• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Summit League will be calling

kemajic said:
kemajic said:
UND should post his theories on the Bball forum; the Summit is not even on a football map.

The next move for the BSC is to expand and split north/south into two separate conferences of 8 or 9 teams each, which can then schedule each other for OOC games. The current hurdles are to convince NMS to join and to convince the NCAA to provide another playoff autobid. BH has been quoted that he believes this will happen sooner rather than later. It is believed this would reduce travel costs and improve rivalry interest and intensity.

With the CA football only members, this might be a football only split.
BSC: UM, MSU, UI, ISU, EWU, CWU, PSU, Weber
New Conf.: UCD, SacSt, CPSLO, UNC, NAU, NMS, DixieSt, SUU

Yep. :thumb: :thumb:

UNDfan said:
BornGrizz said:
It's an interesting idea but we are too different culturally. Ultimately that's why UND wasn't a good fit, there's too many differences with western/northwestern schools. I originally didn't think that was such a big deal since we're all agricultural and rural. Then I went to school at UND for grad school and there's a lot of cultural difference. East of the Montana line is midwestern, the Big Sky is western. That's the way it is.
Lived near Idaho State for a few years. Couldn’t believe how little people cared there, but there is so little fan enthusiasm around Pocatello. It’s all about BYU, Utah and Boise St.

Montana has enthusiasm for its schools, and that makes a fit. The Big Sky is pretty pathetic academically, and that makes even a better fit for the Presidents.

Arizona and California are so different culturally from even Missoula, but the fans here get violent if there is a breakup.

EWU would be good travel partner for Idaho and Augustana a travel partner for SDSU. USD and Omaha are like the distance to Kalispell in Lewis and Clark miles.

Arizona and California are much closer culturally to Montana, et al than the farm boys. Rocky Mountain States look west. Maybe you should try for Manitoba and Sask - much better fits for the Dakotas.

SaskGriz said:
UNDfan said:
Lived near Idaho State for a few years. Couldn’t believe how little people cared there, but there is so little fan enthusiasm around Pocatello. It’s all about BYU, Utah and Boise St.
This post is fake, one can't live NEAR Pocatello as there is nothing near Pocatello. The people care so little there because they are all on hold with U-Haul or Fed-Ex.
[/quote]

Sask don't believe you. I tend to believe whatever I am told. Naïve as hell, granted. UND, tell me about your time 'near Idaho State for a few years.' Tell me about the town, the area, the people. Where are the high schools in relation to landmarks, businesses. Tell me about the weather. Tell me about the two industrial plants just west of town(by name and product). Where's the airport? Give me a verbal tour of Pocatello, start and finish where you like, but be precise. Give me a tour of the ISU campus, same precision, please. Where do I get a drivers license, and where is it in relation to the ISU campus? Name the hospital on the ISU campus, and what is just to the west of that building? Tell me about Holt Arena(just an open ended talk, your details). Where is the mall, and what is its name, and anchor stores? Is Lowe's in Pocatello or Chubbuck? Where is the Transit Bus system headquartered? What do they call the older area of downtown Pocatello? Where is the police station, or sheriffs office? Where is the town dump?
These are the kind of questions a resident could answer without hesitation, especially a resident who spent years there. I lived there, recently, for over a decade, so I'll know if you tell the truth or not. Include other descriptive material as you deem appropriate. You don't have to post your answer here, you can PM me, your preference. I'll simply post that I believe you lived in Pokey a few years, or I don't believe you. A knowledgeable poster would be able to post a detailed reply within an hour of reading this.
Sorry, Sask, one CAN live near Pocatello, and I know it. 250,000 people live within 50 miles of Pokey.

SaskGriz said:
This post is fake, one can't live NEAR Pocatello as there is nothing near Pocatello. The people care so little there because they are all on hold with U-Haul or Fed-Ex.

In the original post he mentions Augustana College, private Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran school. I'm picturing a bunch of up-standing blondes who smell vaguely of herring. The Summit will also have Omaha, star player Marlin Perkins. And Denver, who were 40 years ago a top notch hockey school.

In terms of football, Augustana are Div 2, Omaha doesn't have a football team, Denver hasn't had a football team in over 55 years.

There's trolling and then there's this nonsense. Montana has a better chance of joining the long defunct World League of American Football than this meth induced psychoses of horse crap.

Hey, my uncle played o-line for them in the late 40's. After graduation and a stint in the military overseas, he returned to the Midwest and became head hog buyer for a major meat packing (as they used to be called) plant. The only time you might find herring near him is if it was served on Spam.

kemajic said:
kemajic said:
UND should post his theories on the Bball forum; the Summit is not even on a football map.

The next move for the BSC is to expand and split north/south into two separate conferences of 8 or 9 teams each, which can then schedule each other for OOC games. The current hurdles are to convince NMS to join and to convince the NCAA to provide another playoff autobid. BH has been quoted that he believes this will happen sooner rather than later. It is believed this would reduce travel costs and improve rivalry interest and intensity.

With the CA football only members, this might be a football only split.
BSC: UM, MSU, UI, ISU, EWU, CWU, PSU, Weber
New Conf.: UCD, SacSt, CPSLO, UNC, NAU, NMS, DixieSt, SUU

I like the looks of this - of course I'll believe it if it ever comes to fruition because Big Sky Conference "leadership."

dbackjon said:
UNDfan said:
BornGrizz said:
It's an interesting idea but we are too different culturally. Ultimately that's why UND wasn't a good fit, there's too many differences with western/northwestern schools. I originally didn't think that was such a big deal since we're all agricultural and rural. Then I went to school at UND for grad school and there's a lot of cultural difference. East of the Montana line is midwestern, the Big Sky is western. That's the way it is.

Montana has enthusiasm for its schools, and that makes a fit. The Big Sky is pretty pathetic academically, and that makes even a better fit for the Presidents.

Arizona and California are so different culturally from even Missoula, but the fans here get violent if there is a breakup.

EWU would be good travel partner for Idaho and Augustana a travel partner for SDSU. USD and Omaha are like the distance to Kalispell in Lewis and Clark miles.

Arizona and California are much closer culturally to Montana, et al than the farm boys. Rocky Mountain States look west. Maybe you should try for Manitoba and Sask - much better fits for the Dakotas.

Dbackjon is such a loser but a gem of one. He thinks arguing on a griz message board will change Bodnar's mind. But that is his only agenda because NAU does not have athletic allies except SUU and Dixie St.

Ariz and the west coast will get thousands of fans lining up for an MLS game. Don't see that happening in Montana, although Missoula has its share of stoners.

tourist said:
SaskGriz said:
UNDfan said:

Sask don't believe you. I tend to believe whatever I am told. Naïve as hell, granted. UND, tell me about your time 'near Idaho State for a few years.' Tell me about the town, the area, the people. Where are the high schools in relation to landmarks, businesses. Tell me about the weather. Tell me about the two industrial plants just west of town(by name and product). Where's the airport? Give me a verbal tour of Pocatello, start and finish where you like, but be precise. Give me a tour of the ISU campus, same precision, please. Where do I get a drivers license, and where is it in relation to the ISU campus? Name the hospital on the ISU campus, and what is just to the west of that building? Tell me about Holt Arena(just an open ended talk, your details). Where is the mall, and what is its name, and anchor stores? Is Lowe's in Pocatello or Chubbuck? Where is the Transit Bus system headquartered? What do they call the older area of downtown Pocatello? Where is the police station, or sheriffs office? Where is the town dump?
These are the kind of questions a resident could answer without hesitation, especially a resident who spent years there. I lived there, recently, for over a decade, so I'll know if you tell the truth or not. Include other descriptive material as you deem appropriate. You don't have to post your answer here, you can PM me, your preference. I'll simply post that I believe you lived in Pokey a few years, or I don't believe you. A knowledgeable poster would be able to post a detailed reply within an hour of reading this.
Sorry, Sask, one CAN live near Pocatello, and I know it. 250,000 people live within 50 miles of Pokey.
[/quote]

It's obvious that you boys know nothing about the geography of the Upper Snake River Valley or the Portneuf Valley. This was before Lowes expanded nationally.

Pokey HS vs Highlands HS trumped anything ISU.

UNDfan said:
dbackjon said:
UNDfan said:
BornGrizz said:

Dbackjon is such a loser but a gem of one. He thinks arguing on a griz message board will change Bodnar's mind. But that is his only agenda because NAU does not have athletic allies except SUU and Dixie St.

Ariz and the west coast will get thousands of fans lining up for an MLS game. Don't see that happening in Montana, although Missoula has its share of stoners.

Like you posting on a Griz message board will make your GNC pipedream a reality :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dbackjon said:
UNDfan said:
dbackjon said:
UNDfan said:

Like you posting on a Griz message board will make your GNC pipedream a reality :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Out of courtesy. This is so obviously is happening. UND is the glue that makes it stick.

It was agreed to years ago by all parties except those that got left behind ( NAU, Idaho St, N Col, Port St etc).

Continue, continue, UND, I know the area. You have used the name 'Lowes' once. You answer questions like a politician. All talk and no substance. Tell us about your Pokey experience. There are 15 or so concrete examples I have suggested to show you actually lived in the area. Good observation about Pokey and Highland(not Highlands). Where is each school located. What is the third high school, where is it, and the mascot is________?

tourist said:
Continue, continue, UND, I know the area. You have used the name 'Lowes' once. You answer questions like a politician. All talk and no substance. Tell us about your Pokey experience. There are 15 or so concrete examples I have suggested to show you actually lived in the area.

Said I lived near, not in. Near could be sixty miles.

Reading is not a strong point of yours.

UNDfan said:
Out of courtesy. This is so obviously is happening. UND is the glue that makes it stick.

It was agreed to years ago by all parties except those that got left behind ( NAU, Idaho St, N Col, Port St etc).

We should be honored to have the one person that has the real story and the balls enough to post about it. Out of all the schools and thousands of employees,boosters, and reporters, you stand alone.

UNDfan said:
Guess these Griz fans went to such a bad school in logic solving, they don’t even recognize an opportunity when it slaps them in the face.

I noticed you didn't say anything about it being a better opportunity...

Unfortunately, the truth is not YOUR strong point, UND. 60 miles? Rigby? Soda? Malad? Rupert? Burley? To put this into perspective(60 miles), you could claim to live in the Missoula area if you lived in Hamilton, Superior, Polson, Drummond, or outside of Lincoln. You seem to be stretching the truth a bit. Verdict: I don't believe your claim. Winner: Sask.

KoolMoeDee said:
UNDfan said:

We should be honored to have the one person that has the real story and the balls enough to post about it. Out of all the schools and thousands of employees,boosters, and reporters, you stand alone.

These balls have been through a lot. It's my job to inform the masses.

Regardless of what happens, I just hope the Griz can find a way to get Augustana on the schedule and do home-and-homes with them. Griz fans need to experience Augustana and find out where and what it is.

tourist said:
Unfortunately, the truth is not YOUR strong point, UND. 60 miles? Rigby? Soda? Malad? Rupert? Burley? To put this into perspective(60 miles), you could claim to live in the Missoula area if you lived in Hamilton, Superior, Polson, Drummond, or outside of Lincoln. You seem to be stretching the truth a bit. Verdict: I don't believe your claim. Winner: Sask.

Saskatoon said there was nothing around Pokey. You just disproved him.

Back