• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ordigger said:
  • i
EverettGriz said:
Isn't this a violation of eGriz policy?

Why? There are only about 37 people that post here, many have dozens of names. Some even have in the hundreds. Entire threads are devoted to one person chatting with themselves with their multiple screen names. One guy even got to 17 pages on their own. Rumor has it you have 23 screen names.

Holy shit! I'm THAT popular on here??

Being PR is about the state of metaphysical cyber existence and doesn't have anything to do with the actual screen names. Not sure about the other 5 names, but it's quite clear that mthoopsfan is the only name that has achieved the necessary level of internet enlightenment.

mthoopsfan said:
Fahque said:
you sound like an old white guy who isn't the target of racist comments and therefore, sees no problem with them

Try a Native American who is a Sioux tribal member who grew up on a reservation, and still has a family ranch on the reservation. Also a member of the Montana American Indian Athletic Hall of Fame. You don't know what prejudice and racism are. What an idiot!

good for you… Still doesn't excuse what this recruit posted or you're making excuses for him. Have his dues been paid? Maybe, but for an attorney like yourself to say what he posted is no big deal is pretty pathetic. Also, why don't you post under your real screen name?

garizzalies said:
Fahque said:
my post directly above this one pertains to you as well… You know it is possible that he still had the image in the history of his text conversation
Huh? What?
Did you mean to quote me?
Not sure what you’re talking about, and really don’t think you are tracking this thread or issue correctly.
But that didn’t stop you from lobbing grenades at the wrong person. Jeesh.

apologies good sir, trigger-happy I suppose

Fahque said:
mthoopsfan said:
Try a Native American who is a Sioux tribal member who grew up on a reservation, and still has a family ranch on the reservation. Also a member of the Montana American Indian Athletic Hall of Fame. You don't know what prejudice and racism are. What an idiot!

good for you… Still doesn't excuse what this recruit posted or you're making excuses for him. Have his dues been paid? Maybe, but for an attorney like yourself to say what he posted is no big deal is pretty pathetic. Also, why don't you post under your real screen name?

It depends on what the kid posted, and what the circumstances were. Perhaps I had wrong info. Perhaps not. I have not seen anyone post or say what the actual circumstances were. What relationship did the 2 guys have? Was the post serious or a joke? Was the kid ever racist in any other context. I doubt that he has been racist at all. A leader and captain a high school team with various people of color. My house is a block from Sentinel. My two youngest kids graduated from Sentinel and were athletes. I have never heard anything negative about the kid.

I consider what you said to me to be more racist than what Crews said to the recipient of the Venmo. That's because of who the recipients of the comments were, more than what was said. In case you don't know, Indians don't like to be called old white guys. You have been a crappy and out of line poster on egriz for years. You should retire. You are a huge dick.

mthoopsfan said:
Fahque said:

It depends on what the kid posted, and what the circumstances were. Perhaps I had wrong info. Perhaps not. I have not seen anyone post or say what the actual circumstances were. What relationship did the 2 guys have? Was the post serious or a joke? Was the kid ever racist in any other context. I doubt that he has been racist at all. A leader and captain a high school team with various people of color. My house is a block from Sentinel. My two youngest kids graduated from Sentinel and were athletes. I have never heard anything negative about the kid.

I consider what you said to me to be more racist than what Crews said to the recipient of the Venmo. That's because of who the recipients of the comments were, more than what was said. In case you don't know, Indians don't like to be called old white guys. You have been a crappy and out of line poster on egriz for years. You should retire. You are a huge dick.
It must be age; it took me this long to be sure who mthoopsfan is.

kemajic said:
mthoopsfan said:

:lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

:lol: :lol:

Yeah you don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off the old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with slim

He had to take his own mask off for me to catch on. I won't blame it on age, just my natural gullibility.
:roll:
PR by any other name... :lol:

Griz#64 said:
Go get em: fellow Buckskin. John Matte(Flathead Tribe)

The famous John Matte?

"John Matte ’61, M.Ed. ’67, Windcrest, Tex., was selected for induction into the Montana Indian Athletic Hall of Fame in 2012. John was born in St. Ignatius and is a member of the Flathead tribe. A former Griz football and baseball player, John was elected co-captain his senior year and was named outstanding lineman. John coached as a graduate assistant at UM and then entered the U.S. Army, earning an ROTC commission as a second lieutenant. While assigned to the Yukon Command in Alaska, he excelled as the sports officer, earned accolades for his rodeo participation, and was selected all-around cowboy in 1965. After serving honorably, John left the service and moved to San Antonio, Tex., where he coached high school football for three years before beginning a successful thirty-seven-year career in real estate. He was broker of the year in 1978 and 1979."

"Highlighting Inductee mthoopsfan from the Fort Peck Sioux nation! A stellar athlete in football, lacrosse, track and rugby where he played around the world throughout his career! Selected as one of the top 6 defensive backs in Dartmouth Greens history where he played from 1968 to 1971 with a combined record of 27-2! Graduated from Stanford law, J.D. in 1975 where he continues to serve Indian Country! Welcome to the Hall of Fame mthoopsfan!"

Not sure that I am famous, But it has been a Great ride from The REZ to The 80's. And you my friend are famous in my Mind. Keep pulling the wagon and hope it is full of young Indian Kids,, John

Griz#64 said:
Not sure that I am famous, But it has been a Great ride from The REZ to The 80's. And you my friend are famous in my Mind. Keep pulling the wagon and hope it is full of young Indian Kids,, John

In recent times I have been on the board of the Dartmouth Native American Visiting Committee, a quiet but influential committee that reports to the college president and helps oversee Dartmouth's Native American program. One of the current initiatives is . I'm helping fundraise for it. We have high hopes for this pilot part of the project, as well as the larger long-term aspect of the project.

"[The Tribal Solutions and Services Project" is a four-year pilot program to enable Dartmouth students, faculty, and alumni to collaborate in partnership with Native American communities to address inequities that for centuries have hindered the prosperity of tribal nations. It will empower Dartmouth students, faculty, and alumni to generate positive change in Native American communities, forging new pathways for mutually beneficial dialogue and shared learning opportunities.

The Project will support activities, such as service-oriented internships, fellowships, and/or other related work focused on generating positive change in Native American and/or Indigenous communities. The Project start-up funds will allow for planning and implementation over the first few years of development, and if successful, may evolve into a more permanent program.

With three focus areas, teams will: 

Develop initiatives to incentivize economic development, economic mobility, and entrepreneurship. 

Pilot models of health care and create dynamic health systems that serve the needs and desires of Native American communities.  

Address issues and policies surrounding the power dynamic of the federal-tribal and tribal-state relationship."

mthoopsfan said:
Griz#64 said:
Go get em: fellow Buckskin. John Matte(Flathead Tribe)

The famous John Matte?

"John Matte ’61, M.Ed. ’67, Windcrest, Tex., was selected for induction into the Montana Indian Athletic Hall of Fame in 2012. John was born in St. Ignatius and is a member of the Flathead tribe. A former Griz football and baseball player, John was elected co-captain his senior year and was named outstanding lineman. John coached as a graduate assistant at UM and then entered the U.S. Army, earning an ROTC commission as a second lieutenant. While assigned to the Yukon Command in Alaska, he excelled as the sports officer, earned accolades for his rodeo participation, and was selected all-around cowboy in 1965. After serving honorably, John left the service and moved to San Antonio, Tex., where he coached high school football for three years before beginning a successful thirty-seven-year career in real estate. He was broker of the year in 1978 and 1979."

"Highlighting Inductee mthoopsfan from the Fort Peck Sioux nation! A stellar athlete in football, lacrosse, track and rugby where he played around the world throughout his career! Selected as one of the top 6 defensive backs in Dartmouth Greens history where he played from 1968 to 1971 with a combined record of 27-2! Graduated from Stanford law, J.D. in 1975 where he continues to serve Indian Country! Welcome to the Hall of Fame mthoopsfan!"

64, Don Wetzel Jr. just told me that the Hall of Fame is going to have an event at Fort Peck on April 29 to give Hall of Fame plagues to those who didn't get them earlier. I may attend, even tho I already have mine. I put up money, twice, to buy plaques.

mthoopsfan said:
mthoopsfan said:
The famous John Matte?

64, Don Wetzel Jr. just told me that the Hall of Fame is going to have an event at Fort Peck on April 29 to give Hall of Fame plagues to those who didn't get them earlier. I may attend, even tho I already have mine. I put up money, twice, to buy plaques.
That doesn't sound that great. ;)

SaskGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Plagues weren't given until my year of induction, but have been given since then. The prior inductees, like 64, didn't get plagues yet. But will.

mthoopsfan said:
SaskGriz said:

Plagues weren't given until my year of induction, but have been given since then. The prior inductees, like 64, didn't get plagues yet. But will.

I hate to say this, but your spelling error is giving me small pox blanket vibes…

Spelled with a q. Unless something different is being said :eek:

Well, this thread has certainly been sidetracked. For those who still might be interested in Zac Crews news, after not participating in a winter sport, Zac is back out for Track and Field for Sentinel High to defend his State AA titles in the 110 hurdles and javelin.

maroonandsilver said:
Well, this thread has certainly been sidetracked. For those who still might be interested in Zac Crews news, after not participating in a winter sport, Zac is back out for Track and Field for Sentinel High to defend his State AA titles in the 110 hurdles and javelin.
How awesome would it be if that was one event; like biathlon.

SaskGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
How awesome would it be if that was one event; like biathlon.

Zac will not high jump this Spring, as he has added 20 pounds of muscle to prepare for football.

I hope UM stops playing this PC bullshit and gives him his scholarship as originally planned. Those that don't like him on the team can take a walk. He's 17 or 18 by now. How many of you pundits out there didn't do something or say something at that age that someone didn't like? Let him get on with his Griz career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back