• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UNDSU: Afraid to Play at Montana?

They’re not afraid. Man, talk about bored on EGriz. Come on! They’re the most dominant 1AA program ever! We would be, but didn’t get all of the National Championships. What do they have to be afraid of? It would be a great game to get them here again, but they can go to Kansas State or Minnesota or Iowa and get a nice check and win there. So could we right now. They’re not chicken! They are ugly and eat lots of hot dish and snicker salad though; and they talk funny.

Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:
footballdood said:
What NDSU have to gain by playing Montana?

Three words: Ex posure.

I’ll bite.

What are you talking about?

They have won 7 of the last 8 National Championships, they have all the exposure they need. In the FCS world it doesn’t get any bigger than what they are right now.

There is no exposure to be gained by playing the griz. I’m not saying they shouldn’t play the griz, I just don’t think exposure for them is a strong argument as to why they should.

Exposure for the griz? Absolutely. If they played and the griz competed with or knocked them off again, that’d be great exposure for the griz.

Classic fear of the unknown. They might get on ESPN again by playing the Griz, but are too afraid of the optics.

Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:
footballdood said:

I’ll bite.

They have won 7 of the last 8 National Championships, they have all the exposure they need. In the FCS world it doesn’t get any bigger than what they are right now.

There is no exposure to be gained by playing the griz. I’m not saying they shouldn’t play the griz, I just don’t think exposure for them is a strong argument as to why they should.

Exposure for the griz? Absolutely. If they played and the griz competed with or knocked them off again, that’d be great exposure for the griz.

They've played like 3 games in a pizza pie soccer stadium in an Oklahoma town no one has ever heard of with KO at 7:00 am on ESPN9 watched by 6,421 people, most of whom tuned in looking for the Christian Broadcasting Network.

They played one mid-afternoon game in the MECCA of college football on ESPN, with their top announcer crew, watched by tens of millions. That game gave undsu all the exposure they
could ever want. Why they don't want a repeat of that is beyond imagination.

EverettGriz said:
Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:
footballdood said:

I’ll bite.

They've played like 3 games in a pizza pie soccer stadium in an Oklahoma town no one has ever heard of with KO at 7:00 am on ESPN9 watched by 6,421 people, most of whom tuned in looking for the Christian Broadcasting Network.

They played one mid-afternoon game in the MECCA of college football on ESPN, with their top announcer crew, watched by tens of millions. That game gave undsu all the exposure they

:clap:
That’s the long and short of it, right there. They can either toaster-stream a game to dozens in a 12-mile radius, or play on the main stage before millions, and they choose the former out of fear. Cowards.

1981Griz said:
Off topic, what does the U before North Dakota State University stand for?

Somebody made a joke by putting the U at the beginning. I personally think its stupid! :roll:

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I’ll bite.

That’s the long and short of it, right there. They can either toaster-stream a game to dozens in a 12-mile radius, or play on the main stage before millions, and they choose the former out of fear. Cowards.

Nailed it. The team that has gone an a run that has never been seen before at this level and is the class of the FCS by a long shot, is made up of a bunch of cowards...

So this extra exposure that they’ll gain by playing the griz will help them land those top recruits they’ve been missing out on all these years? It’ll help get their name out there to those 10 people that are unaware who’s won 7 of the last 8 national championships?
Got it.

I hate coming off sounding like I’m a Bison fan, I’m certainly not and I’m as tired as anyone of seeing them dominate the FCS, but this idea that they have so much to gain by playing the griz is comical. If this was the griz of the 2000’s, then absolutely. But the griz haven’t been relevant for the better part of 10 years now. I know that comment will get some people worked up, but it’s true. And before it turns into a Cat vs Griz thing, I’m well aware the Cats haven’t really been relevant in about the same time frame and the Cats didn’t experience a run like the griz did in the late 90’s and 2000’s.

Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Catsrgrood said:
I’ll bite.

Nailed it. The team that has gone an a run that has never been seen before at this level and is the class of the FCS by a long shot, is made up of a bunch of cowards...

So this extra exposure that they’ll gain by playing the griz will help them land those top recruits they’ve been missing out on all these years? It’ll help get their name out there to those 10 people that are unaware who’s won 7 of the last 8 national championships?
Got it.

I hate coming off sounding like I’m a Bison fan, I’m certainly not and I’m as tired as anyone of seeing them dominate the FCS, but this idea that they have so much to gain by playing the griz is comical. If this was the griz of the 2000’s, then absolutely. But the griz haven’t been relevant for the better part of 10 years now. I know that comment will get some people worked up, but it’s true. And before it turns into a Cat vs Griz thing, I’m well aware the Cats haven’t really been relevant in about the same time frame and the Cats didn’t experience a run like the griz did in the late 90’s and 2000’s.

I’m confused. I was with you in the first two paragraphs, but then you did a 180 in the third. ???

The bisons would beat Alabama by four touchdowns. There is no one left for them to play, except maybe Green Bay. But the NCAA would frown on that for sure.

1981Griz said:
Off topic, what does the U before North Dakota State University stand for?

They originally had the first U when they were the south satellite campus of UND before branching off. Some prefer to still use the first U to honor the history. Some dullards/normies personally think it’s stupid because they think they know more than they do.

mtgrizrule said:
At this stage, I think it is more about strategy within the FCS than it is being afraid.
Right now, NDSU is THE FCS program. They know damn well, with Hauck back at Montana, the GRIZ are 1 of the few FCS programs that can threaten them, with time.

Think about it, if Montana beats them, it gains Montana recruiting interest.
A Montana/NDSU early season game would definitely be aired on 1 of the ESPN networks.
The Montana game environment would create even more recruiting interest.
These kind of factors could, and likely would give Montana threshold into the Midwest/Central USA, which is where NDSU dominates in recruiting.

Why would NDSU want to help Montana or any other top tier FCS program in building their program? NDSU has more to lose, than to gain by doing more home and home games against Montana. Plus, they cannot afford to pay Montana the 600k plus for the GRIZ to just play there.

In my opinion, the GRIZ have to get back to the top of the FCS, without NDSU's help. Montana has to earn the opportunity to knock them off in the FCS playoffs. I think, NDSU is being vey smart in not scheduling Montana in the regular season.

So the Bizons won’t play Montana because of what could happen if they lost, but they aren’t afraid, right?

Some of you have never attempted a “shot across the bow”...
And it shows.

I, for one, love where this is going.

CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

Got it.

I’m confused. I was with you in the first two paragraphs, but then you did a 180 in the third. ???

What I meant is if the griz were still the program and team they were in the 2000’s, then it’d be a no brainer for NDSU to schedule them, for exposure. But they’re not. They haven’t been nationally relevant for a while, so there isn’t a ton of exposure for NDSU to gain by scheduling them.

I threw the Cat part in there because I figured it was imminent that someone got upset about my comment about the griz and call out the Cats for not being relevant either. And that’s no where near the point of my argument.

Again, not saying they shouldn’t schedule, just saying that using exposure as the argument for why they should is a weak argument and doesn’t have merit.

That game was not on ESPN because of Montana (maybe because of the atmosphere). It was because of NDSU's run and a guy named Carson Wentz. I have never seen so many NFL polos walking around Washington-Griz in my life.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizpsych said:
Honestly, though I have no idea what the thoughts are in Fargo, but ask yourself. What good can come from them playing us? This is the same as a mid G5 team.

Two words: Exposure.

Exposure? For us. They get the same or more exposure scheduling an FBS opponent versus us. (And, it's only the same exposure if the game is a week 0 game on ESPN.) However, if they lose to an FBS opponent, oh well. If they lose to us, that is a big deal.

DuCharme said:
Some of you have never attempted a “shot across the bow”...
And it shows.

I, for one, love where this is going.

I think some people here need to take about a billion laps.

Latest posts

Back