• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mthoopsfan said:
HookedonGriz said:
He used the N word in an old tweet, and coupled it with a black face emoji and gun emoji. It was definitely not “nothing”. He was tweeting it to his buddy and thought he was being funny. Obviously he has since realized it was not funny at all. Will be interesting to see if team agrees to have him be a part.

Wasn't it in a Venmo to a friend, not a tweet? Big difference, in my view.

it was in a Venmo transaction. How is that a big difference (other than he didn’t “intend” to let everyone know his proclivities)?

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

it was in a Venmo transaction. How is that a big difference (other than he didn’t “intend” to let everyone know his proclivities)?

If you keep your bigotry to yourself, it’s ok.

Bunch of judgy friggin' turds posting in this thread.

None of you know what is in the kid's heart, but assume he is a friggin skin head. Give me a break.

He did something dumb. He knows it. He is paying for it. Hope he is a Griz and tears up the BSC.

SoldierGriz said:

None of you know what is in the kid's heart, but assume he is a friggin skin head. Give me a break.

He did something dumb. He knows it. He is paying for it. Hope he is a Griz and tears up the BSC.
A lot of us are lucky there was no social media around when we were 16.

kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:

A lot of us are lucky there was no social media around when we were 16.

No kidding. I nonetheless, spent a few afternoons in principals' offices...the good ole days.

SoldierGriz said:

Not currently judging the kid at all and Im sure he’s understood how big a deal what he did was and he’s working on resolving the issue and I commend him whole heartily for that and wish him and his future Griz career the best. My only small issue is with the posters that say what he did wasn’t a big deal…cus it was. If it wasn’t, he’d already have signed and we wouldn’t have this discussion.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

That is the big difference. He assumed it was private. My understanding is that he referred to his friend as the urban slang: "My nigga
your partner through think and thin. someone who will always help you out, no matter the situation.Did you get the money??? My Nigga!!" https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=My%20nigga

If those were the facts, I don't see it as any big deal at all. In fact, not and deal at all.

alabamagrizzly said:
SoldierGriz said:

Not currently judging the kid at all and Im sure he’s understood how big a deal what he did was and he’s working on resolving the issue and I commend him whole heartily for that and wish him and his future Griz career the best. My only small issue is with the posters that say what he did wasn’t a big deal…cus it was. If it wasn’t, he’d already have signed and we wouldn’t have this discussion.

If the facts as I understood them above were the facts, how was that a big deal?

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

That is the big difference. He assumed it was private. My understanding is that he referred to his friend as the urban slang: "My N-word
your partner through think and thin. someone who will always help you out, no matter the situation.Did you get the money??? My N-word!!" https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=My%20nigga

If those were the facts, I don't see it as any big deal at all. In fact, not and deal at all.

Too many people in MT still use the "prairie n" word, I thought you'd be more upset.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

That is the big difference. He assumed it was private. My understanding is that he referred to his friend as the urban slang: "My N-word
your partner through think and thin. someone who will always help you out, no matter the situation.Did you get the money??? My N-word!!" https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=My%20nigga

That wasn't it at all...

It was a Venmo Payment and the Memo for payment to the friend was for "Ni**er F*cking" and then had a black emoji with a gun up to the head.

fanofzoo said:
mthoopsfan said:

Too many people in MT still use the "prairie n" word, I thought you'd be more upset.

My understanding of what Crews did is completely different than white people who don't know Indians calling them PN's. "My N__" is an urban slang phrase used by many people, mainly Blacks, in a friendly way.

mthoopsfan said:
He assumed it was private.

So this makes it OK? And before you go all PR, I know the kid, and think he is a good kid, but you still don't go doing this kind of stuff. He knows it and feels horrible about the entire thing.

mthoopsfan said:
fanofzoo said:

My understanding of what Crews did is completely different than white people who don't know Indians calling them PN's. "My N__" is an urban slang phrase used by many people, mainly Blacks, in a friendly way.

That wasn't it at all...

It was a Venmo Payment and the Memo for payment to the friend was for "Ni**er F*cking" and then had a black emoji with a gun up to the head.

wbtfg said:
mthoopsfan said:

That wasn't it at all...

What I read/heard was that it said "My N__". I read that several places, including on BobcatNation.

mthoopsfan said:
wbtfg said:
That wasn't it at all...

What I read/heard was that it said "My N__". I read that several places, including on BobcatNation.

I'm literally looking at a screen shot of it right now. So whatever you've read/heard that's different from that is wrong.

wbtfg said:
mthoopsfan said:

I'm literally looking at a screen shot of it right now. So whatever you've read/heard that's different from that is wrong.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Re: Zac Crews
Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:50 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote: ↑Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:25 pm
Before the discussions tab was taken away many of us were told by people like @TomCat88 and @iaafan that this is acceptable speech when talking about friends regardless of color. So I’m not sure what the problem is? :shrug: :shrug:

….I’m on the side of the line that says you don’t say derogatory terms to each other regardless of race. But what do I know?
What a horrible thing to say. Saying someone is “My nigga” because you’re good friends with them is not the same as calling someone the N-word ending in “er”.

mthoopsfan said:
wbtfg said:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Re: Zac Crews
Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:50 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote: ↑Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:25 pm
Before the discussions tab was taken away many of us were told by people like @TomCat88 and @iaafan that this is acceptable speech when talking about friends regardless of color. So I’m not sure what the problem is? :shrug: :shrug:

….I’m on the side of the line that says you don’t say derogatory terms to each other regardless of race. But what do I know?
What a horrible thing to say. Saying someone is “My N-word” because you’re good friends with them is not the same as calling someone the N-word ending in “er”.

I don't think your reading comprehension skills are helping you with this one. Tom was saying what Zac said is a horrible thing to say and is different than using the urban dictionary slang.

Like I said, I'm looking at the screen shot from 11/15/2020 and the fact of the matter is that Zac's payment memo said "N*gger F*cking!!" with a gun pointing at a black emoji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back