• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby alludes to Tim being hired down the road....

AZ weren't you in the military? How many loser leaders did you promote? We need to trust the leader who is now in charge of this football team. We need to support him all the way. If the coaches (leaders) he promotes are failures, we need to trust he will make the right decisions and encourage them or whatever he decides. If he makes the wrong decisions, then we all got a bitch. Stitt made poor decisions involving Semore. Semore was over his head and so was Stitt. Go Bobby!

Pretty sure Barry Sacks will be weighing in on defensive schemes and calls as well. There will be a vast wealth of knowledge on both sides of the ball. Give it a rest.

AZGrizFan said:
If the head coach here was still named Bob Stitt and he’d hired this guy to replace Semore this place would be on FIRE over the hiring...the double standard and love fest for all things BH is frankly a bit embarrassing.
Yeah, I'm super stoked to have BH back here, and I think he'll be really great, but...yeah...this is pretty much how I feel.

I'm willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but objectively speaking his resume from the last eight years is nothing short of terrible, and I am also surprised a lot of the people that railed on Semore, Stitt, and the defense are not a little more alarmed by this.

People are going a little overboard on both sides here, but I think it's healthy to be at least a little skeptical (or at the very least cautiously surprised) at Baer.

uofmman1122 said:
I'm willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but objectively speaking his resume from the last eight years is nothing short of terrible, and I am also surprised a lot of the people that railed on Semore, Stitt, and the defense are not a little more alarmed by this.
The big difference is that we saw first hand Semore's f-ups over and over; this guy has a clean slate with us, in spite of the attacks on his past record. I'll take this guy over Semore every day.

AZGrizFan said:
All you Hauck pole smokers are hilarious...blinded by his nutsack across your nose, I guess. Peace out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: That was pretty funny. :thumb:

jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
All you Hauck pole smokers are hilarious...blinded by his nutsack across your nose, I guess. Peace out.

:lol: That was pretty funny. :thumb:
You’re welcome. Some folks (TCCGriz, I’m looking directly at your sorry ass) take themselves WAY too seriously here. Slinging insults the second they disagree with someone’s opinion.

kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
The big difference is that we saw first hand Semore's f-ups over and over; this guy has a clean slate with us, in spite of the attacks on his past record. I'll take this guy over Semore every day.
You’re the guy who railed in a coach who could only win “65% of his games”...now you’re willing to give a pass to an acknowledged placeholder who’s failed everywhere he’s been just because he was hired by Bobby and hasn’t failed here yet? The double standard is comical for a person who claims to have played the game. At the risk Of repeating myself: if STITT has hired this guy to replace Semore you’d be stoking out, shitting all over him and this board about his past failures.

And never mind we’re basically throwing out the 2018 season waiting for Bobby’s brother to ride in on his white horse and save the day...

And just in case PR accuses me of starting a shitstorm and then bailing, I’m driving all day today, from Phoenix to San Antonio PR, so will be unable to respond. #gogriz #gobaer

AZGrizFan said:

No doubt.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
You’re the guy who railed in a coach who could only win “65% of his games”...now you’re willing to give a pass to an acknowledged placeholder who’s failed everywhere he’s been just because he was hired by Bobby and hasn’t failed here yet? The double standard is comical for a person who claims to have played the game. At the risk Of repeating myself: if STITT has hired this guy to replace Semore you’d be stoking out, shitting all over him and this board about his past failures.

And never mind we’re basically throwing out the 2018 season waiting for Bobby’s brother to ride in on his white horse and save the day...

Definitely not what anybody is saying. Everyone is looking forward to the 2018 season being a break-out season. The whole post alludes to the possibility of Tim joining this staff after the 2018 season. He would be a very welcomed addition to a veteran staff whether as a paid or volunteer coach(since money is not an issue). My post was not intended as Tim being a replacement for Baer, simply complementary.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:

Sorry, but this guy hasn't "failed everywhere he's been". A good indication of that is that he has kept getting hired by good schools and good coaches.

And, don't run and hide from this. I expect a prompt response.

AZGrizFan said:
TCCGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
BS. He was fired twice as far as I can tell but promoted 7-8 times.
Lots of hot takes out of you again lately but no substance. I practically begged some of you complainers to explain who would have been a better choice (and realistically would come for under $80k.) Only names I’ve heard are: Ty, Brandon fisher, and Shann. Is that your hot take? We should have hired one of those three instead?

You think Baer was Bobby’s first choice? 2nd? 3rd? 4th? How far down the line did he have to go to get somebody to come coach here? I don’t know WHO is out there....I only know this guy has failed every single place he’s been as a DC. Failed as in Semore-esque failure. Anybody that flamesprayed Semore but praises THIS guy’s record is f***[*] retarded, plain and simple.

Chill out for f***[*] sakes .
Watch out everyone the village genius is off his meds again .
Just an FYI, "you know absolutely zero about the situation "
Nor do you Einstein. Thus, my opinion is just as relevant as yours.

Never said I did , I've seen kindergarteners that are the best temper tantrum Olympic gold medalists that don't hold a candle to you

IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:
... Anybody that flame-sprayed Semore but praises THIS guy’s record is f***[*] retarded, plain and simple.
Yet, for all the strange features of this guy's record, Hauck -- whose job depends upon having the right people around him -- brought him on board as DC anyway. :eek:

I certainly have no magic insights, but I'm guessing that BH knows more about the pros and cons of this situation than we're ever likely to know. And that's good enough for me.

Haven't you figured out that deferring to the expertise of people actually hired to lead the program is something akin to blasphemy on this board ? :lol:

TCCGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
TCCGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
You think Baer was Bobby’s first choice? 2nd? 3rd? 4th? How far down the line did he have to go to get somebody to come coach here? I don’t know WHO is out there....I only know this guy has failed every single place he’s been as a DC. Failed as in Semore-esque failure. Anybody that flamesprayed Semore but praises THIS guy’s record is f***[*] retarded, plain and simple.

Chill out for f***[*] sakes .
Watch out everyone the village genius is off his meds again .
Just an FYI, "you know absolutely zero about the situation "
Nor do you Einstein. Thus, my opinion is just as relevant as yours.

Never said I did , I've seen kindergarteners that are the best temper tantrum Olympic gold medalists that don't hold a candle to you

What’s the matter? Does salty language offend the big tough guy’s sensitive ears?

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:

Sorry, but this guy hasn't "failed everywhere he's been". A good indication of that is that he has kept getting hired by good schools and good coaches.

And, don't run and hide from this. I expect a prompt response.

He hasn’t performed at a high level in about 15 years. His defenses since then have been average to well below average....but hey, whatever floats your boat.

AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:
... Anybody that flame-sprayed Semore but praises THIS guy’s record is f***[*] retarded, plain and simple.
Yet, for all the strange features of this guy's record, Hauck -- whose job depends upon having the right people around him -- brought him on board as DC anyway. :eek:

I certainly have no magic insights, but I'm guessing that BH knows more about the pros and cons of this situation than we're ever likely to know. And that's good enough for me.

Stitts job depended on those he surrounded himself with as well...

As an outsider looking in—which we all aren’t matter how much one might think otherwise—its hugely hypocritical to criticize ONE guy’s perceived lack of success (only winning 65% of his games at a school that historically won a whopping 33% prior to his arrival) while simultaneously excusing away ANOTHER guy’s obvious (as in plain As the nose on your face) failure at virtually every coaching stop he ever made. Historical failure. Failure of epic proportions. And excusing it away based solely on who hired him.

I hope I’m wrong and his defense rips the tits off the entire BSC, but there is virtually ZIP in his background (with the exception of BH’s apparent faith in his ability) that would lead any observer to think his future defenses will look or perform any different than his past defenses.

If the head coach here was still named Bob Stitt and he’d hired this guy to replace Semore this place would be on FIRE over the hiring...the double standard and love fest for all things BH is frankly a bit embarrassing.

Wow seriously are you kidding AZ? Let's see which coach would I rather put more faith in? One who has won 7 conference championships, numerous playoff games, had the best winning percentage of any team in FCS over a 7 year period and had teams that consistently had good defenses? OR a head coach that didn't win a conference title, failed to make playoffs his last two years, had a defense that clearly got worse over time, a coach who was obviously not even as good as the previous iterim placeholder coach And, AND a coach who's team's made the same mistakes over and over? Getting burned blitzing the rats on 3rd and long last year was bad. Getting burned again in the first half of the game this year was worse, but Stitt let Semore do it yet again in the 2nd half on 3rd and forever. Why didn't Stitt say something to Semore on the headset?

But Stitt was an offensive coach, that was his area. So explain to me why against the rats, a team that ran no huddle offense ALL season long had to spike the ball to stop the clock, wasting a down with about 40 seconds left before halftime? Two quick incompletions later the Griz were settling for a field goal with 27 seconds and 1 time out still left. No huddle, up tempo, fast execution, was supposed to be the Griz strong suit, but when it counted Stitt didn't even have good judgement at what was supposed to be his best area!!

So yes, I trust BH about a 100 times more than Stitt! Whoever his DC is, I'm pretty damn sure the Griz defense isn't going to routinely give up 500+ yards to every average Big Sky team, or get beat on 3rd and long over and over! No, I don't think BH is going to waltz in and immediately go to the National Championship, but I think he's going to be better than Stitt ever was. And no matter how many excuses you keep making for Stitt, his record here is going to stand as a failure. Get over it!

twentythreeOh4 said:
AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:

As an outsider looking in—which we all aren’t matter how much one might think otherwise—its hugely hypocritical to criticize ONE guy’s perceived lack of success (only winning 65% of his games at a school that historically won a whopping 33% prior to his arrival) while simultaneously excusing away ANOTHER guy’s obvious (as in plain As the nose on your face) failure at virtually every coaching stop he ever made. Historical failure. Failure of epic proportions. And excusing it away based solely on who hired him.

I hope I’m wrong and his defense rips the tits off the entire BSC, but there is virtually ZIP in his background (with the exception of BH’s apparent faith in his ability) that would lead any observer to think his future defenses will look or perform any different than his past defenses.

Wow seriously are you kidding AZ? Let's see which coach would I rather put more faith in? One who has won 7 conference championships, numerous playoff games, had the best winning percentage of any team in FCS over a 7 year period and had teams that consistently had good defenses? OR a head coach that didn't win a conference title, failed to make playoffs his last two years, had a defense that clearly got worse over time, a coach who was obviously not even as good as the previous iterim placeholder coach And, AND a coach who's team's made the same mistakes over and over? Getting burned blitzing the rats on 3rd and long last year was bad. Getting burned again in the first half of the game this year was worse, but Stitt let Semore do it yet again in the 2nd half on 3rd and forever. Why didn't Stitt say something to Semore on the headset?

But Stitt was an offensive coach, that was his area. So explain to me why against the rats, a team that ran no huddle offense ALL season long had to spike the ball to stop the clock, wasting a down with about 40 seconds left before halftime? Two quick incompletions later the Griz were settling for a field goal with 27 seconds and 1 time out still left. No huddle, up tempo, fast execution, was supposed to be the Griz strong suit, but when it counted Stitt didn't even have good judgement at what was supposed to be his best area!!

So yes, I trust BH about a 100 times more than Stitt! Whoever his DC is, I'm pretty damn sure the Griz defense isn't going to routinely give up 500+ yards to every average Big Sky team, or get beat on 3rd and long over and over! No, I don't think BH is going to waltz in and immediately go to the National Championship, but I think he's going to be better than Stitt ever was. And no matter how many excuses you keep making for Stitt, his record here is going to stand as a failure. Get over it!

All i’m Going to say in response to this drivel is this: it’s not 2008 and this isn’t the 2008 BSC Bobby’s trying to win against.

Time will tell.

P.s.: please point out the “excuses” I keep making for Stitt. Simply comparing situations, that is all. Try and keep up.

AZGrizFan said:
twentythreeOh4 said:
AZGrizFan said:

All i’m Going to say in response to this drivel is this: it’s not 2008 and this isn’t the 2008 BSC Bobby’s trying to win against.

Time will tell.

P.s.: please point out the “excuses” I keep making for Stitt. Simply comparing situations, that is all. Try and keep up.

You mean you can't respond because you just got you ass handed to you like a Semore defense on 3rd and long!

You want an example of one of the excuses you keep making? How about "it’s not 2008 and this isn’t the 2008 BSC Bobby’s trying to win against." #BOOM! didn't even have to go very far for that one.

Saying that's tougher now than it was in 2008 is just BS excuse. It's not any harder. The Big Sky has not been any more successful in the playoffs. It's is actually EASIER to get in the playoffs now as they have been expanded from 16 teams to 24 teams, yet Stitt failed to even make the playoffs the last two years! You think Stitt's teams would have gone to the playoffs in 2008 since it was so much easier? That's hilarious.

twentythreeOh4 said:
AZGrizFan said:
twentythreeOh4 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Time will tell.

You mean you can't respond because you just got you ass handed to you like a Semore defense on 3rd and long!

You want an example of one of the excuses you keep making? How about "it’s not 2008 and this isn’t the 2008 BSC Bobby’s trying to win against." #BOOM! didn't even have to go very far for that one.

Saying that's tougher now than it was in 2008 is just BS excuse. It's not any harder. The Big Sky has not been any more successful in the playoffs. It's is actually EASIER to get in the playoffs now as they have been expanded from 16 teams to 24 teams, yet Stitt failed to even make the playoffs the last two years! You think Stitt's teams would have gone to the playoffs in 2008 since it was so much easier? That's hilarious.
Stitts not the coach anymore. Try and keep up.

twentythreeOh4 said:
AZGrizFan said:
twentythreeOh4 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Time will tell.

That’s not an excuse that’s facts. It in fact is NOT 2008 and the coming season is NOT the 2008 BSC that Bobby will be trying to win against...wow...figured even YOU could see that. Guess I gave you too much credit.

Back