• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Bubble today

Right. Also that doc also doesn’t say really anything about a track. So could be an old doc. Not sure. We’ll all find out together in a few short months.
Sure, totally, we will. My memory of the BoR submission was that it included the money and plan for the track, but maybe my memory is off. I don't think they can change the plans they submitted without the BoR approving something like that, but maybe OCHE has an office they could run it through or something. I'm not pretending to be an expert on MUS building processes, by any means.

Sure, totally, we will. My memory of the BoR submission was that it included the money and plan for the track, but maybe my memory is off. I don't think they can change the plans they submitted without the BoR approving something like that, but maybe OCHE has an office they could run it through or something. I'm not pretending to be an expert on MUS building processes, by any means.
Just watched that piece of the BOR meeting from November. “Metal framed building, still working through some pricing on whether it will be fabric tension or metal. Langlas is contractor selected and they are working on pricing”

So yeah. I guess we’ll see. Haha

For items like an IPF, the Regents don’t approve plan minutiae like materials; instead, they approve expenditures. They’ve approved the expenditure. Fact is, the plans with Langlas call for a hard-sided building—i.e., the detail calls out pre-engineered metal building panels. Some renderings can be seen here:

Just watched that piece of the BOR meeting from November. “Metal framed building, still working through some pricing on whether it will be fabric tension or metal. Langlas is contractor selected and they are working on pricing”

Nice effort

Man, they work on pricing for a long time.

I think at one point there was talk about the canvas siding being an option, as that was cheaper and could be constructed faster. That said, I think they scrapped the fast/cheap plan and decided to opt for the more expensive $26Million facility that is a steel structure with metal siding and some brick veneer. the 100 yard field is to accommodate the 300-meter indoor track.

When it's all said and done, I think it will be a great option for both football and track.
I truly think both facilities will be amazing and awesome for both programs cats and Griz. Anything that gets you on dry turf in a warmer controlled climate while it’s freezing outside, giving your teams the ability to practice more effectively and efficiently is a huge bonus. I don’t really care what the outside looks like or the structure. The Griz bubble will also be huge for track and field, as well as soccer and softball. They will also be generating a lot of community revenue as they rent it out to various teams. Awesome addition!

MSU cut the field to 80 yards to give more room for their coaches to park when those lines aren't as clear as a guy might hope for.
Is it really only 80 yards?!? WTF?
Seems like reverse Amish logic = bubcat logic
2bba5814-6df1-44dd-82c5-860c1f34de07_text.gif

Is this what you guys mean when you say “bobcat built”? Makes me think: cheap, flimsy, ready to collapse under the slightest pressure?
Looks like it will be a $26 million full metal structure

tell me more about your bubble. Is it sponsored by Family Dollar?

Looks like it will be a $26 million full metal structure

tell me more about your bubble. Is it sponsored by Family Dollar?
Wow, looks nicer than RHS with its ridiculous disjointed stuff going on. Any plans for hosting games in there? Oh, I forgot it’s not a regulation football field. Well, maybe train them to run to the 10.

The Cats need to find a football team too. I wonder if the Cat revival is over already. We shall see. The Cats have been led by 2 great players and some good linemen. Anderson is gone. Mellott has one more year. Linemen are leaving the program early.

One would think the framing structure would need to be reengineered considering the weight difference between fabric and metal and also to account for the methods of fastening siding/roofing materials. Given the bad PR generated from past campus building collapses, the “fuck what the plans say, let’s go with metal” approach may not be the best move.

One would think the framing structure would need to be reengineered considering the weight difference between fabric and metal and also to account for the methods of fastening siding/roofing materials. Given the bad PR generated from past campus building collapses, the “fuck what the plans say, let’s go with metal” approach may not be the best move.
Don't worry! All those engineering students need a senior project. They can work for free!!

Last edited:
The Cats need to find a football team too. I wonder if the Cat revival is over already. We shall see. The Cats have been led by 2 great players and some good linemen. Anderson is gone. Mellott has one more year. Linemen are leaving the program early.
I'm BAAAA-aaack! And you're silly. Cats and griz will both be damn good in 2024 (assuming the griz find a QB that is as good as CM, and don't end up with another Vidlak). Winner of Cat-Griz wins the national championship. Mark it down.

I'm BAAAA-aaack! And you're silly. Cats and griz will both be damn good in 2024 (assuming the griz find a QB that is as good as CM, and don't end up with another Vidlak). Winner of Cat-Griz wins the national championship. Mark it down.
You have zero credibility on this subject. Almost everything you said last season, especially about your team, was wrong, If your team is as good as it was last season, you will be 8-4. Feel free demonstrate how the Cats will be better this season. You lost 4 of your top players, and more. Do you really think replacing all-conference linemen and Chambers will be easy. What happens when Mellott gets hurt, as he has each season? The Cats appear not to have done very well in getting transfers in the Portal, and, overall, the Portal looks like a net loss for the Cats.

Some Cat fans have gotten to be very unrealistic in recent years, but you are about the worst. You obviously don't understand the game of football.

I am told that the UM coaches feel good, probably very good, about their qb situation. Maybe you should focus on getting your own house put back together. You act like your team was big improved and very good, if enough of your unrealistic and unknowledgeable say that they will. Which is what many of you Cat posters did last season.

While I had confidence in the Griz last season and also have confidence this season, at least I can wait until I see the first part of the season to make my assessment and-or declare the Griz national champions.

Feel free to keep posting your BS. The board needs someone else to make fun of.

Back