• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Transfer Portal - 45 Day Window

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
RoseyMustGo said:
We have great examples of that in the Big Sky. Idaho is certainly one. But Troy Taylor at Sac. State took a middle-of-the pack conference team in 2018, and immediately won the conference. He held his team out of play during the Covid years, but came back in 2021 and 2022 and won two more conference championships. And he accomplished this with a high school type stadium, and a fan base of about 4000/game.

So, we give Hauck, with the best facilities in all of FCS football, a huge fan base, 23,000 fans on Saturdays, an open checkbook and an endless time frame, and he can achieve no better than a third-place finish in the conference, and trending down (6th place in 2022) after 5 years on the job. Something is wrong with this picture.

Just to inform everyone, sacs fan support is up with its wins, and they averaged 15k per game this year. So the narrative that they have no fans is patently false at this point.

Sac had over 23,000 for its last game. Some posters just go with their narrative regardless of the facts.

mthoopsfan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Just to inform everyone, sacs fan support is up with its wins, and they averaged 15k per game this year. So the narrative that they have no fans is patently false at this point.

Sac had over 23,000 for its last game. Some positives just go with their narrative regardless of the facts.

I saw that. They had a program high attendance record. While I think some of that had to do with them playing their crosstown rival it’s still damn impressive. The program is definitely changing before our eyes

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
mthoopsfan said:
Sac had over 23,000 for its last game. Some positives just go with their narrative regardless of the facts.

I saw that. They had a program high attendance record. While I think some of that had to do with them playing their crosstown rival it’s still damn impressive. The program is definitely changing before our eyes

Yes it is. They better throw the bank at Taylor or he won’t be there much longer. Dude is for real. :clap: :clap:

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Yes it is. They better throw the bank at Taylor or he won’t be there much longer. Dude is for real. :clap: :clap:

He really is. And his supporting staff is legit. Really chaps my ass that they’ve got Paulson and Thompson. Wish we had em here. Love sacks though

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

He really is. And his supporting staff is legit. Really chaps my ass that they’ve got Paulson and Thompson. Wish we had em here. Love sacks though

UM should throw the bank at Thompson and get him here as our next DC/future HC.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Agreed

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Ding ding ding ding. Haslam should be pushing for this very hard right now.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

I’d love that, but could we lure him away from a successful stint at sac for a lateral move? I have my doubts. Especially since staying at sac he might have a decent shot at a DC gig at a big program following Taylor if/when Taylor gets a job offer. Honestly I’m surprised Colorado isnt calling.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’d love that, but could we lure him away from a successful stint at sac for a lateral move? I have my doubts. Especially since staying at sac he might have a decent shot at a DC gig at a big program following Taylor if/when Taylor gets a job offer. Honestly I’m surprised Colorado isnt calling.

Give him DC/Asst HC title, pay him more. He’s a Griz, he needs to be here not beating us like a rented mule every year.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Give him DC/Asst HC title, pay him more. He’s a Griz, he needs to be here not beating us like a rented mule every year.

Agreed.

mthoopsfan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Sac had over 23,000 for its last game. Some posters just go with their narrative regardless of the facts.

That is what winning accomplishes. And the loss of fans in the seats is what losing accomplishes. Our basketball program is an example of that.

mthoopsfan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

You don't have to lie to feed your psychosis. According to the Sac. State athletic department, their largest crowd was 20,993 in 2019.

https://hornetsports.com/facilities/hornet-stadium/1

RoseyMustGo said:
mthoopsfan said:

You don't have to lie to feed your psychosis. According to the Sac. State athletic department, their largest crowd was 20,993 in 2019.

That was until last weekend.

https://twitter.com/sachornetsfb/status/1594178740929454081?s=46&t=jHo8Wj2yXk2JxMcwl1r7dA

RoseyMustGo said:
mthoopsfan said:

You need to do your homework. Don't ever challenge me on facts, without doing your homework. I will chew you up and spit you out.

Feel free to apologize. You are a total idiot.

I will say versus the Griz I think they announced 21k. It sure didn’t seem like even close to that though. I would’ve guessed around 14k.

BDizzle said:
I will say versus the Griz I think they announced 21k. It sure didn’t seem like even close to that though. I would’ve guessed around 14k.

The Thanksgiving weekend almost never gets a good crowd, but those crowds are usually surprisingly loud (as you know). I don't think the very late start helps either. Some of us go to bed at 8pm and are now more Scottsdale Tough than Montana tough.

mthoopsfan said:
BDizzle said:

The Thanksgiving weekend almost never gets a good crowd, but those crowds are usually surprisingly loud (as you know). I don't think the very late start helps either. Some of us go to bed at 8pm and are now more Scottsdale Tough than Montana tough.

Sorry I meant when the Griz played at Sac they announced 21k but I think it was closer to 14k.

Hoops you’re a bigger idiot than most of the guys on this site think you are if you wouldn’t trade Bobby and his staff for Troy Taylor and his guys.

Oldschoolhornet said:
Hoops you’re a bigger idiot than most of the guys on this site think you are if you wouldn’t trade Bobby and his staff for Troy Taylor and his guys.

How many playoff games has Taylor won at SS?

Do you think SS beats the Griz if they have their no. 1 qb? If the sideline call is correct? If you do, you are a total idiot. Not one Griz fan would agree with you, nor would most SS fans, nor would the SS staff.

Get back to us if SS ever wins a playoff game.

mthoopsfan said:
Oldschoolhornet said:

How many playoff games has Taylor won at SS?

Do you think SS beats the Griz if they have their no. 1 qb? If the sideline call is correct? If you do, you are a total idiot. Not one Griz fan would agree with you, nor would most SS fans, nor would the SS staff.

Get back to us if SS ever wins a playoff game.

He has the exact same # of NC’s as the Griz. 3 more BSC championships. 3-0 against the Griz. You know, the kind of performance we were sold that Bobby would bring to the table.

Latest posts

Back