• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Before He’s Even Coached a Game...

SoldierGriz said:
putter said:
Football players in fight outside of Stocks.....this has NEVER happened before. Glad the Missoulian is all over this...

+1

Yeah, I love how every fist fight is now an “assault”. God I’m glad I didn’t grow up in this generation.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m sorry, this is awful, and may be overblown.

But the optics...

My god...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Does this suck? Yes. Does it happen in college towns (really ANY town in the WORLD) across the country? Yes. Does it happen to MSU football players in Bozeman? Yes. Not trying to condone or encourage fighting, but this happens everywhere. I've seen/heard white guys call football and basketball players of color the "N word" outside of Stocks and the same thing has happened. I reserve judgement until more is known, if that even happens. Could just be a dispute that took an unfortunate turn for the worse, and unfortunately a young man has a very sore jaw. This happens, and will likely happen again. Let's get over it and look for more ways to prevent further situations.

Alos, leave the weight and physical appearance of people out of this. Makes us all look bad.

signedbewildered said:
Must be a Stitt recruit. Hoodlums.

Lol. Or probably one of those goddamn transfers. Come on someone has had to have filled the fellas on the team in about the last go around and it’s aftermath. We need someone to put together a PowerPoint or short film for the team on the history of bad behavior and how it really is the only thing the anti-football crowd can use to tear the program down.

Anything requiring surgery is always considered serious bodily injury which is the definition of felony assault. Ouch. That’s not good right out of the shoot. Let’s see how Bobby and KH and the other powers that be handle this. Hopefully the fellas involved lawyered up that night and didn’t make any statements to the police yet. Then we just wait for the investigation to be completed and see what kind of a resolution came be reached between the parties involved. :thumb:

MTGRZ said:
Alos, leave the weight and physical appearance of people out of this. Makes us all look bad.

Agree 100%. I really didn't come here to comment on this thread, don't plan on going down that road, there will be plenty of discussion to read for entertainment.
But to come on here and read childish comments about someone's appearance and weight that is completely unrelated to the thread topic is pretty disappointing, even for egriz. Do some people not learn?

Grow up.

signedbewildered said:

I too assume it was Stitt recruits.

From looking at the article, this would appear to be a major league scandal, or a minor thing overblown by the Missoulian.

Catsrgrood said:
MTGRZ said:

Agree 100%. I really didn't come here to comment on this thread, don't plan on going down that road, there will be plenty of discussion to read for entertainment.
But to come on here and read childish comments about someone's appearance and weight that is completely unrelated to the thread topic is pretty disappointing, even for egriz. Do some people not learn?

Grow up.

You must be new to the board or just choose to ignore past history. There are a few on here that never matured past junior high and, apparently, never will. As far as the assault/fight - agree that more facts are needed before anyone leaps to judgment. Never good for the program when football players appear on the police blotter but no one at this point knows who initiated, who called who what, who hit first and who self defended, etc., etc., etc.

Plainsman said:
Catsrgrood said:
MTGRZ said:

Grow up.

You must be new to the board or just choose to ignore past history. There are a few on here that never matured past junior high and, apparently, never will. As far as the assault/fight - agree that more facts are needed before anyone leaps to judgment. Never good for the program when football players appear on the police blotter but no one at this point knows who initiated, who called who what, who hit first and who self defended, etc., etc., etc.

I get how this place works, I know there are a lot of childish jokes that get thrown around, don’t really have a problem with that (not overly funny most of the time, but to each his own). Calling someone out and making fun of their weight and appearance are entirely different and shouldn’t be tolerated. Regardless of the history with who they’re talking about and whether or not they agree with that ladies point of view.

Just don’t be an asshole. I think it’s that simple.

PlayerRep said:
Thank god Jensen is moving down the road, to WSU.

I'm trying to determine the connection to this thread unless there is an obvious one that has simply eluded me. I've never played this game.

Catsrgrood said:
Plainsman said:
Catsrgrood said:
MTGRZ said:

Grow up.

I get how this place works, I know there are a lot of childish jokes that get thrown around, don’t really have a problem with that (not overly funny most of the time, but to each his own). Calling someone out and making fun of their weight and appearance are entirely different and shouldn’t be tolerated. Regardless of the history with who they’re talking about and whether or not they agree with that ladies point of view.

Just don’t be an asshole. I think it’s that simple.

Oh, I totally agree with you. You are preaching to the choir with me. It's just that there are quite a few posters on this board that aren't choir members, probably never even heard of a choir, if their actions and comments are taken into account.

PlayerRep said:
signedbewildered said:

I too assume it was Stitt recruits.

From looking at the article, this would appear to be a major league scandal, or a minor thing overblown by the Missoulian.

Totally agree. From reading the article, I learned nothing material that I didn't learn from reading the headline. Could've been a tweet.

Back