• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wazzu Transfer Mason Vinyard 6'5" 230lb Rush Linebacker

by PlayerRep » Wed May 22, 2019 6:20 pm

Nope, I talk football and facts. You talk stupid. I've thought you were an idiot for a longtime. Now, most of the rest of the board knows that.

Facts? Really? OK then, please go to Expedia or another booking agent of your choice and find the cheapest air fare prices between Missoula and LA and Missoula and Minneapolis for the week of June 15th through June 21. Expedia at the moment, and this does change, shows the LA fare at $243 and Minneapolis at $299. And yes that is round trip just to ease your fears I don't know round trip from one way although now I'm suspicious that you don't actually know the difference. So in terms of facts please explain to the board the additional costs costs in meals and lodging (and any other factors besides Baer driving around aimlessly looking for an address) that would make it so cost prohibitive to recruit in the Midwest. That;s all you have to do. By the way did you come up with an answer to the math problem I gave you earlier today. Just wondering because the difference in cost of airfare is now even cheaper.

sdk.catfish said:
by PlayerRep » Wed May 22, 2019 6:20 pm

Nope, I talk football and facts. You talk stupid. I've thought you were an idiot for a longtime. Now, most of the rest of the board knows that.

Facts? Really? OK then, please go to Expedia or another booking agent of your choice and find the cheapest air fare prices between Missoula and LA and Missoula and Minneapolis for the week of June 15th through June 21. Expedia at the moment, and this does change, shows the LA fare at $243 and Minneapolis at $299. And yes that is round trip just to ease your fears I don't know round trip from one way although now I'm suspicious that you don't actually know the difference. So in terms of facts please explain to the board the additional costs costs in meals and lodging (and any other factors besides Baer driving around aimlessly looking for an address) that would make it so cost prohibitive to recruit in the Midwest. That;s all you have to do. By the way did you come up with an answer to the math problem I gave you earlier today. Just wondering because the difference in cost of airfare is now even cheaper.

Why would any coach want to fly on a recruiting trip on June 15. June and July are quiet periods. for recruiting. Camps are held in June at UM and other schools. Recruits play football in the fall.

Man, you are so out to lunch. Let's do our "recruiting" during quiet periods to save on airfare. We can't talk to anyone or make any visits, but man the airfare is good.

It may be time to start shifting North Dakota jokes to South Dakota jokes.

PlayerRep said:
Griz don't have big bodies on o-line? See below from current roster:

6'5, 336

6'7", 318

6'6", 335

6'6", 290

6'8", 287

6'4", 301

6'3", 291

6'6", 325

6'5", 324

6'5", 305

6'3", 315

6'7", 290

6'5", 284

6'7", 321

6'5", 295

9 over 300, 15 over 284, 13 over 290, 12 6'5" or over. By contrast, NDS has 8 over 300, and 10 290 and over.

And the sdfish thinks he isn't digging a whole.

This is perfect. Now, fill in behind these with how much they lift. Then put down their shuttle runs. Most of you would shit when you seen these numbers. THEN, you are going to find out where the problems lie with this OL.

I would take all 8 of NDSU 300+ guys over anyone of ours. Hell, I would take all 18 over 290.

hubcap said:
PlayerRep said:

6'5, 336

6'7", 318

6'6", 335

6'6", 290

6'8", 287

6'4", 301

6'3", 291

6'6", 325

6'5", 324

6'5", 305

6'3", 315

6'7", 290

6'5", 284

6'7", 321

6'5", 295

9 over 300, 15 over 284, 13 over 290, 12 6'5" or over. By contrast, NDS has 8 over 300, and 10 290 and over.

This is perfect. Now, fill in behind these with how much they lift. Then put down their shuttle runs. Most of you would shit when you seen these numbers. THEN, you are going to find out where the problems lie with this OL.

I would take all 8 of NDSU 300+ guys over anyone of ours. Hell, I would take all 18 over 290.

Is there any reason anyone should care what you think on this subject?

hubcap said:
PlayerRep said:

6'5, 336

6'7", 318

6'6", 335

6'6", 290

6'8", 287

6'4", 301

6'3", 291

6'6", 325

6'5", 324

6'5", 305

6'3", 315

6'7", 290

6'5", 284

6'7", 321

6'5", 295

Two years ago when a few Griz oline guys did the proday the results were embarrassing. Their strength was a joke, as well as speed. Probably why Bobby pulled a previous offer for a Carroll linemen to come....he later went to MSU's and his numbers destroyed any the Griz had. Anyone else that needs evidence of a very "weak" bunch of 300 pounders, just rewatch most games last year and see guys being manhandled.

Ursus1 said:
hubcap said:
PlayerRep said:

6'5, 336

6'7", 318

6'6", 335

6'6", 290

6'8", 287

6'4", 301

6'3", 291

6'6", 325

6'5", 324

6'5", 305

6'3", 315

6'7", 290

6'5", 284

6'7", 321

6'5", 295

Two years ago when a few Griz oline guys did the proday the results were embarrassing. Their strength was a joke, as well as speed. Probably why Bobby pulled a previous offer for a Carroll linemen to come....he later went to MSU's and his numbers destroyed any the Griz had. Anyone else that needs evidence of a very "weak" bunch of 300 pounders, just rewatch most games last year and see guys being manhandled.

UM didn't have as many big guys last season, and the guys on the roster are heavier and stronger than they were last year.

Anyone who judges this year's team by what they think they saw last year, is not analyzing the situation correctly, in my view.

Also, there aren't 10 posters on egriz who have a clue about o-line play, again in my view.

Also note that the start of this subtopic in this thread was an assertion that UM needed to recruit in the Midwest because it didn't have many big o-lineman. That assumption of not enough big o-lineman turned out to be completely wrong. Just like much of what is posted on egriz.

PlayerRep said:
Ursus1 said:

UM didn't have as many big guys last season, and the guys on the roster are heavier and stronger than they were last year.

Anyone who judges this year's team by what they think they saw last year, is not analyzing the situation correctly, in my view.

Also, there aren't 10 posters on egriz who have a clue about o-line play, again in my view.

Also note that the start of this subtopic in this thread was an assertion that UM needed to recruit in the Midwest because it didn't have many big o-lineman. That assumption of not enough big o-lineman turned out to be completely wrong. Just like much of what is posted on egriz.
I do know a little about OL play and I watch it closely at games. It was not our strength last year, as BH inherited a program in which OL had not been a top priority. Where there was size, there was poor mobility and inadequate athleticism; pass blocking, OK, run blocking, not so much. A lot of pushing and not a lot of knocking defenders down. Worse, there was very poor depth that showed up late in games. I know for a fact that BH prioritizes OL play as high as any aspect of the game, so like PR, I am optimistic that we will see consistent improvement this year and years to come. I'm anticipating that some of the more athletic young guys will push the upperclassmen for playing time, which is what we need.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursus1 said:

I do know a little about OL play and I watch it closely at games. It was not our strength last year, as BH inherited a program in which OL had not been a top priority. Where there was size, there was poor mobility and inadequate athleticism; pass blocking, OK, run blocking, not so much. A lot of pushing and not a lot of knocking defenders down. Worse, there was very poor depth that showed up late in games. I know for a fact that BH prioritizes OL play as high as any aspect of the game, so like PR, I am optimistic that we will see consistent improvement this year and years to come. I'm anticipating that some of the more athletic young guys will push the upperclassmen for playing time, which is what we need.

Dead nuts on right here.

Given this thread is supposed to be about a “rush linebacker”, 1B in the “not our strength” category was a pass rush. They got one by sending the backers & DB’s. Desperately need a standout edge rusher or three. The other ten guys on defense would be immediately better - I know, thanks captain obvious.

hubcap said:
PlayerRep said:

6'5, 336
6'7", 318
6'6", 335
6'6", 290
6'8", 287
6'4", 301
6'3", 291
6'6", 325
6'5", 324
6'5", 305
6'3", 315
6'7", 290
6'5", 284
6'7", 321
6'5", 295

That is a retarded statement.

by AZGrizFan » Wed May 22, 2019 9:21 pm

I see he didnt’ take my advice and put down the shovel. C’est la vie.

Dammit AZ I told you yesterday there is NO HOLE. By the way there was NO COLLUSION, NO OBSTRUCTION AND NO TEMPER TANTRUM either. But especially NO HOLE.

Unless you are considering the wonderful fishing hole that e-griz is for catching suckers like the Pathetic Ranter, a species who will pretty much eat anything.

AZGrizFan said:
hubcap said:
PlayerRep said:

6'5, 336
6'7", 318
6'6", 335
6'6", 290
6'8", 287
6'4", 301
6'3", 291
6'6", 325
6'5", 324
6'5", 305
6'3", 315
6'7", 290
6'5", 284
6'7", 321
6'5", 295

That is a retarded statement.

If there is anyone here on this board that is an expert on retarded it is AZ . :shock:
Just kidding, I couldn't help myself lol

sdk.catfish said:
by AZGrizFan » Wed May 22, 2019 9:21 pm

I see he didnt’ take my advice and put down the shovel. C’est la vie.

Dammit AZ I told you yesterday there is NO HOLE. By the way there was NO COLLUSION, NO OBSTRUCTION AND NO TEMPER TANTRUM either. But especially NO HOLE.

Unless you are considering the wonderful fishing hole that e-griz is for catching suckers like the Pathetic Ranter, a species who will pretty much eat anything.

Now I’m not sure if we’re talking Rush Linebackers or Rush Limbaughers.

This was a fun read. I will say the following: Hauck has contacts here in Southern California. There are fantastic HS programs here in Southern California. So many that a lot of them are pipeline programs for great CFB programs. Some of the dudes in these programs have buddies going FBS to USC, UCLA, SDSU, Oregon, and so on, but might not personally have the skills/development at 17/18 years old get attention from those programs. I agree with Box that you recruit where you have contacts/relationships. Having a coach with said contacts cannot be a negative.

To that end, I really like a strategy of establishing and maintaining the relationships in Southern California, and perhaps steering certain recruits toward UM and away from the community college direction. I know of many guys who didn’t get FBS looks, and decided to go CC (which is also a fertile recruiting ground down here), to try to land an FBS offer that ends up being from Utah State or Texas State. Get those guys on board with the fact that they can play for a program with our resources, facilities, development, exposure, and placement instead of taking a flyer on a year at Mount SAC to chase becoming a lost letterman at an obscure FBS program, and maybe we can get a stew going.

Edit: Just to add that I’ve never recruited a single CFB player, and generally have no idea about how any part of this works.

rocklobster said:
AZDoc said:
Griz til I die said:
EverettGriz said:
This is a helluva thread.
Mason Vinyards a total afterthought now :lol:

Who?
No, what! It’s a fine “Vinyard” in Washington where the make an incredible merlot! It has a fleshiness in flavor to it (real wine terminology, btw.)

I prefer my wines made of barley "Peaty" "Smokey" and from the Isle of Islay. ;)

rocklobster said:
AZDoc said:
Griz til I die said:
EverettGriz said:
This is a helluva thread.
Mason Vinyards a total afterthought now :lol:

Who?
No, what! It’s a fine “Vinyard” in Washington where the make an incredible merlot! It has a fleshiness in flavor to it (real wine terminology, btw.)

I believe they specialize in bulky, meaty merlots that excel in the stand-up rushing DE...

Back