• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kale Edwards in the Portal

Again, not a great football answer. You go against the common wisdom that a solid o-line is important to being successful and you contradict yourself when you say in one breath that the Griz defense was solid and helped carry us to the NC but then in the next breath say that no top team runs the 3-3-5 as a base.

Is there a football topic you would like to talk about?
He’s a walking contradiction, Sask.

No. What you need, is to grow a pair and stop trying to be cute with your responses. I ain't buying what you're trying to sell. Unlike some of your sugar-coating buddies, you actually have the ability to talk football. But you would rather join the fray to muck-up every thread. I'm done with your feeble attempts to try to twist anything I might have written. Pretty obvious that a few of you have engaged in this futile mission, probably conceived in the big-boy private super-secret self-flagellation pay-to-feel-special room on egriz. It's so transparent, but all it does is show the board how lame and desperate you boys are to be relevant.
If you put as much effort into clarifying your positions about football as you do into your attempts at homo-erotic insults we might be able to talk football but then I suppose one speaks to what one knows best.

This is hilarious. You specifically ask him about “this level” and he proceeds to regurgitate crap from google regarding the NFL.
Shows he knows nothing about The Griz and his FB “knowledge” is limited to a google search.
Also, he has no connections to the program whatsoever and doesn’t even go to the games. Mr Hoops has more insider info in his pinkie toe
Villanova with Andy Talley in 2009.

Third and short on brain power. Now we know you are also homophobic. Just can’t get any better. What a sad excuse for a human you are. I have faith the young student athletes at the University of Montana are quality people who will make the world a better place. Football or not, they are becoming enlightened and have respect for others. You don’t, but at this point, why would we expect less? I will now watch as your tiny ego explodes and type 700 pages of tripe as the true troll you are. Third and short, making egriz miserable for everyone. Yaaaaaaaaaaa

Third and short on brain power. Now we know you are also homophobic. Just can’t get any better. What a sad excuse for a human you are. I have faith the young student athletes at the University of Montana are quality people who will make the world a better place. Football or not, they are becoming enlightened and have respect for others. You don’t, but at this point, why would we expect less? I will now watch as your tiny ego explodes and type 700 pages of tripe as the true troll you are. Third and short, making egriz miserable for everyone. Yaaaaaaaaaaa
Yeah, you're a real beacon in the dark. Don't ever change. Wanna compare IQs, or my membership in Mortar Board? You don't wanna go there.

How often did he rush from outside 7, 6, or 9? I realize we’re not going to know exactly, but rough estimate will work. Thanks.
I have no idea. I just know he “usually” didn’t line up where you said, because I asked someone who knew.

How was he 2d on team in sacks and TFL’s?

I have no idea. I just know he “usually” didn’t line up where you said, because I asked someone who knew.

How was he 2d on team in sacks and TFL’s?
How was he 2nd on the team in sacks?

Because he’s good, because the defensive is disruptive, chaotic, and atypical.

Multiple things can be true. It’s true that UM’s defense is good. It’s true that Edwards was productive in it. It’s true that if he wants to play in the NFL, it isn’t the best scheme to showcase his abilities.

As to the former, I’d encourage you to watch a game. Whoever told you that is wrong. The majority of the time he wasn’t pass rushing from the 7, 6, or 9. That’s a fact, Jack.

How was he 2nd on the team in sacks?

Because he’s good, because the defensive is disruptive, chaotic, and atypical.

Multiple things can be true. It’s true that UM’s defense is good. It’s true that Edwards was productive in it. It’s true that if he wants to play in the NFL, it isn’t the best scheme to showcase his abilities.

As to the former, I’d encourage you to watch a game. Whoever told you that is wrong. The majority of the time he wasn’t pass rushing from the 7, 6, or 9. That’s a fact, Jack.
I watch the games and understand the game. I also talk to coaches and players. You apparently don't. The fact is that what you said about where Edwards "usually" lined up is wrong. You don't know the facts. You appear to have a big mouth and a big ego, but can't back up what you say with the actual facts. Happy to compare anything in my life with yours.

How many games did you see in person? Were you able to focus on Edwards on every play? Keep digging your hole. Why have some of his teammates said he wanted to play LB or TE, and not DE? How does that fit with your narrative?

"Usually" means: most often : as a rule : customarily, ordinarily, generally. It doesn't mean "majority". You are trying to move your goalpost.

Last edited:
I watch the games and understand the game. I also talk to coaches and players. You apparently don't. The fact is that what you said about where Edwards "usually" lined up is wrong. You don't know the facts. You appear to have a big mouth and a big ego, but can't back up what you say with the actual facts. Happy to compare anything in my life with yours.

How many games did you see in person? Were you able to focus on Edwards on every play? Keep digging your hole. Why have some of his teammates said he wanted to play LB or TE, and not DE? How does that fit with your narrative?

"Usually" means: most often : as a rule : customarily, ordinarily, generally. It doesn't mean "majority". You are trying to move your goalpost.
Look man, I’m just explaining his role on UM’s defense compared to a standard 4 front defense. It’s different. Anybody with eyes can see that.

I’m not moving any goalposts. Majority, to anybody with any sense, clearly means the larger number. The larger number, would be th same as most often. If you want to delve deeper, Merriam-Webster considers them to be synonyms. Perhaps you know Merriam or Webster though, and they told you different.

You can claim that you heard whatever you want from coaches and players. I don’t care. Either you’re lying or they’re wrong (the former is far more likely). Ask 24, ask Nuanez, they could tell you the same.

So just playing them is the most important part? Having no chance of winning doesn't come into play at all?
First off UM wouldn't be the perennial loser people think. Shouldn't increasing athletic scholarships be more important than winning? It would give more of a reason for our top Montana kids to stay home and play in the PAC or MWC (PAC) and offer more players the ability to get a college education. But it's not about winning, or is it? Winning = Money. There is significantly more money in the FBS/G5 conferences than the FCS, the G5's are going to end up becoming the new 1AA/FCS anyway. Meanwhile UM will still be playing Juco/D2 ball in ten years.

First off UM wouldn't be the perennial loser people think. Shouldn't increasing athletic scholarships be more important than winning? It would give more of a reason for our top Montana kids to stay home and play in the PAC or MWC (PAC) and offer more players the ability to get a college education. But it's not about winning, or is it? Winning = Money. There is significantly more money in the FBS/G5 conferences than the FCS, the G5's are going to end up becoming the new 1AA/FCS anyway. Meanwhile UM will still be playing Juco/D2 ball in ten years.
I obviously need to use more words in my replies because no one really understood what I was saying. Ha. I was responding to the post in a very literal way, meaning that if we played those teams right now we would lose badly to every single one of them. That's all. I wasn't really looking at it from a moving up perspective.

In terms of moving up though, I wasn't in favor in the past and didn't want to transition in order to win 7 games a year and play in some irrelevant bowl game. With the current shake up at the higher level and a possible G5 playoff, it seems that a move up becomes more and more feasible and possibly inevitable. The financial aspect is still a huge hurdle even with larger payouts from a different conference.

I obviously need to use more words in my replies because no one really understood what I was saying. Ha. I was responding to the post in a very literal way, meaning that if we played those teams right now we would lose badly to every single one of them. That's all. I wasn't really looking at it from a moving up perspective.

In terms of moving up though, I wasn't in favor in the past and didn't want to transition in order to win 7 games a year and play in some irrelevant bowl game. With the current shake up at the higher level and a possible G5 playoff, it seems that a move up becomes more and more feasible and possibly inevitable. The financial aspect is still a huge hurdle even with larger payouts from a different conference.
Just get Hoops to pony-up. He's a billionaire, according to him, has friends in all high places, and loves to buy access to UM insiders with Daddy Warbucks donations.

Back