• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sulser: What's your take?

You know more, and I don''t know that many players, but heard commentary from players like Ryan Bagley and Jon Talmage that they regretted playing as true frosh / not redshirting. It some cases it could be late-October by the time that a Frosh really understands the playbook and gets meaningful playing time.

BWahlberg said:
play him!

fanofzoo said:
Kid out in Frenchtown who might just be faster, only a sophomore.

Jace Klucewich

If you get a chance, go to a Frenchtown game and watch him. The kid is special. Only a sophomore.

There was another play in the 2nd half where he was in the back field along with the running back. Receiver on right side of the field, ran a deep post, right side was wide open, he was out there by him self and one defender about 10-15 yards away from him. Sneed got sacked on the play, if he could have thrown it out to him, it would have been fun to watch a linebacker try to keep up to him in the open field.

CDAGRIZ said:
I think the staff should play him if they think it'll be what's best for the team. If it's not what's best for the team, he should sit out. We shall see.

Well, I think they should not play him if it makes sense to not play him and play him if that makes sense, too. It's really the only thing that makes sense.

Play him for the rest of the year, and it’s pretty much a full season. I like Flowers-the player-but Gabe should be on kickoff returns! Just get him the ball! Fly sweep, ironically enough, would be great!

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
https://twitter.com/shaunrainey/status/1043938039746023424?s=21

Coach Hauck said they plan to play Gabe Sulser all season as long as he stays healthy. Having him play 4 games and then redshirting him is not what they intend to do

That is why BH gets the big bucks and pressure that goes with it. Coaches see his attitude, capabilities and presence on the team. They know what they are doing. I will keep my ill informed opinions to myself :oops:

fanofzoo said:
Kid out in Frenchtown who might just be faster, only a sophomore.

Second fastest jr high kid I’ve personally seen. Just so happens the fastest jr high kid I’ve watched ran in the same meets and is now a soph at Sentinel.

He will be worthy of a nickname. Here are my choices.
Gabe "Hot" Sulser (hot Salsa), Or Gabe "Alka" Sulser (being opponents will need a large dose of Alka Seltzer in dealing with him.

A better question is who sits when he is in the game? There are a lot of very good receivers on this team. Sulser even seeing the field is a testament to how talented he is. I say play em!

If he's really only 165 lbs, he needs to red shirt....(part of Haucks comment maybe....they will play him all year if he doesn't get killed :shock: )

He looked bigger than that to me though.....

grizaremoregooder said:
A better question is who sits when he is in the game? There are a lot of very good receivers on this team. Sulser even seeing the field is a testament to how talented he is. I say play em!

Here's an idea. Go 5-wide and sit the RB. Then you can have Sulser, JLM, Curran, Akeem, Toure all on the field at the same time. Unless we absolutely feel we need a TE in to block. :oops: :oops:

mtgrizrule said:
He will be worthy of a nickname. Here are my choices.
Gabe "Hot" Sulser (hot Salsa), Or Gabe "Alka" Sulser (being opponents will need a large dose of Alka Seltzer in dealing with him.

Saw Keenan Curran nicknamed him the Flying Sulser (as opposed to saucer) on Twitter. I like it!

AZGrizFan said:
grizaremoregooder said:

Here's an idea. Go 5-wide and sit the RB. Then you can have Sulser, JLM, Curran, Akeem, Toure all on the field at the same time. Unless we absolutely feel we need a TE in to block. :oops: :oops:

If they need a TE, sit Curran. Sometimes I feel like he is more of a liability with his drops.

Back