• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This is what happens when you offer 100+ offers at msu

With the headline and the twisting of content, I think Payton has a real future working for Breitbart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSkyBears said:
Paytonlives said:
Don’t know the background but does not surprise me at all.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kegley_schuh/status/966247229274038275[/tweet]

So...what happened?

Sounds like Choach offered 100+ players and is now in a classic airline overbooking conundrum. Some will get bumped and have to connect in Phoenix, or worse.

poorgriz said:
Griz til I die said:
poorgriz said:
Ursus1 said:
Wonder when fans of a team that hasn't broken .500 start to wonder why with supposed super recruits Choke keeps getting they still can't win even half their games? I guess mediocre is good enough in Boz Angeles....They already are set for 4 more years of all talk.....no walk. Hilarious

You guys seem a little tense, and nervous. Yes, Choate is building a championship program, but don't worry about it - Hauck was brought back to do the same thing. MSU fans will know if Choate can do it, soon, probably this year or in 2019. UM fans will have to wait a few years to see if Bobby was the right hire.
What makes you think you guys are just gonna magically be a championship team next year and we’re gonna have to wait a few years? We have the talent and now we have a good coach. I bet we go to the playoffs next year and at the very best you guys go 6-5 next year, because at least we have a QB.

Nothing magical about it. Just a shitload of very hard work. It's all about getting the very talented players in the system that are all committed to doing whatever it takes to become a championship team. I don't know if we'll win the Big Sky next year but we'll be right there and my guess is that it will come down to MSU or Weber for the title.
You still don’t have a QB. Can’t go anywhere without a QB :roll:

Not only are they missing a QB, but they are also missing a strong pass rusher—basically the most important positions on both sides of the ball. It’s like the Choate-led boobcats are being led astray.

Murray may not be a great qb, but I think he's a good one. 2d in conference in rushing, at over 100 per game. 5.9 yards per carry. MSU was 3d in 3d down conversion percentage, ahead of the Griz. MSU was 1st in 4th down conversion percentage, at 78%. He was only 51.5% in passing percentage and threw 9 picks. He was 26 yards behind Jensen in total offense. He's dangerous. He certainly has hurt the Griz the past 2 years.

PlayerRep said:
Murray may not be a great qb, but I think he's a good one. 2d in conference in rushing, at over 100 per game. 5.9 yards per carry. MSU was 3d in 3d down conversion percentage, ahead of the Griz. MSU was 1st in 4th down conversion percentage, at 78%. He was only 51.5% in passing percentage and threw 9 picks. He was 26 yards behind Jensen in total offense. He's dangerous. He certainly has hurt the Griz the past 2 years.

He's obviously an excellent runner and the passing and decision making is improving. if he starts and stays healthy in 2018 he'll no doubt have much better stats with better receivers and improved O line, and a schedule that isn't quite the bloodbath we had last year. That said, there are a bunch of fans that think that Rovig or Jonsen (Transfer, former 4 star) are the real deal and will beat out Murray for the starting job. Either way, you can count on MSU being better at QB in 2018, barring injury. Will be a hell of a competition in the Spring. A rare occurence where I totally agree with PR in his outlook on the Cats, and also agree Hauck will get the griz back to competing for the Big Sky title.... I just think it might take a couple years.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

He's obviously an excellent runner and the passing and decision making is improving. if he starts and stays healthy in 2018 he'll no doubt have much better stats with better receivers and improved O line, and a schedule that isn't quite the bloodbath we had last year. That said, there are a bunch of fans that think that Rovig or Jonsen (Transfer, former 4 star) are the real deal and will beat out Murray for the starting job. Either way, you can count on MSU being better at QB in 2018, barring injury. Will be a hell of a competition in the Spring. A rare occurence where I totally agree with PR in his outlook on the Cats, and also agree Hauck will get the griz back to competing for the Big Sky title.... I just think it might take a couple years.

You must not be remembering my posts on the Cats, but they have usually been pretty good and accurate, with a few exceptions. Thanks for your return info.

poorgriz said:
Ursus1 said:
Wonder when fans of a team that hasn't broken .500 start to wonder why with supposed super recruits Choke keeps getting they still can't win even half their games? I guess mediocre is good enough in Boz Angeles....They already are set for 4 more years of all talk.....no walk. Hilarious

You guys seem a little tense, and nervous. Yes, Choate is building a championship program, but don't worry about it - Hauck was brought back to do the same thing. MSU fans will know if Choate can do it, soon, probably this year or in 2019. UM fans will have to wait a few years to see if Bobby was the right hire.
Championship program? FCS has one of them. Almost two.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

It all fairness, all of you said the exact same thing last year regarding Murray. It went on and on about how improved he was and how much better he was and how much more amazing he was because Denarius got him dialed in. Spring ball came and the legend grew, people saying it was night and day how much better he was.

And then the season came. Three games in people want him to be benched. He completed 45% a year prior and improved to a whopping 51%. Rinse lather repeat in bobcat land

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

It all fairness, all of you said the exact same thing last year regarding Murray. It went on and on about how improved he was and how much better he was and how much more amazing he was because Denarius got him dialed in. Spring ball came and the legend grew, people saying it was night and day how much better he was.

And then the season came. Three games in people want him to be benched. He completed 45% a year prior and improved to a whopping 51%. Rinse lather repeat in bobcat land

Can’t really argue too much, but did you watch many of his games either year besides cat/griz?

He was absolutely a better passer last year. Great? Not even close, but that just shows how over his head he was as a 17 yr old starting his freshman year.
He had a few games where he really looked like the real deal passing it last year, but then seemed to regress towards the second half of the season.

I don’t think anyone is claiming that the Cats will have an all American qb next year, but I’d be very surprised (and disapointed) if the qb play isn’t noticeably better next year. Whether that’s Murray continuing to progress, Rovig taking over, or Jonsen coming in and playing anywhere near his former 4* rating.

That is where the optimism comes from. Run game is good, WR’s seem to be solid, defense as a whole should be one of the better ones in the BSC again, all that’s needed is some good qb play to be at or near the top of the conference.
Time will tell.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Murray was much better as a sophomore than as a frosh. The Griz coaches thought he was a good and dangerous qb. I asked them that question later in the season. 51% isn't very good, but a 6% improvement is somewhat better.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

His passing improved by leaps and bounds last year. Went from 780 to 1,600 yards passing. from 6 passing TD's to 15. Much tougher schedule in 2017 as well. 51% isn't anywhere close to good enough and he needs to make significant improvement this year as well if he wants to keep the job. Rovig is chomping at the bit and Choate brought Jonsen in to compete and either win the job or elevate that QB room.

Catsrgrood said:
all that’s needed is some good qb play to be at or near the top of the conference.
:lol: all I need is a million dollars and I’ll be a millionaire

Pretty much every team in FCS can say what you just said. Hell, every team at every level. You are as good as your qb, and yours is pretty shitty, particularly when doing his primary function.
Problem is, good qbs don’t sprout from shit ponds, and they’re either born accurate or not. Your guy could have sprouted from a shit pond for all I know but he was not born with the it factor.
The Fussers really have not been that good since the original red rifle—the last time you’ve had a good qb. Murray is basically the Age of Denarious 2.0. Maybe a better runner but not a better passer, and the Irish lad was not that great of a passer either
I really do hope you guys keep trying to “develop” him into a better passer.

Great passer or not Murray is a gamer and most dangerous QB on 3rd down in the BSC.
On 3rd and anything opposing coaches had their butts puckered and Murray had the confidence he could get a first down. I don't know how much his teammates view him has a leader , however if they do believe in him I would not replace him at QB even if the other QB is an amazing passer. Just the threat that he is with his running ability makes up for some of his accuracy issues.

garizzalies said:
Catsrgrood said:
all that’s needed is some good qb play to be at or near the top of the conference.
:lol: all I need is a million dollars and I’ll be a millionaire

Pretty much every team in FCS can say what you just said. Hell, every team at every level. You are as good as your qb, and yours is pretty shitty, particularly when doing his primary function.
Problem is, good qbs don’t sprout from shit ponds, and they’re either born accurate or not. Your guy could have sprouted from a shit pond for all I know but he was not born with the it factor.
The Fussers really have not been that good since the original red rifle—the last time you’ve had a good qb. Murray is basically the Age of Denarious 2.0. Maybe a better runner but not a better passer, and the Irish lad was not that great of a passer either
I really do hope you guys keep trying to “develop” him into a better passer.

I laughed at the bold.
Overall solid post, too. It reminds me of when Phil Mickelson tried out for the Toledo Mudhens and his heater topped out at 68. He said something like, "They told me all I need is about 20 mph on my fastball, and I can come back!"
And he seemed serious.

That Lefty analogy is spot on. Pure gold. Bobcat gold rush pee stain gold.
And just like Lefty, the Cat People are totally serious, too!

PlayerRep said:
SeattleBobcat said:
Nice a whole thread of griz posters pissing in their pants about and cats, and figuring if they scream loud enough they can make themselves believe they're still relevant... Nice job fellas you guys are a hot mess.

Why do you have to be such an idiot? Of course, the Griz are still relevant. And, of course, Hauck is going to take the Griz back towards the top. And, I think the Cats are on the upswing too.

It's easy to spot the never-played-the-gamers, with posts like yours

You know what's easy to spot? Douche bag narcissists. Why do you feel the need to drop a name like every 3 posts? Cause you're a giant douche bag.

And I've played the game, not at the college level but I didn't realize only former NFLers where the only ones to be allowed to be fans of the game, btw that cancels out your trick ass too. Should we meet at the Mo Club to settle this? Oh wait I'm to busy on a two week vacation in Cozumel to give 2 shits about what you think. Glad my MSU education affords me the good life.

At least CDA was witty with his response.

SeattleBobcat said:
Nice a whole thread of griz posters pissing in their pants about and cats, and figuring if they scream loud enough they can make themselves believe they're still relevant... Nice job fellas you guys are a hot mess.
Losing records three years in a row is what equals irrelevant.

SeattleBobcat said:
PlayerRep said:
SeattleBobcat said:

Why do you have to be such an idiot? Of course, the Griz are still relevant. And, of course, Hauck is going to take the Griz back towards the top. And, I think the Cats are on the upswing too.

It's easy to spot the never-played-the-gamers, with posts like yours

You know what's easy to spot? Douche bag narcissists. Why do you feel the need to drop a name like every 3 posts? Cause you're a giant douche bag.

And I've played the game, not at the college level but I didn't realize only former NFLers where the only ones to be allowed to be fans of the game, btw that cancels out your trick ass too. Should we meet at the Mo Club to settle this? Oh wait I'm to busy on a two week vacation in Cozumel to give 2 shits about what you think. Glad my MSU education affords me the good life.

At least CDA was witty with his response.

I could tell you never played the game. So tell us about Cozumel, your narcissist. You think going to Cozumel indicates the good life. That's pretty funny. Yup, I like to make comments that irk insecure and jealous people like yourself. What kind of person spends his time posting and trolling on another team's message board. That says a lot about you, in my view. You are such an idiot.

PR you missed the worst part of that post—the troll is on his rival’s board while supposedly on vacay in Mexico. If it’s a lie, that’s pathetic. If it’s true, that’s even worse.

I happen to read about a new nickname for Choate-led cat fans: “choalates.” Which are salt crystals of bile.

Back