• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby alludes to Tim being hired down the road....

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
Please show me where I said I wanted to keep Semore around. Find that post.

I’ll wait.

Reading your post about your discontent with Baer it must be assume that you were content with Semore, after all Semore was the prodigal son of coach Stitt.

And after all, well aware of your contentment for coach Stitt.

You're correct---I never said it. You ASSumed it. Par for the course...and your reading comprehension sucks balls.

I was not happy with Semore or his defenses' performance and said so many times on this board especially during the latter half of the season. I'm not thrilled with the Baer hire, because I fail to see how a failure at the FBS level is any better than a failure at the FCS level. Time will tell.

I'll leave it at that, because this topic has been beat to death.

Why do you keep repeating your nonsense, and lies? Baer is/was not a failure at the FBS level. He has been very successful, being the DC and coaching at 5 Pac-12 schools and Notre Dame. An unsuccessful coach does not keep getting hired for top college jobs.

If we get the Baer of 2000-2007, terrific. If we get the Bear of 2008-2017, not so terrific. Is that clear enough?

AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
You got that all wrong. He replaced the Griz’s biggest failure.

The guy that he replaced, thumped the Griz two years in a row, and to think you wanted to keep him around.

I’ll wait.

Reading your post about your discontent with Baer it must be assume that you were content with Semore, after all Semore was the prodigal son of coach Stitt.

You're correct---I never said it. You ASSumed it. Par for the course...and your reading comprehension sucks balls.

I was not happy with Semore or his defenses' performance and said so many times on this board especially during the latter half of the season. I'm not thrilled with the Baer hire, because I fail to see how a failure at the FBS level is any better than a failure at the FCS level. Time will tell.

Wow, now that is ironic.....

Raider said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’ll wait.

What's ironic?

AZGrizFan said:
Raider said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:

What's ironic?

:lol: Wow man.

1) It is YOU who has beat the Baer hire to death, and
2) You’ve responded about ten more times after saying “I’ll just leave it at that”

Raider said:
AZGrizFan said:
Raider said:
AZGrizFan said:

What's ironic?

:lol: Wow man.

1) It is YOU who has beat the Baer hire to death, and
2) You’ve responded about ten more times after saying “I’ll just leave it at that”

That's because there's idiots on this board who keep misrepresenting my position, saying I've said things I haven't said, and generally being douches about it. So there's that. :thumb:

garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
Baer-ball is gonna make a Semore defense look like world-beaters....

AZGrizFan said:
..this ain’t an improvement over Semore.....

AZGrizFan said:
[Baer] “sucks balls”

Go read the context of the first post...I've been very consistent on this. Unless this is a poor attempt to make it look like I'm supporting Semore. Which I'm not in any of these posts. But accepting Baer simply because he's NOT Semore or simply because he was hired by Hauck doesn't make much sense either, particularly given his recent track record.

Again, better hope we get the Baer defense of 10 years ago...because his defenses since then haven't exactly been world beaters.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
Perhaps your writing skills should improve, and not so much my comprehension, support Coach Stitt should be inclusive of his decision of retaining Semore, so with that said you were wrong about coach Stitt, and his decision to lean on TG and force him to leave and replace him with Semore.

Sure thing. Right after you stop reading into everything with your preset agenda and claiming that the voices in your head are real. Being that this is still America (this is still America, isn't it?), I have the right to support one coach without blindly supporting every coach--inclusive of NOTHING.

And you apparently know NOTHING also of TG and his reasons for leaving, so keep showing your stupidity...

Do you know TG's reasons for leaving UM?

I know them from the school's perspective. I have not ever talked with TG.

Well, if you haven't talked to TG, how would you know HIS reasons? You don't seem to be comfortable with people on egriz expousing on your views of Semore. I know TG and have communicated with him scores of times since he departed, and discussed some of the statements/reasons coming from UM/Stitt, but the common comment from him was something like this: "There are 2 sides to the story." "They have their views; I have mine." I do know that Haslam got irked at him when he said he was leaving to go to the Cats. Did the school side tell you that?

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:

Why do you keep repeating your nonsense, and lies? Baer is/was not a failure at the FBS level. He has been very successful, being the DC and coaching at 5 Pac-12 schools and Notre Dame. An unsuccessful coach does not keep getting hired for top college jobs.

If we get the Baer of 2000-2007, terrific. If we get the Bear of 2008-2017, not so terrific. Is that clear enough?

So, 5 years at SJS, with a promotion to DC after 2 years, is being unsuccessful? Why would SJS make an unsuccessful coach the interim coach for the bowl game in 2012? And then going to Colorado for 2 years as DC is not being successful? Why would the Colorado coach hire him if he was not being successful? And then 3 years at UNLV? I don't know how that adds up to not being successful, and-or indicating that he wouldn't be successful at UM. I have looked at a lot of articles, and don't recall any coach saying anything negative about him, even when he was moving on.

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:

AZGrizFan said:

AZGrizFan said:
[Baer] “sucks balls”

Go read the context of the first post...I've been very consistent on this. Unless this is a poor attempt to make it look like I'm supporting Semore. Which I'm not in any of these posts. But accepting Baer simply because he's NOT Semore or simply because he was hired by Hauck doesn't make much sense either, particularly given his recent track record.

Again, better hope we get the Baer defense of 10 years ago...because his defenses since then haven't exactly been world beaters.
“Context”?!?...... Ha! Is that what you call your baseless drivel?
If you are going to say Semore is better than “X”, the only context I need to know is whether “X” has a pulse

garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:

AZGrizFan said:

AZGrizFan said:
[Baer] “sucks balls”

If you are going to say Semore is better than “X”, the only context I need to know is whether “X” has a pulse

OK, noted. You're one of the douches. Got it.

Please tell me what about Baer's last 10 years as DC has you so excited?

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

So, 5 years at SJS, with a promotion to DC after 2 years, is being unsuccessful? Why would SJS make an unsuccessful coach the interim coach for the bowl game in 2012? And then going to Colorado for 2 years as DC is not being successful? Why would the Colorado coach hire him if he was not being successful? And then 3 years at UNLV? I don't know how that adds up to not being successful, and-or indicating that he wouldn't be successful at UM. I have looked at a lot of articles, and don't recall any coach saying anything negative about him, even when he was moving on.

Great, coaches loved him. You love him. You're impressed by his resume. Good for you.

I'm not. And until he comes in here and proves one of us wrong, both of our opinions are equally valid.

p.s.: His colorado teams AVERAGED giving up over 40+ a game....you have a strange definition of "successful"...but hey, unsuccessful coaches are hired all the time in the business. I hope he turns out not to be one.

PlayerRep said:
Well, if you haven't talked to TG, how would you know HIS reasons? You don't seem to be comfortable with people on egriz expousing on your views of Semore. I know TG and have communicated with him scores of times since he departed, and discussed some of the statements/reasons coming from UM/Stitt, but the common comment from him was something like this: "There are 2 sides to the story." "They have their views; I have mine." I do know that Haslam got irked at him when he said he was leaving to go to the Cats. Did the school side tell you that?

Nope, you're right. I don't know TG's reasons for leaving. That was a poorly worded sentence. I'm sure there are two sides to every story...I know the athletic department's reasons (and their realization that making Stitt keep him around the first year was a mistake).

Ahem....back to topic. After the beat down the Eagles offense with Tim Hauck on staff gave the Vikings, one would surmise his future lies in higher levels than the FCS, no?

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Nope, you're right. I don't know TG's reasons for leaving. That was a poorly worded sentence. I'm sure there are two sides to every story...I know the athletic department's reasons (and their realization that making Stitt keep him around the first year was a mistake).

Was it the athletic dept. decision to elevate the roll of acting DC to Semore in the second year while TG was still the DC.

I’m not saying your full of shit, because that would put me in the same category as you name calling, however you might not know as much as you thing about Grizzlie Athletics or the athletic dept. as you claim.

RABIDAWG said:
Ahem....back to topic. After the beat down the Eagles offense with Tim Hauck on staff gave the Vikings, one would surmise his future lies in higher levels than the FCS, no?

IMO, the only way, no matter what brother Bobby supposedly alluded to, Tim comes to UM is when he is ready to retire but doesn't want to be totally bored. Kinda like Baer.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Great, coaches loved him. You love him. You're impressed by his resume. Good for you.

I'm not. And until he comes in here and proves one of us wrong, both of our opinions are equally valid.

p.s.: His colorado teams AVERAGED giving up over 40+ a game....you have a strange definition of "successful"...but hey, unsuccessful coaches are hired all the time in the business. I hope he turns out not to be one.

Oh BS, his two Colorado teams didn't even once average giving up over 40 in a year. The year before he came, '12, Colo. averaged giving up 46. The first year he came, they gave up, 35.3--and improvement of almost 11 per game. Then 39 the next year, which was still a 7 point improvement. Did you take the wrong years, and average them? And you are a banker?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/colorado/2013-schedule.html

You are the one with a strange view of successful. Moving from one Pac-12 school and Mountain West schools is not my idea of being unsuccessful.

daGrizJ said:
RABIDAWG said:

IMO, the only way, no matter what brother Bobby supposedly alluded to, Tim comes to UM is when he is ready to retire but doesn't want to be totally bored. Kinda like Baer.

I don't agree. Tim already came from the NFL, Titans and Browns, to coach at UNLV. I think Tim would have come to UM with Bobby now, had he not been coaching at a top team likely to go to (and now going to) the Super Bowl, with their top QB and many starters back for next year.

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:

Raider was right. How ironic indeed.
We’ve been through this whole charade already. And we’ve established that the burden is on you at this point.

garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:

Raider was right. How ironic indeed.
We’ve been through this whole charade already. And we’ve established that the burden is on you at this point.

And I’ve more than proved my point, but thanks for playing.

Latest posts

Back