• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Transgender Debate

tourist said:
It was changed in the DSM - V, to not stigmatize them. PC at work. So, let's not paraphrase the APA unless YOU are prepared to expose YOUR ignorance, Dipper.

HHB, AZ summarized it nicely with XX and XY. You are as you were born.

Apologies if this has already been brought up, but there are folks who are legitimately born with both parts. So is the answer " too bad, you don't get to compete in athletics at all because that's how you were born and those were the cards you were dealt?"

What is the category for those? Or do those that are born with both parts still either xx and xy? I'm not a scientist, nor did I stay at a holiday inn express, nor did I play one on tv.

This is a very serious challenger and could take down the champ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk

And originally released as a single in October 1981! That might seal it

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
Not going to search.. but certainly womens records are beginning to disappear.

And, would certainly suck if a young women lost a state championship to a young man...that HAS certainly happened. Imagine her visualizing herself on top of the podium...committing hundreds of hours...sacrificing time in the summer and off season to train...ugh. That alone is enough for me to see the unfairness...even if its not common...yet.

Maybe that has happened. Do you have any examples? Did the loss cost the second placer a college opportunity? I honestly don’t know, and I don’t think anyone does, so I’m not calling you out or anything.

Also, the girl who visualizes herself atop the podium, and puts in all that time and sacrifice, isn’t losing to someone who hasn’t done the same or more.

No. The young man who beats a young woman is a young man...

If I wanted to transition right now, I would NOT lose a single wrestling match to a woman at any age at any weight. Not one...regardless of hormone adjustments etc.

Young men transitioning DO NOT have to outwork young women, they just don't.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/connecticut-transgender-policy-found-to-violate-title-ix/2278511/

15 combined indoor and outdoor state championships by young men over young women...

Garizzalies, the greatest duet of all time is “W.A.P.” by Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion. It’s the most loved, most hated, most talked about, most viewed, most listened-to duet in history. Would I be a proud father? Probably not (with apologies to Mr. B and Mr. Thee Stallion). Alas, the video involved a Jenner, which keeps it on-topic here.

That’s how you do it. That is how you post.

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Maybe that has happened. Do you have any examples? Did the loss cost the second placer a college opportunity? I honestly don’t know, and I don’t think anyone does, so I’m not calling you out or anything.

Also, the girl who visualizes herself atop the podium, and puts in all that time and sacrifice, isn’t losing to someone who hasn’t done the same or more.

If I wanted to transition right now, I would NOT lose a single wrestling match to a woman at any age at any weight. Not one...regardless of hormone adjustments etc.

Oh, I didn’t know that was a fact. Thanks.

Edit: Damn, tho, sounds like you could make some bank! Gold medals, glory, etc. You should do it!

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:

Edit: Damn, tho, sounds like you could make some bank! Gold medals, glory, etc. You should do it!

Ha ha...truth be told, I'd prob pull a hammy in the 1st 10 seconds and injury default.

Ursa Major said:
tourist said:
Transitioning. :roll:
You are what you are at birth. Think you are a woman 'trapped' in a man's body, then live your life any way you want, but your equipment package is what it is. This 'transgendered' shit is just PC double talk for a mental disorder. This is just politically motivated bullshit to lend some imagined sense of right to guys competing against women. Orwellian Doublespeak. All ya gotta do to prove otherwise is have a baby, dude, then I could change my mind.

Being transgendered is not a “mental disorder’ according to the APA. Stop volunteering ignorance.

This may be the best, most concise piece of advice I've ever read on eGriz.

Way to pull out, I mean through.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hsm4poTWjMs

Looks like the only decade we’re missing is a representative from the 90s. Come on egriz, whatcha got?

garizzalies said:

Looks like the only decade we’re missing is a representative from the 90s. Come on egriz, whatcha got?

It reminds me of a heavy night of drinking
with EG back in the early 90’s at the RKCNDY in Seattle. I was hired as his chauffeur that night but I subbed out the job and joined him at the bar. I remember clearly some long haired loser band guy trying to cut in front of EG at the bar for a drink and the bartender saying, “Fuck off Vedder, I’m serving a pro.”

I’m not sure of the name of the band but during one of their sets they played a duet about stealing bread. It was great.

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:

there was a good south park that brought up this issue. it was not politically correct, as always.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
That’s because there are only TWO classifications. You’re either XX or XY. That’s pretty simple. compete against the same chromosome mix. Real easy way to divide.

Like any female that is transitioning?

I dont’ know? Does taking hormones change your chromosome makeup?

Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:

with EG back in the early 90’s at the RKCNDY in Seattle. I was hired as his chauffeur that night but I subbed out the job and joined him at the bar. I remember clearly some long haired loser band guy trying to cut in front of EG at the bar for a drink and the bartender saying, “Fuck off Vedder, I’m serving a pro.”

I’m not sure of the name of the band but during one of their sets they played a duet about stealing bread. It was great.

Hmmm. I might know this one. Were they pro stealing bread, or anti? Or were they just kind of indifferent about it, like "Meh, I don't mind it"? In any case, I hope the manager at RKCNDY comped them some wings or something during break, because they were probably soon to be hungry.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Hmmm. I might know this one. Were they pro stealing bread, or anti? Or were they just kind of indifferent about it, like "Meh, I don't mind it"? In any case, I hope the manager at RKCNDY comped them some wings or something during break, because they were probably soon to be hungry.

Good question, CDA. I honestly don’t remember much about that night after EG told the bartender to “hit ‘em wall-to-wall with a triple shot of tequila, I’m buying”.

Although, the way that band member looked after being rebuffed by the bartender, I doubt he would accept any free food. He looked like the kind of guy that would go on a hunger strike.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Good question, CDA. I honestly don’t remember much about that night after EG told the bartender to “hit ‘em wall-to-wall with a triple shot of tequila, I’m buying”.

Although, the way that band member looked after being rebuffed by the bartender, I doubt he would accept any free food. He looked like the kind of guy that would go on a hunger strike.

Got it. That is so EG, that dog. His body has never been a temple.
And now I have no idea who the band was. Sounds like a fun night though. Let us know if you think of the band name.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VUb450Alpps

Wonderful!
Just like their weed, I don’t think EG has any tolerance for dirty hippies.

I may have made a mistake—I don’t think we actually have an entry from the 2000s. So we are not done yet. Not by a long shot

I didn’t go through all the comments so forgive me if it was mentioned before….
I can tell that all the geneticists have been at work on this board but it’s not as simple as xx and xy. There are xxy and xyy and others permutations and combinations. Hermaphroditism and chimeras. Individuals are born with missing genetic “pieces” and extra pieces in the wrong places.
I still haven’t heard or read about the tremendous problem this is. So pervasive in society that all these transgender people have run amok collecting medals and accolades. They’re everywhere, they’re everywhere!!
Looks to me like a good republican- creative solutions to nonexistent problems!!

garizzalies said:
Wonderful!
Just like their weed, I don’t think EG has any tolerance for dirty hippies.

I may have made a mistake—I don’t think we actually have an entry from the 2000s. So we are not done yet. Not by a long shot

Wait, I know all "well actually" nerds will say weird shit about which decade is which, but the timeless W.A.P. was released in 2020. Do we need the 2010s as well?

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Got it. That is so EG, that dog. His body has never been a temple.
And now I have no idea who the band was. Sounds like a fun night though. Let us know if you think of the band name.

The reason you clowns can't recall the name of the band is that they sucked, and there's no way they amounted to anything. Ursa drank far too much that night. He went on and on about how good they were. But they didn't have anything approaching an even flow. They were nothingman.

Also, that night at RKCNDY was as close as Ursa and I ever got to Yale.

Back