• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2019 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

Hey VIM, any word on the young kid at Helena High? He will be a sophomore starter at QB next year I believe. Heard he's going to be a legit prospect.

The Final Top 50 will be unveiled in five parts from January 7th-11th. Monday, the 7th will be #50-41, the next day will be the next 10 and that process will continue until that Friday. I'm currently writing quick notes on each prospect. This has been the hardest class to rank top to bottom just because the talent disparity is not very clear. As usual, this list is simply for my enjoyment and to inform others of what I think. Nothing more, nothing less. If a kid doesn't make the list, is ranked too high, or ranked too low, please keep the comments as positive as possible. I have had to improve on this myself over the years as they are just kids and I'm a moron behind a keyboard. Anyway, will be interesting to see where some of these kids go.

Also, there are several kids not even in my Top 50 who have received a good amount of recruitment from the Cats and the Griz. Those names will show up either in a week (the 19th) or on National Signing Day on February 6, 2019.

MTGRZ said:
Hey VIM, any word on the young kid at Helena High? He will be a sophomore starter at QB next year I believe. Heard he's going to be a legit prospect.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. That is three recruiting cycles away when including this current one.

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Saw Carson Rostad, QB out of Hamilton was MT Gatorade POTY. Very impressive stats and looks like he’s got great abilities. Are the Griz or Cats already after this kid for a QB?

Should be.

Followed up on this and got back a lot of "ya think?!" and "duh" responses. He is obviously the top dude next year.

VimSince03 said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Saw Carson Rostad, QB out of Hamilton was MT Gatorade POTY. Very impressive stats and looks like he’s got great abilities. Are the Griz or Cats already after this kid for a QB?

Should be.

Followed up on this and got back a lot of "ya think?!" and "duh" responses. He is obviously the top dude next year.

I guess I meant “does he already have offers from both....as a Junior?” Thanks for circling back!

HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Should be.

I guess I meant “does he already have offers from both....as a Junior?” Thanks for circling back!

Not quite sure how early these coaching staffs offer in-state kids. But if you are a coaching staff that wants to recruit a QB each year, how does Carson not automatically check the box even when compared to out-of-staters? Put it this way, if he hasn't already he will likely be the first kid offered by both schools for next year's in-state recruiting cycle.

Vim,

I’m wondering if you have any insight on Levi Malcolm, the left tackle for Billings West?

6’5”, 270 and a state champion wrestler. Was told he played very well this year, but does not seem to be on any recruiting radars anywhere.

VimSince03 said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Should be.

I know the Griz are

Scats just offered 2020 recruit Jaxon Lee from Drummond, I don’t know how early is to early but I would think we would have offers out to the top guys in Montana for 2020 but don’t know for sure.

grizfan1984 said:
Scats just offered 2020 recruit Jaxon Lee from Drummond, I don’t know how early is to early but I would think we would have offers out to the top guys in Montana for 2020 but don’t know for sure.

Someone might want to get in a car and drive to Drummond (JUST DOWN THE ROAD!) and talk turkey with this kid. BJ Robertson was at the school yesturday and offered him.

grizaremoregooder said:
grizfan1984 said:

Someone might want to get in a car and drive to Drummond (JUST DOWN THE ROAD!) and talk turkey with this kid. BJ Robertson was at the school yesturday and offered him.

Pretty sure he is a Griz fan or from what I’ve heard he was in attendance at all the home games last year.

grizaremoregooder said:
grizfan1984 said:

He also was on the sidelines of several Cat games this year. However, if Bobby wants the kid, it may just take an equal offer.

grizaremoregooder said:
grizfan1984 said:

I hope the Griz coaches are better with their directions and keep going to Philipsburg to give Jaxon his offer....

https://twitter.com/MonTechFootball/status/1073708911511855104

So obviously I had Alaric fairly high in my preseason poll. His recruitment never really took off with UM or MSU despite his obvious phyisical traits on the DL. However, glad he gets to go to a great NAIA program to continue his education and football career. Chuck also brings back Top 20 player Carson Shuman from last year's class to join the MT Tech crew. Carson was a PWO at Washington State last year but will probably get way more playing time early at Tech.

Mo$$ said:
grizaremoregooder said:
grizfan1984 said:

I hope the Griz coaches are better with their directions and keep going to Philipsburg to give Jaxon his offer....
Good point! I always call Flint Creek Drummond. GO TO PHILIPSBURG!

VimSince03 said:

So obviously I had Alaric fairly high in my preseason poll. His recruitment never really took off with UM or MSU despite his obvious phyisical traits on the DL. However, glad he gets to go to a great NAIA program to continue his education and football career. Chuck also brings back Top 20 player Carson Shuman from last year's class to join the MT Tech crew. Carson was a PWO at Washington State last year but will probably get way more playing time early at Tech.

Weren’t we after Shuman hard last year? Wonder why he went straight down to Tech, given our immediate need on both sides of the line.

AZGrizFan said:
VimSince03 said:

Weren’t we after Shuman hard last year? Wonder why he went straight down to Tech, given our immediate need on both sides of the line.

We didn’t offer money only a PWO.

https://twitter.com/CoachMorrellMT/status/1074466172022579201

Looks like Charlo's Landers Smith is going to Tech. I thought he was was FCS material at LB good pick up for them.

VimSince03 said:
grizaremoregooder said:
grizfan1984 said:

He also was on the sidelines of several Cat games this year. However, if Bobby wants the kid, it may just take an equal offer.

Indeed. :thumb:
I challenge anyone to find a better stat line from a modern, state championship game.
http://406mtsports.com/high-school...le_6ad77f0f-c835-5d54-99b4-ca338f54a7f5.html
It was like watching a video game. 346, 4TDs, 4picks. They even missed a few stats—he had an on sides kick! Made the UM recruit in that game look...well I’ll just bite my 👅.

Jax has Lazetich blood pumping thru his veins, and he’s on track to be a 3-time state champ and follow in the footsteps of another legend from Granite county, but for some double-crazy reason, Hauck is not showing Jax the love he’s getting from the cats. I swear god is punishing me for years of trash talking the cats.

Back