• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SaskGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
Well, this thread has certainly been sidetracked. For those who still might be interested in Zac Crews news, after not participating in a winter sport, Zac is back out for Track and Field for Sentinel High to defend his State AA titles in the 110 hurdles and javelin.
How awesome would it be if that was one event; like biathlon.

It should also be in a cross country type environment with downed trees as the hurdles and a live deer as the javelin “target”. I’d definitely watch that.

SaskGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
Well, this thread has certainly been sidetracked. For those who still might be interested in Zac Crews news, after not participating in a winter sport, Zac is back out for Track and Field for Sentinel High to defend his State AA titles in the 110 hurdles and javelin.
Add in pole vault to make it a trifecta and those would probably be the three hardest events to be great at.

Team10 said:
SaskGriz said:
Add in pole vault to make it a trifecta and those would probably be the three hardest events to be great at.

i would include the event of posting a message on egriz that is about football, is sarcastic yet funny, praises bobby hauck, amuses cda and his ilk, but still somehow draws the ire of greenie.

argh! said:
Team10 said:

i would include the event of posting a message on egriz that is about football, is sarcastic yet funny, praises bobby hauck, amuses cda and his ilk, but still somehow draws the ire of greenie.

Are you talking about defending players unfairly attacked on egriz, or opposing racist comments or behavior on egriz? Indians get to deal with stuff like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/03/30/south-dakota-hotel-native-americans/

"A hotel banned Native Americans. The Sioux served a trespassing order."

3-7-77 said:
I hope UM stops playing this PC bullshit and gives him his scholarship as originally planned. Those that don't like him on the team can take a walk. He's 17 or 18 by now. How many of you pundits out there didn't do something or say something at that age that someone didn't like? Let him get on with his Griz career.

I stand my statement regarding Zac on e-griz Club a few weeks ago.

As a guy close to the Crews family told me recently: "It's all good!".

mthoopsfan said:
argh! said:

Are you talking about defending players unfairly attacked on egriz, or opposing racist comments or behavior on egriz? Indians get to deal with stuff like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/03/30/south-dakota-hotel-native-americans/

i read that article earlier today. it is a shitty situation. as for the rest, i am unsure how i got your ire from my post, but whatever, i always get your ire.

mthoopsfan said:
argh! said:

I read the article. That lady is an idiot - and my guess is the vast majority of Americans would agree. Just cringeworthy. Like everything else - a few make life miserable at times for the many.

Has this been posted, yet?

https://406mtsports.com/high-school/track-and-field/missoula-sentinel-champion-hurdlers-drew-klumph-zac-crews-pushing-each-other-to-high-goals/article_ebb5d871-fc38-5b3d-9618-6cb877019349.html

IntuitiveGriz said:

https://406mtsports.com/high-school/track-and-field/missoula-sentinel-champion-hurdlers-drew-klumph-zac-crews-pushing-each-other-to-high-goals/article_ebb5d871-fc38-5b3d-9618-6cb877019349.html

Good catch here Intuitive. Sounds like Crews still a Griz commit.

HookedonGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Good catch here Intuitive. Sounds like Crews still a Griz commit.

Thanks. And yep! 👍

I would assume this still means he can grayshirt, enroll in school on his own dime and would be possible to bring him on in the spring to the team if he met whatever stipulations they set forth or was it an absolute no forever Flathead?

mthoopsfan said:
Why would it take this long to make a decision like that? Unless something changed or happened.

I think the recent Kaimin article which made a big deal about UM keeping plans quiet for likely changed things.

For the record, I think this was a really stupid thing done by a then 16 or 17 year old kid. I believe he should have the opportunity to prove he is better than that. Keep him on a tight leash and let his behavior speak for itself. Zac has already learned a more harsh lesson than most will in their lifetime. I am very disappointed by this decision unless something else behavior-wise happened, which is highly doubt is the case.

In an era of NIL, Transfer Portals and questionable recruiting practices; setting a programs' standards to a higher level seems a bit refreshing... I don't attest to know the details nor am I quick to judge, second chances are not without ramifications ...

go96griz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Why would it take this long to make a decision like that? Unless something changed or happened.

I think the recent Kaimin article which made a big deal about UM keeping plans quiet for likely changed things.

For the record, I think this was a really stupid thing done by a then 16 or 17 year old kid. I believe he should have the opportunity to prove he is better than that. Keep him on a tight leash and let his behavior speak for itself. Zac has already learned a more harsh lesson than most will in their lifetime. I am very disappointed by this decision unless something else behavior-wise happened, which is highly doubt is the case.

http://www.montanakaimin.com/opinion/opinion-um-football-should-brace-for-blowback-if-it-signs-zac-crews/article_24ac1250-bb55-11ec-9619-9bdbf5abd444.html

Above is the link to the Kaimin article...

Brother Bear said:
go96griz said:

http://www.montanakaimin.com/opinion/opinion-um-football-should-brace-for-blowback-if-it-signs-zac-crews/article_24ac1250-bb55-11ec-9619-9bdbf5abd444.html

Above is the link to the Kaimin article...
Nothing in the article that hasn't already been said! Certainly nothing that would facilitate a quick decision by the University...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back