? Huh.
Just yesterday you asked for any evidence of a good D in the last 10 years. So I called you on it.
That’s what trolls do: they know they’re wrong but keep pushing some goofy agenda anyway and resort to name calling

Latest posts

Back