• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sulser: What's your take?

Sam A. Blitz said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
It's not occasional, he habitually drops balls he should catch-like clockwork unfortunately.
Akem Toure and Flowers should be starting IMO, with JLM in the slot and handling punt returns

Fine. The statement was "there are a lot of very good receivers on this team" and your answer was "where?", implying that there are NOT a lot of good receivers on this team. Who else, besides Curran, do you have issues with being on this team?

I don't have an issue with the receivers on the team, I disagree with the assertion that we have "a lot of very good" receivers on this team.

Flowers Akem and Toure have potential. I think JLM is a jitterbug, but his route running drive me insane-should be exclusively a jet sweep/screen type receiver IMO.

Production isn't there to justify calling them very good. Not yet

Huh? JLM is a very good route runner. That crucial gain he made in the 4th quarter where the DB fell down was all due to his sharp route running where he made a sharp 90 degree cut on the out without losing any speed.

One circumstance is what you are judging him on? I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. Routes have been marginally better this year.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizindabox said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
I am not positive on that

This sums it up quite well.

Because I haven't been able to watch every snap of every game? Nice one man-really astute observation on your end

Thanks. You still have never answered why you think Flowers should be on the field over the guys that have been.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:
Fine. The statement was "there are a lot of very good receivers on this team" and your answer was "where?", implying that there are NOT a lot of good receivers on this team. Who else, besides Curran, do you have issues with being on this team?

I don't have an issue with the receivers on the team, I disagree with the assertion that we have "a lot of very good" receivers on this team.

Flowers Akem and Toure have potential. I think JLM is a jitterbug, but his route running drive me insane-should be exclusively a jet sweep/screen type receiver IMO.

Huh? JLM is a very good route runner. That crucial gain he made in the 4th quarter where the DB fell down was all due to his sharp route running where he made a sharp 90 degree cut on the out without losing any speed.

One circumstance is what you are judging him on? I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. Routes have been marginally better this year.

I think he is good route runner, but he sometimes does round off the route, which can lead to a pick 6. There were 2 instances last week that I saw where he was a bit rounded in the route that were jumped and almost taken to the house. A great route gets into the defender a bit and cuts off of him to create that separation. He also can run excellent routes that shake people out of their shoes. Some receivers also are better at running certain routes than other routes. Just part of the game. I'd grade him a solid B+ in his overall route running ability.

kemajic said:
fanofzoo said:
Kid out in Frenchtown who might just be faster, only a sophomore.
Can he equal the state high hurdles record and win by 0.8 seconds?
Klucewich hasn't run the 110 hurdles yet. However, comparing their fastest 100m times, he may be ahead of Sulser.

100m
Klucewich: 11.08 (Freshman) - 12th best 100m time in MT (2018)
Sulser: 11.00 (Sophomore) - 4th best 100m time in MT (2016)

200m
Klucewich: 22.9 (Freshman)
Sulser: 22.4 (Sophomore)

Sulser didn't run the 100m his Junior year, and was hampered by a hamstring injury during track season this year (best time was 11.31).

grizindabox said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizindabox said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
I am not positive on that

Because I haven't been able to watch every snap of every game? Nice one man-really astute observation on your end

Thanks. You still have never answered why you think Flowers should be on the field over the guys that have been.

I did though, if you read back just a little bit. We know what we have with Curran-drops.
Flowers is a better athlete and faster. I don't subscribe to the "devil you know" theory with receivers. Curran has shown us what he is-I believe Flowers has more potential plus is much younger and very well could develop into one of those "great" receivers people have been talking about.

grizband said:
kemajic said:
fanofzoo said:
Klucewich hasn't run the 110 hurdles yet. However, comparing their fastest 100m times, he may be ahead of Sulser.

100m

200m

Sulser didn't run the 100m his Junior year, and was hampered by a hamstring injury during track season this year (best time was 11.31).
Since he had the bad hammy, Sulser ran very selectively, only the HH at the state meet. 14.22 with the bad hammy. Won by 10 yards.

kemajic said:
grizband said:
kemajic said:
fanofzoo said:

100m

200m

Since he had the bad hammy, Sulser ran very selectively, only the HH at the state meet. 14.22 with the bad hammy. Won by 10 yards.
I was impressed by his 110m hurdles race (saw highlights on tv). Not saying Sulser isn't faster, just comparing based on available data points.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizindabox said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizindabox said:

I did though, if you read back just a little bit. We know what we have with Curran-drops.
Flowers is a better athlete and faster. I don't subscribe to the "devil you know" theory with receivers. Curran has shown us what he is-I believe Flowers has more potential plus is much younger and very well could develop into one of those "great" receivers people have been talking about.

So it is the "anyone but Curran" line of thinking. By the way, I am not trying to lobby for Curran, I just was curious how you got to Flowers....my first thought would have been Akem.

What is it with some egriz posters who insist on exaggerating things, like drops or fumbles, to make their points or to diss particular players? What's so hard about sticking with the actual facts?

PlayerRep said:
What is it with some egriz posters who insist on exaggerating things, like drops or fumbles, to make their points or to diss particular players? What's so hard about sticking with the actual facts?

They watch a lot of replays and keep on counting!!!

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:

It's not a circumstance, it's an example. Watch him the next couple games. His routes have been crisp and sharp. His ability to get out of his breaks while maintaining speed is a key reason he's been getting open on the intermediate routes as a smaller target.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

It's not a circumstance, it's an example. Watch him the next couple games. His routes have been crisp and sharp. His ability to get out of his breaks while maintaining speed is a key reason he's been getting open on the intermediate routes as a smaller target.

You don't catch 73 passes in a year by running crappy routes. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

You don't catch 73 passes in a year by running crappy routes. :lol: :lol:

No doubt. I'm not sure how you can bad mouth our top WR even if he does round off a route every now and then. His YAC makes up for it. Maybe Hawkeye should change his handle because the "eye" part ain't workin'.

VictorG said:
PlayerRep said:

They watch a lot of replays and keep on counting!!!

Like John Nguyen and fumbles. In his last 3 years at UM, as a running back and a year or two as a punt returner, he lost 3 fumbles in total, or something like that. To hear, the chirpers, one would think he had a fumble every other time he touched the ball.

my take is that sulser is very fast, as evidenced by the play in which he scored a touchdown. it was just one play though, and while he clearly properly executed the play, there isn't a whole lot for someone like me, who has never seen him otherwise, make a good call on this. i guess i just hope that whatever decisions are made regarding his playing (and/or redshirting) work out well for him, and the griz.

Back