• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Bubble today

You have zero credibility on this subject. Almost everything you said last season, especially about your team, was wrong, If your team is as good as it was last season, you will be 8-4. Feel free demonstrate how the Cats will be better this season. You lost 4 of your top players, and more. Do you really think replacing all-conference linemen and Chambers will be easy. What happens when Mellott gets hurt, as he has each season? The Cats appear not to have done very well in getting transfers in the Portal, and, overall, the Portal looks like a net loss for the Cats.

Some Cat fans have gotten to be very unrealistic in recent years, but you are about the worst. You obviously don't understand the game of football.

I am told that the UM coaches feel good, probably very good, about their qb situation. Maybe you should focus on getting your own house put back together. You act like your team was big improved and very good, if enough of your unrealistic and unknowledgeable say that they will. Which is what many of you Cat posters did last season.

While I had confidence in the Griz last season and also have confidence this season, at least I can wait until I see the first part of the season to make my assessment and-or declare the Griz national champions.

Feel free to keep posting your BS. The board needs someone else to make fun of.
(Voice of Joe Rogan)
Early in round one and PR’s coming out swinging, landing some serious body blows and a nice uppercut. Poor’s gonna have to step his counter game up if he wants to win this fight.

Vigen has built on what Choate did and has created an even stronger program. This program is VERY solid, talented, and deep. Yes the Cats have lost very good players over the past few years, but most of them are moving up to higher divisions... that's the sign of a good program. The OL Vigen has created is just stupid good... and no wonder players are leaving because there is not enough space for everyone. This shouldn't surprise anyone - when you put an emphasis on the run and lead the country in rushing - of course you're going to be good up front. Vigen came from the NDSU world, of course he knows how to create and maintain an excellent OL.

I'm not sure if the CATS will be favored to win every game in their schedule, but it would not surprise me at all if they are. I'm thinking the oddsmakers might put that first one as a 50-50, not sure. But if they do win the first one, and they should, it should be pretty smooth sailing until late in the season! Again, Cat\Griz winner wins it all. Thank God it's in Bozo this time.

Vigen has built on what Choate did and has created an even stronger program. This program is VERY solid, talented, and deep. Yes the Cats have lost very good players over the past few years, but most of them are moving up to higher divisions... that's the sign of a good program. The OL Vigen has created is just stupid good... and no wonder players are leaving because there is not enough space for everyone. This shouldn't surprise anyone - when you put an emphasis on the run and lead the country in rushing - of course you're going to be good up front. Vigen came from the NDSU world, of course he knows how to create and maintain an excellent OL.

I'm not sure if the CATS will be favored to win every game in their schedule, but it would not surprise me at all if they are. I'm thinking the oddsmakers might put that first one as a 50-50, not sure. But if they do win the first one, and they should, it should be pretty smooth sailing until late in the season! Again, Cat\Griz winner wins it all. Thank God it's in Bozo this time.
I see nothing’s changed. Here you are claiming your backups are better than the starters, and bragging about OL and rushing stats while ignoring your “program’s” biggest weakness—defense.
I believe the last post you made last year before going on a well needed hiatus was how it was no big deal giving up “two hundo” rushing vs suck state. I told you if The Griz get “two hundo” rushing vs bubs it would be a bloodbath. ✅
Other than firing the drunk coordinators, what changed?

I'm talking about the 2024 season, not the program. Why are you talking about the program? The Cats weren't as good as advertised last year, and they won't be any better this coming year. Probably worse, with Chambers gone.

I just don't believe the Cats are very talented and deep (or talented and deep to be a top program), especially if it's coming from you. Very solid? Maybe.

When very good players leave a program, it hurts the team, as well as the program. It shows these guys are selfish and care more about themselves than staying around and helping their team and teammates go deep in the playoffs. It's so obvious you never played the game.

Late to the fracas on this, I know. I completely get why the Griz need an indoor practice facility, I just don't get why it had to go on the River Bowl area. With NIL (players don't live on campus, all can afford or given leases for vehicles while in school through a partner dealership), it's not like these facilities have to be on campus. It was a prime parks and recreation facility for the whole town and campus community and now it's blocked off the exclusive use of about 200 people. Even if there was a plan for more public use, something tells me that was just a way to get approval for it built and those shared use plans have already been scrapped.

The indoor practice facility is absolutely a positive for the program, but a net negative for Missoula. Just my two cents

Cats are going to be a very one dimensional team again. You stop the run, you beat the Cats.

Late to the fracas on this, I know. I completely get why the Griz need an indoor practice facility, I just don't get why it had to go on the River Bowl area. With NIL (players don't live on campus, all can afford or given leases for vehicles while in school through a partner dealership), it's not like these facilities have to be on campus. It was a prime parks and recreation facility for the whole town and campus community and now it's blocked off the exclusive use of about 200 people. Even if there was a plan for more public use, something tells me that was just a way to get approval for it built and those shared use plans have already been scrapped.

The indoor practice facility is absolutely a positive for the program, but a net negative for Missoula. Just my two cents
Youth sports teams around Missoula have agreements to use the facility. It will not only help out Griz FB, but all Griz athletics, and a large quantity of Missoula youth athletics as well. Absolutely a net positive for Missoula.

I don't think kids for the Griz are getting anywhere near the NIL you are under the impression of. They are definitely not all given money to afford a vehicle or be given leases.

We can all agree or disagree on the right use for that space, and I get the point of people who feel that way. I think the net benefit is definitely there, but I respect your right to prefer that be an open field for public recreation. At this point, the Fort has pretty well provided all the outdoor recreation space local folks could want to use, in my opinion, though.

I think by mid-season Crusado, Costello,

I think by mid-season Cruzado, Costello and the Bobcat fans will be wondering how in the hell their season went to crap and be spouting off again on how next year will be “their year”.
One more big hit on Tommy and he’ll be through. A body can only take so many concussions and knee/ankle injuries. I like watching him play, and get nervous whenever he’s got the ball against the Griz, but he hasn’t made a complete season yet and now he’ll be expected to carry the whole load with no capable replacement.

I just don't get this outrage or line of thinking.

All it takes is a couple of kids with darts and you know they're out there.

I think by mid-season Crusado, Costello,

I think by mid-season Cruzado, Costello and the Bobcat fans will be wondering how in the hell their season went to crap and be spouting off again on how next year will be “their year”.
One more big hit on Tommy and he’ll be through. A body can only take so many concussions and knee/ankle injuries. I like watching him play, and get nervous whenever he’s got the ball against the Griz, but he hasn’t made a complete season yet and now he’ll be expected to carry the whole load with no capable replacement.
Mid season - ok. First 6 games are New Mexico State, Utah Tech, Maine, Mercyhurst, Idaho State, and Northern Colorado. I'll be surprised if the Cats are 5-1, and will be shocked if they're 4-2. As for Tommy's backups... the coaching staff has enough faith in the talent there to not go after a portal transfer (like Bobby always does), so I think we're pretty good there. I agree the odds of Tommy making it through a full season without having to miss some time, are not good. I think the Big Sky will know who Jordan Reed is soon enough.

Mid season - ok. First 6 games are New Mexico State, Utah Tech, Maine, Mercyhurst, Idaho State, and Northern Colorado. I'll be surprised if the Cats are 5-1, and will be shocked if they're 4-2. As for Tommy's backups... the coaching staff has enough faith in the talent there to not go after a portal transfer (like Bobby always does), so I think we're pretty good there. I agree the odds of Tommy making it through a full season without having to miss some time, are not good. I think the Big Sky will know who Jordan Reed is soon enough.
I heard the Cats were unable to attract a good qb from the portal. Ha.

Again with the backups being better than the starters. 🤣

giphy.gif

Back