• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDAGRIZ said:
retiredpopo said:
as I posted earlier it is a form of social media....some people want everyone to see what they are doing..unless you are are PR and his family and friends they are all private when they venmo, but younger generation all doing tic toc and what not wants their second of fame. It probably has something to do with dopamine and endorphins. Old guys like me did not grow up with video games, but all the younger generation must have different receptors fluttering around their brains so must make them feel good to know others are seeing that they bought a latte or paid someone fiddy cents for something.....I remember when my kids wanted me to do facebook and I said why I have a telephone...they said "dad you can not even text on your phone" I said yup "I would rather yell at someone over the phone than text them....................

Amen. Everybody now just computers and iPads each other everything. Makes me sick. Write a letter, jackass. I mostly blame the video games. Mario was in the tank for Big Tech all along and these kids were just too damned dumb to see it.

It was the parents, bro. Using Mario as a babysitter….the parents were complicit. :oops: :oops:

poorgriz said:
UncleRico said:
If he isn't allowed to play football again then that is radically excessive punishment in my opinion.

ABSOLUTELY! Yes I will rip any and all griz nation when they excuse the behavior and downplay the stupid mistake this kid made, because to the rest of the world it's a pretty bad mistake and he needs to pay the price for making it. That said, no way in hell should this rise to the level of a lifetime ban on playing football. Personally I think he'll get his chance to prove himself to a team (not the griz) in the locker room and on the field.

Uh huh. If he were ever to become a cat, the very moment that occurred this would immediately become the most meaningless issue ever with every cat fan. And your dumbass would be leading the charge.

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:
ABSOLUTELY! Yes I will rip any and all griz nation when they excuse the behavior and downplay the stupid mistake this kid made, because to the rest of the world it's a pretty bad mistake and he needs to pay the price for making it. That said, no way in hell should this rise to the level of a lifetime ban on playing football. Personally I think he'll get his chance to prove himself to a team (not the griz) in the locker room and on the field.

Uh huh. If he were ever to become a cat, the very moment that occurred this would immediately become the most meaningless issue ever with every cat fan. And your dumbass would be leading the charge.

💯

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

There’s never been a more correct post. Right on the nose, EG. Things like this:

“He’s put it all behind him. It’s a nothing burger at this point. I’m excited to see what he will add to the most stacked lineup ever in the history of football.”

-BobcatNation

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Amen. Everybody now just computers and iPads each other everything. Makes me sick. Write a letter, jackass. I mostly blame the video games. Mario was in the tank for Big Tech all along and these kids were just too damned dumb to see it.

It was the parents, bro. Using Mario as a babysitter….the parents were complicit. :oops: :oops:

It wasn’t only that, it was also the take n’ bake pizzas and Mountain Dew 2-liters for sleepovers on Fridays with the fellas. When that nuclear green started flowing and mom said, “No bedtime, just be quiet” you knew you were in for a radical night talking about chicks from school and jumping over toadstools on the basement TV.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

It wasn’t only that, it was also the take n’ bake pizzas and Mountain Dew 2-liters for sleepovers on Fridays with the fellas. When that nuclear green started flowing and mom said, “No bedtime, just be quiet” you knew you were in for a radical night talking about chicks from school and jumping over toadstools on the basement TV.

Little Cesars at my house. And lots of SS Tricky.... :evil: :?

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

What part of, he shouldn't be banned from football, did you not understand? I was just stating my opinion that it won't be for the Griz, due to the liberal shithole that is Missoula. I couldn't care less if he suited up for you. We'll still wipe your asses in Bobcat Stadium come November! :thumb:

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

What part of, he shouldn't be banned from football, did you not understand? I was just stating my opinion that it won't be for the Griz, due to the liberal shithole that is Missoula. I couldn't care less if he suited up for you. We'll still wipe your asses in Bobcat Stadium come November! :thumb:

Acting like Bozeman didn’t become a “liberal shithole” 😂

poorgriz said:
We'll still wipe your asses in Bobcat Stadium come November!
You’re going to wipe our asses? Is that bad?
Are you saying MSC’s program is like a bidet?
Shit pond?
Or are you the toilet paper?
Your trash talk is needlessly complicated.

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
We'll still wipe your asses in Bobcat Stadium come November!
You’re going to wipe our asses? Is that bad?
Are you saying MSC’s program is like a bidet?
Shit pond?
Or are you the toilet paper?
Your trash talk is needlessly complicated.

I bet he eats pieces of shit like us for breakfast.

poorgriz said:
We'll still wipe your asses in Bobcat Stadium come November! :thumb:
After watching your impotent offense against our defense in last November's complete beatdown, I expect to see the Trail of Tears again, so memorable in Bozeman encounters.

I know that for many of you, you have been anxiously waiting for my comments on this issue. So here they are and as such the conversation should be put to bed and no way this thread reaches 16 pages....

-- For what it is worth, I think we are well beyond the "Boys will be Boys" defense for stupid behavior. If we are going to continue down that road for a defense and absolution of bad behavior we are condemned to living in the same vicious cycle for perpetuity. This isn't 1950 and it isn't 1995 either. We just have to be better. Moreover we shouldn't be giving scholarship athletes free passes for their bad behavior either. I know it is tongue in cheek for some, but the FOMO on his talent shouldn't be a consideration as to why to keep him on the roster.

-- If you want to politicize Missoula for being too liberal and this is nothing but another example of a liberal hit piece, I could submit a million reasons in the last week why these types of comments need to be addressed and make people held accountable for those beliefs. That isn't a liberal thing, that is a human decency thing.

-- As for Zac, I feel bad for the kid. I do recognize that he knows he made a mistake, and I know that he has made amends to the football program and specific individuals about his comments. I see that for most that this issue is a nothingburger, and maybe it is in the whole scheme of things, but the minute those comments went public back in the fall he became a part of a larger story and narrative. Context matters.

--Maybe it is unfair and this wasn't the appropriate outcome, but we shouldn't heap all the blame on Zac or the Kaimin. The football program, Bobby and the Athletic Department handled it poorly. Zac took ownership and from what I gather it was more than enough for A LOT OF parties involved. The problem was the football program and athletic department soft pedaled any of the discipline outcomes and it allowed more oxygen to get on the issue and then they lost the ability to control the outcome. They could have said Zac was going to be X,Y, OR Z back in the fall, stuck to that plan, but rather allowed his status to remain undetermined through two signing periods. Obviously it is my opinion but I think some others do have to share some responsibility here as to how Zac isn't apart of the program anymore.

Grizfan-24 said:
I know that for many of you, you have been anxiously waiting for my comments on this issue. So here they are and as such the conversation should be put to bed and no way this thread reaches 16 pages....

-- For what it is worth, I think we are well beyond the "Boys will be Boys" defense for stupid behavior. If we are going to continue down that road for a defense and absolution of bad behavior we are condemned to living in the same vicious cycle for perpetuity. This isn't 1950 and it isn't 1995 either. We just have to be better. Moreover we shouldn't be giving scholarship athletes free passes for their bad behavior either. I know it is tongue in cheek for some, but the FOMO on his talent shouldn't be a consideration as to why to keep him on the roster.

-- If you want to politicize Missoula for being too liberal and this is nothing but another example of a liberal hit piece, I could submit a million reasons in the last week why these types of comments need to be addressed and make people held accountable for those beliefs. That isn't a liberal thing, that is a human decency thing.

-- As for Zac, I feel bad for the kid. I do recognize that he knows he made a mistake, and I know that he has made amends to the football program and specific individuals about his comments. I see that for most that this issue is a nothingburger, and maybe it is in the whole scheme of things, but the minute those comments went public back in the fall he became a part of a larger story and narrative. Context matters.

--Maybe it is unfair and this wasn't the appropriate outcome, but we shouldn't heap all the blame on Zac or the Kaimin. The football program, Bobby and the Athletic Department handled it poorly. Zac took ownership and from what I gather it was more than enough for A LOT OF parties involved. The problem was the football program and athletic department soft pedaled any of the discipline outcomes and it allowed more oxygen to get on the issue and then they lost the ability to control the outcome. They could have said Zac was going to be X,Y, OR Z back in the fall, stuck to that plan, but rather allowed his status to remain undetermined through two signing periods. Obviously it is my opinion but I think some others do have to share some responsibility here as to how Zac isn't apart of the program anymore.

TLTR

Jus kidden, well said as usual and I pretty much agree with everything you said. Now prepare for some blowback from egriz.

Grizfan-24 said:

How are we beyond Boys Will Be Boys? Apparently you think all 17 or 18 year old youngsters shouldn’t or can’t make mistakes that are stupid and costly? My, how pure you must be. And you are a coach?

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

There’s never been a more correct post. Right on the nose, EG. Things like this:

“He’s put it all behind him. It’s a nothing burger at this point. I’m excited to see what he will add to the most stacked lineup ever in the history of football.”

-BobcatNation

The equivalent of playing the story in your head in the shower of you standing up to your bully. Just making shit up that’s not happening just to make yourself feel better. Fairy land we live in

I'm not pure and I have seen a lot of shit absolved under the banner of boys being boys to know that it is an absolutely incredible disservice to all parties involved. Watched in communities that I have coached in absolve sexual assaults, alcohol and drug abuse, violent conduct, and a crap ton of other things under the guise of age and athletics. Kids should absolutely get second or even third chances, but we have to stop pretending that age is the defense for them not learning real lessons and consequences.

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

I do find your liberal shithole comment funny….as you do realize that Bozangeles is on the exact same level now. There are more blue hairs in Starbucks and every restaurant in Bozangeles than I see in Missoula. I am in both every single week. Bozangeles is becoming an absolute liberal shithole. There’s no denying it.

Grizfan-24 said:
I'm not pure and I have seen a lot of shit absolved under the banner of boys being boys to know that it is an absolutely incredible disservice to all parties involved. Watched in communities that I have coached in absolve sexual assaults, alcohol and drug abuse, violent conduct, and a crap ton of other things under the guise of age and athletics. Kids should absolutely get second or even third chances, but we have to stop pretending that age is the defense for them not learning real lessons and consequences.

I agree with about 95% of what you have written in your last two posts. I am a retired teacher and coach. And I have also seen things brushed under the table as you say under "the guise of age and athletics." But I have also seen administrations overreact in large part because of outside pressure. I think what he did was very serious and deserved losing his scholarship. The public scorning has been pretty brutal. But to deny even the opportunity to walk on is extreme in my opinion. I understand that we are in different times than 20, 30 and 40 years ago but completely shutting off his opportunity for redemption seems counter productive. I know as a high school teacher most of what stupid things high school students say is out of ignorance. How can the kid redeem himself? Does he carry this with him forever?

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

I do find your liberal shithole comment funny….as you do realize that Bozangeles is on the exact same level now. There are more blue hairs in Starbucks and every restaurant in Bozangeles than I see in Missoula. I am in both every single week. Bozangeles is becoming an absolute liberal shithole. There’s no denying it.

You would have to be an idiot to deny the Californication of Bozangeles. I think it's been way more liberal than Missoula for some time. And it getting worse each day...

Unfortunate situation. UM wanted to quietly place him on the team and let the controversy die when he proved to be a good teammate not reflective of this comment. The Kaiman called this out. This forced UM to meet and they decided to pull the verbal scholarship promise last week rather than face blowback - consequences for Zac for an insensitive and tone-deaf Venmo comment born from wanting to sound outrageous and gangster to a friend at age 16. I heard Zac wanted this addressed in December as he had other offers and strong interest even after the Venmo was public. These opportunities have dried up given his continued commitment to UM. I understand the decision of UM to cover its ass, but not the timing.

A better approach would be for a team to be honest and address this head on. The background, the counseling, a mentor on the team, why he's a good kid who made a bad judgement, etc. I believe Zac is indeed a good kid, which is why this is the right narrative. The team who does this will get a good kid and teammate, a 4.0 student, a good representative of the university, a potential NFL talent, a tenacious competitor whom opponents hate (he's a trash talker, for good or for bad), and a redemption story when the whole team stands by him in the end.

I get he wasn't a fit for UM given UM doesn't have the presidential leadership or public relations ability to handle media scrutiny like this head on, as evidenced by the past decade or more. But there are plenty of colleges that do (I can see MSU handling this just fine). Who wants to get off their high horse, look at the situation in depth rather than the optics, and give the kid a second chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back