• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Round 2: #12 Montana @ #4 Eastern Washington Game Thread

mtgriz said:
get'em_griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
I just don't want to see repeated catches by EWU receivers without a defender within 5-7 yards of them. Shit happened all DAY last time.

This. And it amazes me how Eastern's receivers ALWAYS make almost impossible catches. Get rid of the long ball threat and you have a chance to keep these guys in check.

I hear what you are saying...but I think our receivers have made some pretty amazing catches this year also. Ellis vs. NDSU where he pinned it against the defender and Jamaal I think had a similar catch for a TD in the SWEZ.

We definitely have an amazing set of receivers ourselves too. Man I really wish we still had Ellis with us. He's gonna be a force next year if he's well enough to come back.

At least a thread to talk about the game.

Looking forward to a great game, always fun with these two teams.

Looks like both teams are about as healthy as they have been all year, minus EH for the Griz. Forte is listed as questionable, but no doubt he goes in this one.

My guess is that Montana will go more uptempo similar to the 4th quarters of the last 2 games against EWU, at least Montana should, they have really hurt Eastern doing this. If Montana tries to go run, run, pass, I think EWU ends this game early.

Eastern will try to throw it because they have exploited the Montana secondary, but what Eastern wants to do is run it consistently (especially with Forte this time), keep the safeties honest and then go deep. You would think Eastern would be able to run more against the Griz when they drop so many into coverage, but the Griz front 4 are really good and have good speed at the linebacker position.

Bad tackling and bad angles have killed the griz in the last two meetings on defense. Eastern will get their play-makers in space and a lot will come down to how the griz manage or attack it.

Should be a great game on Saturday, will definitely be a lot less fans without the additional seating and touchdown clubs. Probably looking at under 9k compared to 11k+ last time.

marceagfan5 said:

Looks like both teams are about as healthy as they have been all year, minus EH for the Griz. Forte is listed as questionable, but no doubt he goes in this one.

My guess is that Montana will go more uptempo similar to the 4th quarters of the last 2 games against EWU, at least Montana should, they have really hurt Eastern doing this. If Montana tries to go run, run, pass, I think EWU ends this game early.

Eastern will try to throw it because they have exploited the Montana secondary, but what Eastern wants to do is run it consistently (especially with Forte this time), keep the safeties honest and then go deep. You would think Eastern would be able to run more against the Griz when they drop so many into coverage, but the Griz front 4 are really good and have good speed at the linebacker position.

Bad tackling and bad angles have killed the griz in the last two meetings on defense. Eastern will get their play-makers in space and a lot will come down to how the griz manage or attack it.

Should be a great game on Saturday, will definitely be a lot less fans without the additional seating and touchdown clubs. Probably looking at under 9k compared to 11k+ last time.

The Griz will be coming out with the no huddle spread option offense we ran against MSU, which is the same offense you just talked about the Griz going to in the 4th quarter of previous EWU-UM matchups. It's gonna be a great game and it'll most likely come down to the wire, but I feel very good about the Griz winning with the new offense. I don't understand how many EWU fans see this game as a blowout win for the Eags though. I mean, I can see it possibly happening, but in reality it's going to be a close hard-fought win.

get'em_griz said:
marceagfan5 said:

The Griz will be coming out with the no huddle spread option offense we ran against MSU, which is the same offense you just talked about the Griz going to in the 4th quarter of previous EWU-UM matchups. It's gonna be a great game and it'll most likely come down to the wire, but I feel very good about the Griz winning with the new offense. I don't understand how many EWU fans see this game as a blowout win for the Eags though. I mean, I can see it possibly happening, but in reality it's going to be a close hard-fought win.

The Griz should come out with the spread option, that style of offense tends to kill Eastern, but they have to let JJ keep the ball. Mobile threat QB's have been the real problem for Eastern the past few years and I'd expect UM to use that to their advantage even though they haven't the past two EWU games.

Eastern is going to show UM some new wrinkles on Saturday too, it should be really interesting. Adams will definitely be 100% this game and will probably gain a lot more yards on the ground than 4 weeks ago..

Bump.

This is going to be a looooooooooong day... I'm ready to watch the Griz take down those birds! :twisted:

marceagfan5 said:

Boy HOWDY. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :oops: :oops:

This game will be won by 17 points. Griz are hot and looking to get even.

UM 44
EWU 27

Hope VA gets some bumps and bruises. (ok nothing to heinous)

Proof that it's hard to beat the same team twice in one season... Oregon had lost to Arizona this year (and last year), and got redemption by blowing Arizona out last night. We won't blow EWU out, but I've got a damn-good feeling about today!

get'em_griz said:
Proof that it's hard to beat the same team twice in one season... Oregon had lost to Arizona this year (and last year), and got redemption by blowing Arizona out last night. We won't blow EWU out, but I've got a damn-good feeling about today!

:thumb:

10805753_10203184388236554_3879172424097002751_n.jpg

Is the game at 1:30 or 2:30 Mountain time? This thread says 1:30 mountain but ESPN3 has it listed for 4:30 eastern which is 2:30 mountain. Thanks

Back