• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sterk Stats - Conference Only Stats

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
Almost no one can see what a player writes on his arm.

Lots of people see what players put on social media, especially if it then gets on the internet.

I guess for some people. I don’t do much social media so don’t see much.

Just curious, what in his tweet is either untrue or derogatory?

Sterk didn't play against UM in 2017. He doesn't have any stats for the entire year either. So, there's that. And how did "I" beat the Griz in Seattle?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/washington.sidearmsports.com/documents/2017/9/9/montwash.pdf

From his MSU bio:

"Washington (2017) No game action. (2016) Played in a win over Rutgers, registering two tackles and a fumble recovery... also played against Idaho. (2015) Redshirted... won the team’s Ultimate Dirt Dawg Award for his weight room work."

So, he can't write a sentence, he told a lie, and his social media posts are obnoxious. That's all. You Cats are welcome to that guy.
Ha. I suppose that’s fair. He was still on the team that year but battled injuries and didn’t play. But he was on the roster of the team that beat the griz.

I guess Akem can say he didn’t lose to the Cats this year either :lol:

Don't know anyone can say "I’ve beat the Griz in Seattle", when one doesn't even get on the field, and doesn't play a single down the entire season.

If that's okay, I can I say the I set some track records in high school.

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
Almost no one can see what a player writes on his arm.

Lots of people see what players put on social media, especially if it then gets on the internet.

Sterk didn't play against UM in 2017. He doesn't have any stats for the entire year either. So, there's that. And how did "I" beat the Griz in Seattle?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/washington.sidearmsports.com/documents/2017/9/9/montwash.pdf

From his MSU bio:

"Washington (2017) No game action. (2016) Played in a win over Rutgers, registering two tackles and a fumble recovery... also played against Idaho. (2015) Redshirted... won the team’s Ultimate Dirt Dawg Award for his weight room work."

So, he can't write a sentence, he told a lie, and his social media posts are obnoxious. That's all. You Cats are welcome to that guy.
Ha. I suppose that’s fair. He was still on the team that year but battled injuries and didn’t play. But he was on the roster of the team that beat the griz.

Do you think Akem lost to the Cats this year?

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

From his MSU bio:

I think if he considers himself a griz and is still on the team then yes. I’m right behind the griz bench and you had a ton of guys not play. Are we really saying they didn’t lose? :lol:

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

From his MSU bio:

I think if he considers himself a griz and is still on the team then yes. I’m right behind the griz bench and you had a ton of guys not play. Are we really saying they didn’t lose? :lol:

His team lost. He didn’t because he didn’t play.

Have the redshirt junior Cats beaten UM 4 years in a row?

Are the Griz seniors 1-4 against the Cats?

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

You’re resilient PR. That’s a good trait!

My opinion is if you’re on the roster, you practice and prep with the team, you help them get better, you’re on the team win or lose. I’ll respect your opinion but I’ll be honest, I’ve never heard that take in sports. Seems like a division and alienation I know I wouldn’t want on my team! And by “my” team, I mean the team I support! :lol:

I’m glad the Cats don’t have that mindset. We got completely blasted by NDSU last year. Even kids who didn’t play because of injuries, and those that redshirt, considered it a team loss. They admitted as much and I think it helped us get better this year I believe.

Just a difference in opinion I suppose. I’ll always consider redshirts and players injured still part of the team. You don’t think so and that’s ok!

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

My opinion is if you’re on the roster, you practice and prep with the team, you help them get better, you’re on the team win or lose. I’ll respect your opinion but I’ll be honest, I’ve never heard that take in sports. Seems like a division and alienation I know I wouldn’t want on my team! And by “my” team, I mean the team I support! :lol:

I’m glad the Cats don’t have that mindset. We got completely blasted by NDSU last year. Even kids who didn’t play because of injuries, and those that redshirt, considered it a team loss. They admitted as much and I think it helped us get better this year I believe.

Just a difference in opinion I suppose. I’ll always consider redshirts and players injured still part of the team. You don’t think so and that’s ok!

Of course, redshirts and injured players are part of a team. However, that doesn’t mean the Griz seniors were 1-4 against the Cats. In fact, people and the media have been pointing out that the Griz seniors never beat the Cats.

Or, are you okay with UM seniors going around saying that at least beat the Cats one year?

Again, Sterk shouldn’t have said that “I” beat the Griz in Seattle. He didn’t play. He didn’t play that season. He didn’t beat the Griz. Perhaps he could say “we” beat the Griz. But “I” didn’t beat the Griz in Seattle.

I assume any Grizzly who won a conference championship or national championship did not get a ring if they didn't play a snap all year.

CatzWillRise said:
I assume any Grizzly who won a conference championship or national championship did not get a ring if they didn't play a snap all year.

That has nothing to do with the topic being discussed.

Under your view, the Griz seniors can say they were 1-4 against the Cats. They were not.

Getting a ring does not mean that “I” beat a particular team during the redshirt year. Of course, the “team” did. Maybe in some circumstances, “we” did. But “I” didn’t.

I see that the amazing Sterk got second team al conference. He probably good first team obnoxious social media. Maybe first team non-Conference.

PlayerRep said:
CatzWillRise said:

Under your view, the Griz seniors can say they were 1-4 against the Cats. They were not.

Getting a ring does not mean that “I” beat a particular team during the redshirt year. Of course, the “team” did. Maybe in some circumstances, “we” did. But “I” didn’t.

I see that the amazing Sterk got second team al conference. He probably good first team obnoxious social media. Maybe first team non-Conference.

And a bunch of our seniors were actually 4-1 using that same logic. Konkel, for example redshirted and didn't play in 2015. If you didn't play it's not a part of your legacy, so Bryce was actually not accurate in his statement

Walkon79 said:
PlayerRep said:
CatzWillRise said:

And a bunch of our seniors were actually 4-1 using that same logic. Konkel, for example redshirted and didn't play in 2015. If you didn't play it's not a part of your legacy, so Bryce was actually not accurate in his statement
And second team all conference is just BS IMO. Might not like his social media but he's a hell of a player and has a good chance of playing on Sundays.

Walkon79 said:
Walkon79 said:
PlayerRep said:
CatzWillRise said:

And second team all conference is just BS IMO. Might not like his social media but he's a hell of a player and has a good chance of playing on Sundays.

I think both Sterk and Konkol are very good players. I am less impressed with both their social media behavior and their trash talking in games.

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

Actually Logan Jones claims to have never lost to the Griz, but was honorable mention all big sky as a returner the last time the Griz beet the Cats.

Walkon79 said:
PlayerRep said:
CatzWillRise said:

Yup. This seems so obvious to me.

Walkon79 said:
Walkon79 said:
PlayerRep said:
CatzWillRise said:

With his very low conf stats, I am not sure he deserved second team. I wonder if his reputation got him the votes for second team. For example, why would the Davis coach vote for him. He had no tackles and no sacks in that game. No stats for anything.

PlayerRep said:
Walkon79 said:
Walkon79 said:
PlayerRep said:

With his very low conf stats, I am not sure he deserved second team. I wonder if his reputation got him the votes for second team. For example, why would the Davis coach vote for him. He had no tackles and no sacks in that game. No stats for anything.

Well...Someone thinks he is pretty good, because he got invited to the Shrine Game, along with Olson...

I like how on one hand, Jesse Sims is great because of the things he does that don't show up on the stat sheet, but on the other hand Bryce Sterk sucks because he doesn't have monster stats.

Back