• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sulser: What's your take?

argh! said:
my take is that sulser is very fast, as evidenced by the play in which he scored a touchdown. it was just one play though, and while he clearly properly executed the play, there isn't a whole lot for someone like me, who has never seen him otherwise, make a good call on this. i guess i just hope that whatever decisions are made regarding his playing (and/or redshirting) work out well for him, and the griz.

Check out his Hudl video, argh. I know it's only high school, but he routinely made everyone on the field look like statues. I can recall only two other recruit videos that were similar—those of Jefferson Heidelberger and Jerry Louie-McGee. Small guys with wheels and mad moves.

We can only hope he has a similar career. Who knows, maybe he'll be even better. Glad he's a Griz.

I'd like to see him redshirt. I still think this is a rebuilding year. We are at least a year away with this OL and we have enough talent at receiver this year. For Sulser's sake, it would be good to see him get a year of strength and conditioning under his belt before he eats up eligibility. I do like the extra element of speed he brings that the defense has to account for, but I feel we get more out of him if that clock starts next year. Hauck, Rosy, Pease, and Sulser know much better than I do, so whatever they decide I'll take as the right decision.

I think Bobby should continue playing him. I believe that the more quickly Bobby can show the Griz or “relevant” again it will aid in landing recruits. Making it back into the playoffs his first year back with a bunch or young men that were not all his recruits would send a big message.
Would I prefer to redshirt Sulser, sure, but understand why Bobby might not.

Sam A. Blitz said:
I'd like to see him redshirt. I still think this is a rebuilding year. We are at least a year away with this OL and we have enough talent at receiver this year. For Sulser's sake, it would be good to see him get a year of strength and conditioning under his belt before he eats up eligibility. I do like the extra element of speed he brings that the defense has to account for, but I feel we get more out of him if that clock starts next year. Hauck, Rosy, Pease, and Sulser know much better than I do, so whatever they decide I'll take as the right decision.
The problem with that approach is that Gabe is healthy now and we need to play him while he's healthy. Let's say they redshirt him this year like you suggested, what if next year he tears his knee in practice and is out for the year. Then we just wasted 1 year of eligibility because we didn't play him as a healthy true freshman. We need to save that redshirt year in case he gets hurt, which with his size, is a concern.

ORGUNGRIZ said:
I think Bobby should continue playing him. I believe that the more quickly Bobby can show the Griz or “relevant” again it will aid in landing recruits. Making it back into the playoffs his first year back with a bunch or young men that were not all his recruits would send a big message.

Interesting point. Never thought of it, but agree with it.

I assume the coaches saw early on in pre-season practice that they wanted Sulser on the field right away. Some of us at practice sure noticed him early on.

PlayerRep said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

Interesting point. Never thought of it, but agree with it.

I assume the coaches saw early on in pre-season practice that they wanted Sulser on the field right away. Some of us at practice sure noticed him early on.
Susler stood out his Sophomore year of high school, the first year I watched him play live. Found a place here in WA to watch the game only a few minutes before he received that handoff!

Back