• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:
Jesus, PR. The only -- and I mean ONLY -- relevant piece of information here is that unfortunately Crews was one of those who used a public setting while posting a disgustingly racist text and image. And yes, all posts are public unless the user specifically marks them private or permanently changes their settings.

There are 3 main categories. Private, friends and public. And, again, the majority of Venmo users and posts are private. Also, you don't know if he had his Venmo set for Public. Jesus, Everett, do some research before posting on a technology you know nothing about.
well any thing posted to friends can ultimately end up being public in the long run...especially when it comes to younger people and ex boyfriends and girlfriends....

alabamagrizzly said:
retiredpopo said:
Amen, I bet Zac wishes he would have had the private box checked......That is what I was saying. venmo is social media for those users who want the world to know want transactions they are making....

Uhhh, if Zac was as decent as most on here say he is, he should wish that he had never posted it at all and should not even think it.

yup no doubt about it, hopefully lessons were learned...

Three comments on this fiasco. First... am I the only one in the "I don't even know what that means" boat when reading "N*gger F*cking"? Second... a UM professor called his daughther the N word? News to me. Third, this quote is the funniest thing I've read in awhile. Like he ever answers the hard questions. His answer would be, "Move on. And if you mention it again your're out of the room."

Would Head Coach Hauck be ready to answer some tough questions if they did?

alabamagrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
All payments and posts are public unless the user takes one of two actions: they can specifically note a specific transaction as private (the option to do is very small, not obvious and easy to overlook) or go to settings and mark all transactions private (again, not obvious or intutive).

Thanks for the clarification EG. So he, like me, was just probably ignorant to the possibility that his message was a publicly viewable post.

Correct. Using the best case scenario that would be accurate. The more concerning take would be that he did know, and chose to post what he did anyway. I prefer to hope and believe it’s the former.

EverettGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Thanks for the clarification EG. So he, like me, was just probably ignorant to the possibility that his message was a publicly viewable post.

Correct. Using the best case scenario that would be accurate. The more concerning take would be that he did know, and chose to post what he did anyway. I prefer to hope and believe it’s the former.

Well I had no idea you could make them private. I’m sure I’m not alone in that.

AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:

Well I had no idea you could make them private. I’m sure I’m not alone in that.

I had no idea they were publicly viewable let alone you had to make them private. I might be alone in that.

flatheadgriz406 said:
Crews has been informed he will not be on the team next year.

I think we’re still waiting on how you’ve heard this info. Family friend? Heard from the coaches? Crystal ball? Any bit of info would be helpful since you stirred up the ant hill. Radio silence is not good for egriz.

I don’t Venmo and Zach probably should stop, but can someone explain the utility or purpose of posting your financial transactions on the internet for all the world to see? Or is that the point? SMH

Jesse said:
I don’t Venmo and Zach probably should stop, but can someone explain the utility or purpose of posting your financial transactions on the internet for all the world to see? Or is that the point? SMH

as I posted earlier it is a form of social media....some people want everyone to see what they are doing..unless you are are PR and his family and friends they are all private when they venmo, but younger generation all doing tic toc and what not wants their second of fame. It probably has something to do with dopamine and endorphins. Old guys like me did not grow up with video games, but all the younger generation must have different receptors fluttering around their brains so must make them feel good to know others are seeing that they bought a latte or paid someone fiddy cents for something.....I remember when my kids wanted me to do facebook and I said why I have a telephone...they said "dad you can not even text on your phone" I said yup "I would rather yell at someone over the phone than text them....................

The question remains. Is Zac going to get a second chance or not? If not and he still wants to play football, he should think about moving, possibly out of state where a team will give him the second chance. If he can’t or won’t do that, football may not happen for him.

Spanky2 said:
The question remains. Is Zac going to get a second chance or not? If not and he still wants to play football, he should think about moving, possibly out of state where a team will give him the second chance. If he can’t or won’t do that, football may not happen for him.

Statements like his will follow him everywhere.

Spanky2 said:

If he isn't allowed to play football again then that is radically excessive punishment in my opinion.

retiredpopo said:
Jesse said:

as I posted earlier it is a form of social media....some people want everyone to see what they are doing..unless you are are PR and his family and friends they are all private when they venmo, but younger generation all doing tic toc and what not wants their second of fame. It probably has something to do with dopamine and endorphins. Old guys like me did not grow up with video games, but all the younger generation must have different receptors fluttering around their brains so must make them feel good to know others are seeing that they bought a latte or paid someone fiddy cents for something.....I remember when my kids wanted me to do facebook and I said why I have a telephone...they said "dad you can not even text on your phone" I said yup "I would rather yell at someone over the phone than text them....................

Amen. Everybody now just computers and iPads each other everything. Makes me sick. Write a letter, jackass. I mostly blame the video games. Mario was in the tank for Big Tech all along and these kids were just too damned dumb to see it.

UncleRico said:
Spanky2 said:

If he isn't allowed to play football again then that is radically excessive punishment in my opinion.

ABSOLUTELY! Yes I will rip any and all griz nation when they excuse the behavior and downplay the stupid mistake this kid made, because to the rest of the world it's a pretty bad mistake and he needs to pay the price for making it. That said, no way in hell should this rise to the level of a lifetime ban on playing football. Personally I think he'll get his chance to prove himself to a team (not the griz) in the locker room and on the field.

Da Boyz Mom said:
I'm seriously thankful for this thread because I have learned one thing - never use Venmo.

In my day, when you owed someone six bits, you went down to the post office and mailed it like an adult. Whole world’s gone mad!

poorgriz said:
UncleRico said:

ABSOLUTELY! Yes I will rip any and all griz nation when they excuse the behavior and downplay the stupid mistake this kid made, because to the rest of the world it's a pretty bad mistake and he needs to pay the price for making it. That said, no way in hell should this rise to the level of a lifetime ban on playing football. Personally I think he'll get his chance to prove himself to a team (not the griz) in the locker room and on the field.

…somebody hand me the fly swatter…

:cool:

poorgriz said:
UncleRico said:

So if he gets his chance, why not the Griz? I mean, whatever team he plays on, there’s gonna be some initial blowback, etc., etc., but the Griz can weather than like any other team….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back