• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
garizzalies said:
wbtfg said:
Someone messaged me a screen shot. I still have the message, just like I have all my messages. I didn't snap a screen shot and save it to use later.

Sorry to ruin your narrative there, Matlock. Lol.

Did you miss my response on page 4?

"I didn’t take a screen shot. A buddy texted it to me back when it happened. A Griz fan. 🤷🏼‍♂️

To be clear, I don’t have a strong opinion of how UM should handle the situation. Just pointing out to mthoops that his narrative of what happened isn’t accurate."
Yes and did you see my reply on page 4? You kept access to it to refer back years later and used it for some kind of gotcha moment on your rival’s message board.

Then you got called out on it and you did it again. Multiple times now.

He’s a f###[#] kid you moron. Your proliferation of some KID’s horrible mistake is disgusting but you keep doing it and trying to explain or defend doing it.

Do you think your duty to correct the “narrative” on your rival’s message board out-weighs the breach of proliferating a kid’s horrible mistake?

Lol. You're making up stories in your head that aren't based in reality. Not sure why you continue to resort to name calling. It's not a great look.

wbtfg said:
garizzalies said:
Yes and did you see my reply on page 4? You kept access to it to refer back years later and used it for some kind of gotcha moment on your rival’s message board.

Then you got called out on it and you did it again. Multiple times now.

He’s a f###[#] kid you moron. Your proliferation of some KID’s horrible mistake is disgusting but you keep doing it and trying to explain or defend doing it.

Do you think your duty to correct the “narrative” on your rival’s message board out-weighs the breach of proliferating a kid’s horrible mistake?

Lol. You're making up stories in your head that aren't based in reality. Not sure why you continue to resort to name calling. It's not a great look.
Not making anything up. It’s all there in black and white for the world to see. Not a good look.

When does your duty to correct the “narrative” on your rival’s message board end? It’s already been two years. Do you plan on keeping the screen shot and following this kid around for the rest of his life? What if he ends up at MSC? Then will you delete it?

Is your duty to correct the “narrative” on your rival’s message board like when John Snow gets sent to the wall? Lifetime.

And so your watch begins.

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
No, that's not what was said. I said that my family and almost everyone I know uses Venmo privately. You obviously don't know how to use Venmo.

Umm, I just described how to use Venmo. But, uhh, congratulations to you and your family, I guess?

Most people have their venmo private. Public venmo is the exception. See below. Just because you don't know how to use venmo doesn't mean that the rest of us don't.

"One in four Venmo users refuse to make their accounts private and instead send cryptic messages such as emojis or random numbers when sending payments."

" The research team looked over 389 million public Venmo transaction messages from 2012 to 2020. They found nearly two in five users publicly shared at least one message containing personal information."

https://www.ktsm.com/news/are-your-finances-exposed-2-in-5-venmo-users-publicly-reveal-sensitive-information/

alabamagrizzly said:
uofmman1122 said:
You'd probably be surprised to hear the largest amount of external pressure directly on the coaches is coming from people that think they should give him his scholarship back.

So what your saying is someone’s turned deaf ears to the masses to appease the few? That never happens.
No, they did what they thought was best for the team. I’m sorry if that makes you so upset.

I’m just gonna throw it out there that I don’t know anything about any Bobcat recruit.

uofmman1122 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
So what your saying is someone’s turned deaf ears to the masses to appease the few? That never happens.
No, they did what they thought was best for the team. I’m sorry if that makes you so upset.

Pump the brakes on the defensive train there big dog. Not upset at all, just making a random assumption of what I thought your post was implying. I read your post as saying most of the people in the ear of whoever the decision maker was on this was hoping the kid would get a chance. Was I wrong?

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:
Umm, I just described how to use Venmo. But, uhh, congratulations to you and your family, I guess?

Most people have their venmo private. Public venmo is the exception. See below. Just because you don't know how to use venmo doesn't mean that the rest of us don't.

"One in four Venmo users refuse to make their accounts private and instead send cryptic messages such as emojis or random numbers when sending payments."

" The research team looked over 389 million public Venmo transaction messages from 2012 to 2020. They found nearly two in five users publicly shared at least one message containing personal information."

https://www.ktsm.com/news/are-your-finances-exposed-2-in-5-venmo-users-publicly-reveal-sensitive-information/

I’m ignorant on this. So when setting up a Venmo account, does it ask you if you want it to be private or do you have to search out that setting? Interesting you say only 40% of Venmo users shared a minimum of one, almost like they put that out there in pourpse. That would definitely change many peoples view of a kid being dumb when posting on Venmo. That implies more intent then I originally assumed.

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:

Jesus, PR. The only -- and I mean ONLY -- relevant piece of information here is that unfortunately Crews was one of those who used a public setting while posting a disgustingly racist text and image. And yes, all posts are public unless the user specifically marks them private or permanently changes their settings.

alabamagrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

I’m ignorant on this. So when setting up a Venmo account, does it ask you if you want it to be private or do you have to search out that setting? Interesting you say only 40% of Venmo users shared a minimum of one, almost like they put that out there in pourpse. That would definitely change many peoples view of a kid being dumb when posting on Venmo. That implies more intent then I originally assumed.

All payments and posts are public unless the user takes one of two actions: they can specifically note a specific transaction as private (the option to do is very small, not obvious and easy to overlook) or go to settings and mark all transactions private (again, not obvious or intutive).

3-7-77 said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
Crews has been informed he will not be on the team next year.

Source?

Still waiting for some verification. Unsubstantiated claim to this point. The Kaimin article is a month old, and a political hit piece. Read it yourself, I did. Then, I wondered who the hell is Brennan Cobin?

https://gogriz.com/sports/football/roster/brennan-corbin/4535

“I decided to post it just to let people know, or at least let the University know who they were signing up,” Corbin said.

Who the hell vetted him? Anyone? What's in his past that he hiding. Inquiring minds want to know. Seems to me he is a backup player, disgruntled that he isn't getting more playing time (but he did make a catch in a game a while back), so he shits on Zac Crews, a local white kid with a 4.0 GPA, probably the best athlete in the state(or many states). The only one I see 'cauing dissension' in the locker room is Brennan Corbin.. He is stirring the pot. Get rid of HIM!
I won't believe they are shitting on Zac Crews until its official. If Griz Athletics go woke, fuck 'em. There will be a bonfire of Griz logowear and other Griz stuff at my house. There, THAT is blowback!

EverettGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

All payments and posts are public unless the user takes one of two actions: they can specifically note a specific transaction as private (the option to do is very small, not obvious and easy to overlook) or go to settings and mark all transactions private (again, not obvious or intutive).

Thanks for the clarification EG. So he, like me, was just probably ignorant to the possibility that his message was a publicly viewable post.

3-7-77 said:
3-7-77 said:

Still waiting for some verification. Unsubstantiated claim to this point. The Kaimin article is a month old, and a political hit piece. Read it yourself, I did. Then, I wondered who the hell is Brennan Cobin?

“I decided to post it just to let people know, or at least let the University know who they were signing up,” Corbin said.

Who the hell vetted him? Anyone? What's in his past that he hiding. Inquiring minds want to know. Seems to me he is a backup player, disgruntled that he isn't getting more playing time (but he did make a catch in a game a while back), so he shits on Zac Crews, a local white kid with a 4.0 GPA, probably the best athlete in the state(or many states). The only one I see 'cauing dissension' in the locker room is Brennan Corbin.. He is stirring the pot. Get rid of HIM!
I won't believe they are shitting on Zac Crews until its official. If Griz Athletics go woke, fuck 'em. There will be a bonfire of Griz logowear and other Griz stuff at my house. There, THAT is blowback!

OMG, please don’t. They’d likely cancel the program without you.

alabamagrizzly said:
uofmman1122 said:

Pump the brakes on the defensive train there big dog. Not upset at all, just making a random assumption of what I thought your post was implying. I read your post as saying most of the people in the ear of whoever the decision maker was on this was hoping the kid would get a chance. Was I wrong?
Yes, the majority of the pressure from the public/boosters/people close to the program has been a push for them to give him his scholarship back. If they (allegedly) didn't do that and (allegedly) told him he won't be on the team, then they must feel it's better for the team that he not be a part of it.

Want to again stress "allegedly", because I haven't heard anything about him not being on the team this fall, but I guess we'll see.

CDAGRIZ said:
3-7-77 said:

I won't believe they are shitting on Zac Crews until its official. If Griz Athletics go woke, [#]f### 'em. There will be a bonfire of Griz logowear and other Griz stuff at my house. There, THAT is blowback!

Yes, it's true. It's also a little-known fact that when you burn the products of an institution you already own, it also burns the money that you already paid them, as well. :(

uofmman1122 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Yes, the majority of the pressure from the public/boosters/people close to the program has been a push for them to give him his scholarship back. If they (allegedly) didn't do that and (allegedly) told him he won't be on the team, then they must feel it's better for the team that he not be a part of it.

Want to again stress "allegedly", because I haven't heard anything about him not being on the team this fall, but I guess we'll see.

Ok, glad we’re on the same page now. I’d also think your last statement probably rings true with 99.9% of Missoula. Problem is a lot of us don’t want to wait and see and would rather jump to assumptions where they imply they know something. I’m with you, waiting and seeing is a good plan.

uofmman1122 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Yes, it's true. It's also a little-known fact that when you burn the products of an institution you already own, it also burns the money that you already paid them, as well. :(

Yeah, but an adult tantrum will show them what for, boy howdy. Like when Ralphie daydreamed about going blind from soap poisoning to really make his parents sorry in A Christmas Story.

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Jesus, PR. The only -- and I mean ONLY -- relevant piece of information here is that unfortunately Crews was one of those who used a public setting while posting a disgustingly racist text and image. And yes, all posts are public unless the user specifically marks them private or permanently changes their settings.
Amen, I bet Zac wishes he would have had the private box checked......That is what I was saying. venmo is social media for those users who want the world to know want transactions they are making....

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

There are 3 main categories. Private, friends and public. And, again, the majority of Venmo users and posts are private. Also, you don't know if he had his Venmo set for Public. Jesus, Everett, do some research before posting on a technology you know nothing about.

retiredpopo said:
EverettGriz said:
Amen, I bet Zac wishes he would have had the private box checked......That is what I was saying. venmo is social media for those users who want the world to know want transactions they are making....

Uhhh, if Zac was as decent as most on here say he is, he should wish that he had never posted it at all and should not even think it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back