• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Winter Conditioning Starts on Tuesday

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Uptop, you are a known liar. Let me guess. Your many sons were roommates with Griz all-conference players?

Nope, but his first roommate is an orthopedic surgeon that does many of the Griz players surgeries. And Hoops, you are the liar here. Did like that BH fired Rosey and isn't even letting him near the players next year? I thought you said there weren't going to be any coaching changes and that the qbs were getting great coaching.

Nope, didn’t say that.

So, your doctor friend, who has a confidential doctor-patient relationship that is subject to ethics rules, tells you and your son things players say to him? Sorry, I don’t believe you. You are a liar.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
You’re posting like a senile old man. You just contradicted yourself from one post to the next. And you’re calling me dense😂?

In the first post you say you know it’s hyperbole and then in your second post you say you don’t know. And where’s the facts? He was stating an exaggerated opinion and you decided to be offended by that. I’m guessing you’ve been in several fire fights and know exactly what it’s like to fight for life in a non-exaggerated way and I thank and commend you for that but lighten up Francis.

Desk clerks don’t have to fight for their lives.

Typical dick post. :coffee:

wbtfg said:
Bfg76 said:
"Put your helmet on and go color"

Could have gone without that commentary. @bfg76

Exactly. Dude logs into a fan website and then shits all over said fans. Gotta cut him some slack though he was fightin for his life in gym class with a coach confusing him with head fakes.

GMAFB.

SoldierGriz said:
wbtfg said:
Could have gone without that commentary. @bfg76

Exactly. Dude logs into a fan website and then poop all over said fans. Gotta cut him some slack though he was fightin for his life in gym class with a coach confusing him with head fakes.

GMAFB.

So you agree with a scat fan being a troll? Does that make you a troll also? Guilty by association.

mthoopsfan said:
uptopgriz said:
Nope, but his first roommate is an orthopedic surgeon that does many of the Griz players surgeries. And Hoops, you are the liar here. Did like that BH fired Rosey and isn't even letting him near the players next year? I thought you said there weren't going to be any coaching changes and that the qbs were getting great coaching.

Nope, didn’t say that.

So, your doctor friend, who has a confidential doctor-patient relationship that is subject to ethics rules, tells you and your son things players say to him? Sorry, I don’t believe you. You are a liar.

😂 and this guy is an attorney. My son is a physician too, but he works with the University of Utah athletes, and you have no clue about HIPAA.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Nope, didn’t say that.

😂 and this guy is an attorney. My son is a physician too, but he works with the University of Utah athletes, and you have no clue about HIPAA.

I said ethics rules. Not HIPAA.

“ Physicians in turn have an ethical obligation to preserve the confidentiality of information gathered in association with the care of the patient.”

“ The legal and ethical principle of doctor-patient confidentiality applies to all communications and information within a genuine doctor-patient relationship. The doctor-patient relationship exists whenever a person seeks medical advice or treatment from a doctor and have a reasonable expectation of privacy.”

“ Is everything I tell my doctor confidential?

Your doctor will keep the details of what you talk about private, or confidential. The only times when your doctor cannot honor your privacy is when someone is hurting you or you are going to hurt yourself or someone else.”

“All patient information is considered confidential and sensitive. This includes patient demographic, registration, financial, and clinical information. Hospital policies and procedures, and state and federal statutes to
protect the internal use and external disclosure of patient information.”

“ Opinion 5.05 - Confidentiality

AMA Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs
The information disclosed to a physician by a patient should be held in confidence. ”

mthoopsfan said:
uptopgriz said:

I said ethics rules. Not HIPAA.

“ Physicians in turn have an ethical obligation to preserve the confidentiality of information gathered in association with the care of the patient.”

“ The legal and ethical principle of doctor-patient confidentiality applies to all communications and information within a genuine doctor-patient relationship. The doctor-patient relationship exists whenever a person seeks medical advice or treatment from a doctor and have a reasonable expectation of privacy.”

“ Is everything I tell my doctor confidential?

Your doctor will keep the details of what you talk about private, or confidential. The only times when your doctor cannot honor your privacy is when someone is hurting you or you are going to hurt yourself or someone else.”

“All patient information is considered confidential and sensitive. This includes patient demographic, registration, financial, and clinical information. Hospital policies and procedures, and state and federal statutes to
protect the internal use and external disclosure of patient information.”

“ Opinion 5.05 - Confidentiality

AMA Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs
The information disclosed to a physician by a patient should be held in confidence. ”

There only obligation is to follow HIPAA. Anything else is lawyer speak.

alabamagrizzly said:
SoldierGriz said:
Exactly. Dude logs into a fan website and then poop all over said fans. Gotta cut him some slack though he was fightin for his life in gym class with a coach confusing him with head fakes.

GMAFB.

So you agree with a scat fan being a troll? Does that make you a troll also? Guilty by association.

Few troll here more than you do. Did you also suffer in gym class?

Bfg76 said:
Hello,
Long time reader, recent former player, first time poster. If anybody here is on social media, then you know who I am by my username.
I just wanted to give a players perspective on some things so that we all could see what it’s like.
While I can’t speak for other programs, I can speak for this one and say that our winter conditioning program is one of the hardest single workouts I have ever been a part of that didn’t involve pads.
Every Tuesday and Thursday in February, I was up at 4:30am, on campus by 5, and on the floor ready to warm up by 5:30. God help you if you aren’t super early to everything we do.
The whole thing is only about an hour, but it feels like 3. Every single second is accounted for, and the only time you aren’t actively doing some kind of conditioning drill is when you’re waiting your turn to go again. You use that precious time to catch your breath, but it’s never more than 30 seconds at a time. They do indeed spread puke buckets out, because throwing up is common, and someone passes out at least once a year.
Pretty much every drill has to do with conditioning as well as being able to take direction and stay mentally sharp while you’re fighting for your life. E.g. jumping onto a mat and chopping your feet while a coach uses his hands to point where he wants you to roll, but he’ll also do head fakes in the other direction and stuff to try and get you to screw up. Anyone who has done that drill in winter condo knows exactly what it means to “watch the hands”. And if anyone in your group even begins to roll the wrong way, you’ll still finish the drill, but you go right back to the front of the line the whole group will go again.
They want the weak guys to quit, and anyone who survives is worthy to move on to spring ball, but the workouts themselves are brutal. When I would make my class schedule for the semester, I would intentionally make sure I had no classes on winter condo days because I had exactly enough strength to drive home and fall into bed and sleep all day.

I’m going into this in such detail because there seems to be some laughable opinions on the way things are internally done around here. I’m not naming names because I don’t know most of them, but just know these facts from someone who has actually been there and done it. Bobby Hauck is the best possible coach for this program. He is invested in his players and is the guy to develop them as football players and as respectable members of the community. He knows how to coach, and he knows who he’s coaching. It’s so much more than a coach-player dynamic, I don’t even play for him anymore and still talk to him regularly. He is a true friend, and has the utmost respect of his players, the university, and Griz Nation.
“Then why’d we finish sixth in the conference last year??”
“Couldn’t run the ball worth a damn”
“What about the arrests during his first stint?”
“This, that, and the other thing?”

Put your helmet on and go color, because I assure you there’s so much more to it than that. I have tremendous respect for so many of the moderators here and the way they run things. I think there should be a lot more Brint Wahlbergs in college sports, but it needs to be understood, again, from a players perspective, that these are kids playing a sport. Most of which are in a new environment and all we know how to do is play football. I’m not saying we’re not supposed to be criticized, but I’ve seen some horrible things said about players like Kris Brown cause he doesn’t throw a football like some people like. It’s ridiculous.

Great post BFG, keep at it.

On a GFP once the Griz made it to the postseason and fans were saying they didn't deserve it I was adamant that as a fan and someone who's never played college football - I'm not qualified to make an opinion like that for reasons like this. I don't understand the physical and mental commitment it takes to be a Grizzly football player, and I greatly appreciate those who are and were and can speak on the commitment and sacrifice these guys make every year for the sport, for the school, for themselves, and for us as fans.

SoldierGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I’d die in gym class. I’m almost 50 years old. And I only troll those that deserve it but at least I have more then one schtick. Unlike some who are just Debbie downers all the time. I like to talk stats too but last time I tried that with you, you’re response was “I’m right, you’re wrong and it’s cus I said so.”

alabamagrizzly said:
SoldierGriz said:

I’d die in gym class. I’m almost 50 years old. And I only troll those that deserve it but at least I have more then one schtick. Unlike some who are just Debbie downers all the time. I like to talk stats too but last time I tried that with you, you’re response was “I’m right, you’re wrong and it’s cus I said so.”

You are the site contrarian...you don't walk by a post without arguing something.

I'm almost 50 as well...gotta get some sleep. P.T. at 0600 for this guy.

alabamagrizzly said:
SoldierGriz said:

You should stick to your stats. Your butt wouldn’t be so sore.

mthoopsfan said:
Do 50 year olds on egriz have to do PT after getting their butts kicked so much on egriz?

This one GETS to do P.T. despite delivering said butt kickings routinely.

SoldierGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

You are the site contrarian...you don't walk by a post without arguing something.

I'm almost 50 as well...gotta get some sleep. P.T. at 0600 for this guy.

You have no idea how many posts I have to use better judgment against from being a douche to. Some people make it very hard to pass up though. I am trying to do better. EGriz made me this way.

SoldierGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Anyone up? Let's go!

I'm an older guy and just got back into the house from a icy and a little chilly 4 miles run in the dark. That count.

SoldierGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Anyone up? Let's go!

Badass Boyz: Soldier, hurry up, we’re late for being badass.
Soldier: Hold on, I have to tell eGriz that I’m a badass.
Badass Boyz: Damn, that’s so badass!
Soldier: Thanks!
*everyone takes separate Dodge Challengers to CrossFit*
[/scene]

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Nope, didn’t say that.

You are still at this bit? :lol: You must need a venn diagram to keep this sh-t straight.

Sooo, just so we are clear…..

You have a son who is a physician who works with Utah athletes (you previously said he was in the Utah athletic department)…….you have another son who is in the athletic department here, and was a former Griz player…and finally, another son with is in high school, being recruited by both the Cats and Griz.

Is this the back-story you are committing too? Careful.

Latest posts

Back