• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sulser: What's your take?

AZGrizFan said:
grizaremoregooder said:
A better question is who sits when he is in the game? There are a lot of very good receivers on this team. Sulser even seeing the field is a testament to how talented he is. I say play em!

Here's an idea. Go 5-wide and sit the RB. Then you can have Sulser, JLM, Curran, Akeem, Toure all on the field at the same time. Unless we absolutely feel we need a TE in to block. :oops: :oops:

Then just have Sneed run the ball..... ;)

VictorG said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizaremoregooder said:
A better question is who sits when he is in the game? There are a lot of very good receivers on this team. Sulser even seeing the field is a testament to how talented he is. I say play em!

Here's an idea. Go 5-wide and sit the RB. Then you can have Sulser, JLM, Curran, Akeem, Toure all on the field at the same time. Unless we absolutely feel we need a TE in to block. :oops: :oops:

Then just have Sneed run the ball..... ;)

Exactly. Seemed to work out ok Saturday... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

grizaremoregooder said:

Where?

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizaremoregooder said:

Where?

Please. Outside of Curran's occasional drop, these guys catch everything that's in their vicinity. Who, specifically, are you complaining about?

AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizaremoregooder said:

Where?

Please. Outside of Curran's occasional drop, these guys catch everything that's in their vicinity. Who, specifically, are you complaining about?

It's not occasional, he habitually drops balls he should catch-like clockwork unfortunately.
Akem Toure and Flowers should be starting IMO, with JLM in the slot and handling punt returns

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizaremoregooder said:

Where?

It's not occasional, he habitually drops balls he should catch-like clockwork unfortunately.
Akem Toure and Flowers should be starting IMO, with JLM in the slot and handling punt returns

Fine. The statement was "there are a lot of very good receivers on this team" and your answer was "where?", implying that there are NOT a lot of good receivers on this team. Who else, besides Curran, do you have issues with being on this team?

AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Fine. The statement was "there are a lot of very good receivers on this team" and your answer was "where?", implying that there are NOT a lot of good receivers on this team. Who else, besides Curran, do you have issues with being on this team?

I don't have an issue with the receivers on the team, I disagree with the assertion that we have "a lot of very good" receivers on this team.

Flowers Akem and Toure have potential. I think JLM is a jitterbug, but his route running drive me insane-should be exclusively a jet sweep/screen type receiver IMO.

Production isn't there to justify calling them very good. Not yet

Yes there have been balls our guys should have easily caught but my guess is there have been just as many or more throws that were far from being "on the money." <<< Understatement

The 1st missed pass Curran didn't catch was a very tough catch to be made. Should he have made it? Yes, this isn't high school ball anymore. The second missed pass he didn't catch was delivered perfect and Curran just tried to run before he caught it.
Sammy Akem is possession receiver and will catch anything in his direction. He was not in the game except for Two plays and I don't know why?
The pass to toure late in the fourth that missed his hands by 1 foot if that, he should have laid out and gave maximum effort, He played it pretty safe. Can't make Sports center highlights making routine catches.
Sulser, if he can play at this level now he should be playing.
I would classify our receivers as good, not great. They will/could become great when Sneed gets time to throw to them and perfects his deep ball pass. He misses the deep ball quite a lot. I think it will come.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizaremoregooder said:

Where?

Just curious, but what has Flowers done to make you think he should be starting?

grizindabox said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Just curious, but what has Flowers done to make you think he should be starting?

Just swap him and Curran out. Flowers is a better athlete. Catches the ball with his hands rather than trying to body catch it.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizindabox said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:

Just swap him and Curran out. Flowers is a better athlete. Catches the ball with his hands rather than trying to body catch it.

I assumed that Akem would take Curran's spot. But still, have we seen Flowers catch a ball in a game?

grizindabox said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizindabox said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

I assumed that Akem would take Curran's spot. But still, have we seen Flowers catch a ball in a game?

Or Toure. I am not positive on that, but I've seen enough of Curran's drops to know that it's probably 60/40 when it hits him in the hands if he will catch or drop it. At that point, when you know you are going to get burned that often, why not put a better athlete out there??? I get he is a senior, but outside of his blocking (which may explain why he is on the field at all) he isn't a receiver

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizindabox said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizindabox said:

Or Toure. I am not positive on that, but I've seen enough of Curran's drops to know that it's probably 60/40 when it hits him in the hands if he will catch or drop it. At that point, when you know you are going to get burned that often, why not put a better athlete out there??? I get he is a senior, but outside of his blocking (which may explain why he is on the field at all) he isn't a receiver

Toure starts and literally NEVER comes off the field. All the other receivers sub out. Toure doesn't. You're suggesting somebody who plays literally EVERY snap to replace another starter? That doesn't make any sense.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:

I don't have an issue with the receivers on the team, I disagree with the assertion that we have "a lot of very good" receivers on this team.

Flowers Akem and Toure have potential. I think JLM is a jitterbug, but his route running drive me insane-should be exclusively a jet sweep/screen type receiver IMO.

Huh? JLM is a very good route runner. That crucial gain he made in the 4th quarter where the DB fell down was all due to his sharp route running where he made a sharp 90 degree cut on the out without losing any speed.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Huh? JLM is a very good route runner. That crucial gain he made in the 4th quarter where the DB fell down was all due to his sharp route running where he made a sharp 90 degree cut on the out without losing any speed.

I don't think he was very good last year....but far better this year. My guess Pease stresses it and wont let it slide if they get lazy on route fundamentals

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:

You do realize JLM will end up statistically being one of the best receivers to ever wear a Griz uniform? Akem and Toure are very, very solid redshirt Sophmore receivers who will get better every game. Curran is a physical specimen out there he blocks very well and breaks tackles. He had a big drop last week that a Senior shouln't drop. Sulser must be a freak of nature as a true Freshmen to see time in front of ANY of these guys. He looked the part last week.

Back