• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby alludes to Tim being hired down the road....

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
We are just in such good hands; can we stop the whining about the assistant staff? These positions pay poorly and he has lined up a good mixture of experience and youth. He demands performance from his subordinates. Even some over-qualification (Pease). Hopefully some more recruits by signing day. Can't wait to see the group at work in spring ball.

Figured you’d be here singing the praises of this staff, including a sub-optimal DC who’s failed at every. Single. Stop. But hey, it’s FBS failure, so somehow that makes it better than D-II success.

Good hands, indeed. If Baer was BH’s first choice, hell even THIRD choice as DC I’ll eat my f***[*]’ hat.

AZ, normally I agree with you but I think on this issue you have stepped off the ledge. Your mostly coming off as someone who is still pissed that Stitt has been fired. I think of the available options that Baer is a decent choice. Since you can’t say who’d be better, I’m guessing it wouldn’t have mattered to you who was chosen, you’d have been pissed. As far as you saying Baer has failed everywhere, that’s just plain wrong and if you actually evaluated it instead of just reacting negatively, you’d have recognized that. I’m not even excited for Tim to take over cus Baer’s defense’s at UNLV were better then Tim’s just two years prior. I get it that you want to be the guy that said “I told ya so” but on this, you just may be eating your hat. It’s not green by the way, is it?

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/sports/2018/01/17/tim-hauck-says-eagles-embrace-underdog-role-week/1041293001/

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
We are just in such good hands; can we stop the whining about the assistant staff? These positions pay poorly and he has lined up a good mixture of experience and youth. He demands performance from his subordinates. Even some over-qualification (Pease). Hopefully some more recruits by signing day. Can't wait to see the group at work in spring ball.

Figured you’d be here singing the praises of this staff, including a sub-optimal DC who’s failed at every. Single. Stop. But hey, it’s FBS failure, so somehow that makes it better than D-II success.

Good hands, indeed. If Baer was BH’s first choice, hell even THIRD choice as DC I’ll eat my f***[*]’ hat.

AZ, normally I agree with you but I think on this issue you have stepped off the ledge. Your mostly coming off as someone who is still pissed that Stitt has been fired. I think of the available options that Baer is a decent choice. Since you can’t say who’d be better, I’m guessing it wouldn’t have mattered to you who was chosen, you’d have been pissed. As far as you saying Baer has failed everywhere, that’s just plain wrong and if you actually evaluated it instead of just reacting negatively, you’d have recognized that. I’m not even excited for Tim to take over cus Baer’s defense’s at UNLV were better then Tim’s just two years prior. I get it that you want to be the guy that said “I told ya so” but on this, you just may be eating your hat. It’s not green by the way, is it?
Not true at all, Bama. I’ve already acknowledged he had good to great defenses up until UW....since THEN it’s been pretty shitty. He seems to be spiraling down the FBS pole from UW to San Jose to UNLV...that’s troubling trend. His one year at Colorado was miserable (to put it mildly). And I have no idea what other options are out there so really can’t evaluate them. Can only evaluate what we have in front of us...I have a hard time believing Baer was Bobby’s first choice or even 2nd choice.... and I’d much rather be wrong than be able to say I told you so...otherwise were in for a rough couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowmat said:
http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/sports/2018/01/17/tim-hauck-says-eagles-embrace-underdog-role-week/1041293001/

Good recent interview with Tim by Scott Mansch.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

You got that all wrong. He replaced the Griz’s biggest failure.

The guy that he replaced, thumped the Griz two years in a row, and to think you wanted to keep him around.

spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

The guy that he replaced, thumped the Griz two years in a row, and to think you wanted to keep him around.

Please show me where I said I wanted to keep Semore around. Find that post.

I’ll wait.

Bowmat said:

If there was ever a paper that I have and continue to love, it's the GFT. I've never found them so dipped in one side politics. Great sports section. Always has and should be everyone's grab to read. Just my 2's

AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

I’ll wait.

Reading your post about your discontent with Baer it must be assume that you were content with Semore, after all Semore was the prodigal son of coach Stitt.

And after all, well aware of your contentment for coach Stitt.

spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’ll wait.

Reading your post about your discontent with Baer it must be assume that you were content with Semore, after all Semore was the prodigal son of coach Stitt.

You're correct---I never said it. You ASSumed it. Par for the course...and your reading comprehension sucks balls.

I was not happy with Semore or his defenses' performance and said so many times on this board especially during the latter half of the season. I'm not thrilled with the Baer hire, because I fail to see how a failure at the FBS level is any better than a failure at the FCS level. Time will tell.

I'll leave it at that, because this topic has been beat to death.

Bowmat said:
Bowmat said:

Sounds like Tim wants to stay in Philly for as long as he can.

PTGrizzly said:
Bowmat said:
Bowmat said:

Sounds like Tim wants to stay in Philly for as long as he can.

Heard they have 22 of their 24 1st stringers under contract through 2018....sounds like a great situation to remain at... :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

I’ll wait.
Indirect; your wanting to keep Stitt around meant keeping Semore around. Who are you trying to fool?

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’ll wait.
Indirect; your wanting to keep Stitt around meant keeping Semore around. Who are you trying to fool?

So you can’t read either? I said a number of times (and agreed with other posters) that Semore had to go for Stitt to stay (and that was BEFORE the 2nd ‘scat loss)...

why is it so difficult to comprehend that just because I’m not tickled shitless about the Baer hire doesn’t mean I’m a Semore fan....those two are mutually exclusive.

AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:

I’ll wait.

You're correct---I never said it. You ASSumed it. Par for the course...and your reading comprehension sucks balls.

I was not happy with Semore or his defenses' performance and said so many times on this board especially during the latter half of the season. I'm not thrilled with the Baer hire, because I fail to see how a failure at the FBS level is any better than a failure at the FCS level. Time will tell.

Perhaps your writing skills should improve, and not so much my comprehension, support Coach Stitt should be inclusive of his decision of retaining Semore, so with that said you were wrong about coach Stitt, and his decision to lean on TG and force him to leave and replace him with Semore.

spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’ll wait.

Perhaps your writing skills should improve, and not so much my comprehension, support Coach Stitt should be inclusive of his decision of retaining Semore, so with that said you were wrong about coach Stitt, and his decision to lean on TG and force him to leave and replace him with Semore.

Sure thing. Right after you stop reading into everything with your preset agenda and claiming that the voices in your head are real. Being that this is still America (this is still America, isn't it?), I have the right to support one coach without blindly supporting every coach--inclusive of NOTHING.

And you apparently know NOTHING also of TG and his reasons for leaving, so keep showing your stupidity...

AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:

I’ll wait.

Why do you keep repeating your nonsense, and lies? Baer is/was not a failure at the FBS level. He has been very successful, being the DC and coaching at 5 Pac-12 schools and Notre Dame. An unsuccessful coach does not keep getting hired for top college jobs.

AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:

Sure thing. Right after you stop reading into everything with your preset agenda and claiming that the voices in your head are real. Being that this is still America (this is still America, isn't it?), I have the right to support one coach without blindly supporting every coach--inclusive of NOTHING.

And you apparently know NOTHING also of TG and his reasons for leaving, so keep showing your stupidity...

Do you know TG's reasons for leaving UM?

I saw a photo yesterday before the Eagles game and in the stadium, of a Griz fan and occasional egriz poster, talking to Tim H before the game. The Eagles looked good.

For the Patriots game, I was in a good-sized bar at the Seattle airport. Have never known the Jaqs had so many fans. Ha. Some people were saying they didn't even know Jacksonville had an NFL team, but there were going to cheer for them.

PlayerRep said:
I saw a photo yesterday before the Eagles game and in the stadium, of a Griz fan and occasional egriz poster, talking to Tim H before the game. The Eagles looked good.

For the Patriots game, I was in a good-sized bar at the Seattle airport. Have never known the Jaqs had so many fans. Ha. Some people were saying they didn't even know Jacksonville had an NFL team, but there were going to cheer for them.
Nobody gives two shits what you were doing.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:

Do you know TG's reasons for leaving UM?

I know them from the school's perspective. I have not ever talked with TG.

Back