• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Roll Call - Oregon

PlayerRep said:
I vote against giving up the opening KO for a TD. Doing that starts the wrong tone.

Good chance for Bobby's special teams to show that they are special.

My son and I are headed to the Oregon coast a couple days before then Headed to Eugene to check out the campus and watch our Griz take on the Ducks, should make for a great week with my boy regardless of the outcome of the game.

PlayerRep said:
Raider said:
ari gold said:
Raider said:
Of course, there is a gap in talent and depth, but it’s not as wide as everyone assumes. EWU, for example, has a history of making these Pac12 games competitive, even sneaking in a win or two. Part of it’s a mindset heading into these play up games, and unfortunately, it’s not our MO historically. Play not to get anyone injured, take our ass pounding/payday, and limp home. This game is 45 days away, and Oregon is already up 21-0.

It's not so much just the gap in talent, but where the gap exists, and that is in the trenches. Pretty hard to be competitive if you can't stop the other team from moving the ball and even harder if you cannot move it yourself. I would say the gap in talent between Oregon and Montana offensive and defensive lines is bigger than the average FBS/FCS matchup. Cristobal has a strong power run mentality, and if he has success with it he'll do it the whole game, and burn tons of clock. Again, I'm not trying to spread pessimism, I'm just a very close follower of ducks football and can foresee how this is going to play out.

Oh, I completely agree with you. This is a really bad match up for us. Timing is part of the challenge with these “play up” games. We’ve had some tough luck with that.

I was more speaking to our historical performance (or lack thereof) in these games, compared to other programs like EWU.

Having the likes of Vernon Adams and Cooper Kupp in some of those games might have helped EWU too.

Do Dalton and Akem compare?

PlayerRep said:
Raider said:
ari gold said:
Raider said:
Of course, there is a gap in talent and depth, but it’s not as wide as everyone assumes. EWU, for example, has a history of making these Pac12 games competitive, even sneaking in a win or two. Part of it’s a mindset heading into these play up games, and unfortunately, it’s not our MO historically. Play not to get anyone injured, take our ass pounding/payday, and limp home. This game is 45 days away, and Oregon is already up 21-0.

It's not so much just the gap in talent, but where the gap exists, and that is in the trenches. Pretty hard to be competitive if you can't stop the other team from moving the ball and even harder if you cannot move it yourself. I would say the gap in talent between Oregon and Montana offensive and defensive lines is bigger than the average FBS/FCS matchup. Cristobal has a strong power run mentality, and if he has success with it he'll do it the whole game, and burn tons of clock. Again, I'm not trying to spread pessimism, I'm just a very close follower of ducks football and can foresee how this is going to play out.

Oh, I completely agree with you. This is a really bad match up for us. Timing is part of the challenge with these “play up” games. We’ve had some tough luck with that.

I was more speaking to our historical performance (or lack thereof) in these games, compared to other programs like EWU.

Having the likes of Vernon Adams and Cooper Kupp in some of those games might have helped EWU too.

Agreed. That is a fair point.

However, even in the dominant years, the Griz still got blown out in these games. Just hard to see other FCS schools compete at a high level. I know the Griz can do the same, just hasn’t happened in the past.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
Raider said:
ari gold said:

Do Dalton and Akem compare?

Dalton and Akem are no doubt great players, and Akem probably has a good chance at a pro career, but the Vernon Adams/Cooper Kupp tandem was pretty unreal. I mean, Kupp starts for the Rams and Adams won the starting job at Oregon after being on campus for 3 days and proceeded to throw for 26 TD's and 6 picks despite missing several games. He also dropped 6 of those TD's on a USC.

My friend and I plan on going. Are there any other fans who we can road trip with and share lodging with? We need to be back Monday for work.

So I received my tickets via certified mail for the game and I was curious if any one else did? My seats are in like row 54 and after looking, that puts my group only 10 rows from the top of the corner of the end zone. Is that the normal visitor section? I was hoping they’d be a lower than that.

Dannyboy03867 said:
So I received my tickets via certified mail for the game and I was curious if any one else did? My seats are in like row 54 and after looking, that puts my group only 10 rows from the top of the corner of the end zone. Is that the normal visitor section? I was hoping they’d be a lower than that.

Ugh... sounds like where we sat last time I bought tickets through the UofM for Autzen?
I went with a 4 pak deal that put us in the middle of sec 6 for 4 seats, 4 hotdogs and 4 drinks all for $156.00 that Oregon was running as a special back in May

Dannyboy03867 said:
That is the typical seats you get if you buy them through the visitor team box office. They are just fine. I was in that section for the last griz game there. It wasn't a pretty game. Not sure we got a first down in the first half.
I was also at the game when Dave Dickenson came in as the replacement and nearly brought the griz back to beat the ducks.

indian-outlaw said:
Dannyboy03867 said:
That is the typical seats you get if you buy them through the visitor team box office. They are just fine. I was in that section for the last griz game there. It wasn't a pretty game. Not sure we got a first down in the first half.
I was also at the game when Dave Dickenson came in as the replacement and nearly brought the griz back to beat the ducks.
I too was at the Dickenson comeback game. I bought tickets on-line and so was sitting all decked out in Griz gear in a section with Ducks fans. When the final whistle sounded one of them looked at me and said, "I'm sure glad the clock ran out". It seemed that given another couple of minutes the Griz could have won that game on the shoulders of DD. It wasn't the modern Ducks at that time but it still would have been epic to see the Griz beat the Ducks at home like they beat the Beavers.

I was at the 1990 and 1996 wins in Corvallis and several games in Portland but won’t be going back to Oregon. Western Oregon has become far too insane. I will keep my tourism money and spend it elsewhere.

ChesterGriz said:
I was at the 1990 and 1996 wins in Corvallis and several games in Portland but won’t be going back to Oregon. Western Oregon has become far too insane. I will keep my tourism money and spend it elsewhere.

:roll: if you think Western Oregon is insane...

Grisly Fan said:
indian-outlaw said:
Dannyboy03867 said:
I too was at the Dickenson comeback game. I bought tickets on-line and so was sitting all decked out in Griz gear in a section with Ducks fans. When the final whistle sounded one of them looked at me and said, "I'm sure glad the clock ran out". It seemed that given another couple of minutes the Griz could have won that game on the shoulders of DD. It wasn't the modern Ducks at that time but it still would have been epic to see the Griz beat the Ducks at home like they beat the Beavers.

The full Rich Brooks Show from that Montana / Oregon game in 1993 is available here. You can hear how frustrated by and complimentary of Dickenson they are.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvmsygj9Gww[/media]

Looks like I will be there for the game as well... Staying at beach house in Manzanita that week. I will be the one in the Bobcat hat.

503Griz said:
The full Rich Brooks Show from that Montana / Oregon game in 1993 is available here. You can hear how frustrated by and complimentary of Dickenson they are.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvmsygj9Gww[/media]

lol....those shoulder pads.

And I see we've been tackling at the shoulder pads since at LEAST 1993... :evil: :evil:

503Griz said:
ChesterGriz said:

:roll: if you think Western Oregon is insane...

I would be correct.

Back