• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Roll Call - Oregon

503Griz said:
Grisly Fan said:
indian-outlaw said:
Dannyboy03867 said:
So I received my tickets via certified mail for the game and I was curious if any one else did? My seats are in like row 54 and after looking, that puts my group only 10 rows from the top of the corner of the end zone. Is that the normal visitor section? I was hoping they’d be a lower than that.
That is the typical seats you get if you buy them through the visitor team box office. They are just fine. I was in that section for the last griz game there. It wasn't a pretty game. Not sure we got a first down in the first half.
I was also at the game when Dave Dickenson came in as the replacement and nearly brought the griz back to beat the ducks.
I too was at the Dickenson comeback game. I bought tickets on-line and so was sitting all decked out in Griz gear in a section with Ducks fans. When the final whistle sounded one of them looked at me and said, "I'm sure glad the clock ran out". It seemed that given another couple of minutes the Griz could have won that game on the shoulders of DD. It wasn't the modern Ducks at that time but it still would have been epic to see the Griz beat the Ducks at home like they beat the Beavers.

The full Rich Brooks Show from that Montana / Oregon game in 1993 is available here. You can hear how frustrated by and complimentary of Dickenson they are.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvmsygj9Gww[/media]
I'm just impressed that someone purchased tickets to a 1993 Griz game online...

grizband said:
503Griz said:
Grisly Fan said:
indian-outlaw said:
That is the typical seats you get if you buy them through the visitor team box office. They are just fine. I was in that section for the last griz game there. It wasn't a pretty game. Not sure we got a first down in the first half.
I was also at the game when Dave Dickenson came in as the replacement and nearly brought the griz back to beat the ducks.
I too was at the Dickenson comeback game. I bought tickets on-line and so was sitting all decked out in Griz gear in a section with Ducks fans. When the final whistle sounded one of them looked at me and said, "I'm sure glad the clock ran out". It seemed that given another couple of minutes the Griz could have won that game on the shoulders of DD. It wasn't the modern Ducks at that time but it still would have been epic to see the Griz beat the Ducks at home like they beat the Beavers.

The full Rich Brooks Show from that Montana / Oregon game in 1993 is available here. You can hear how frustrated by and complimentary of Dickenson they are.

I saw that. Was gonna call him out, but didn't have the energy. :lol: :lol:

FML.

VRBO renter just canceled our house. Two fucking weeks before the game.

I hate people. :evil: :evil:

AZGrizFan said:
grizband said:
503Griz said:
Grisly Fan said:

Call me out if you will but it happened. The interwebs were the wild west back then and though it wasn't an actual on-line purchase app, I did indeed order the tickets via an email to the Duck's ticket office. The actual payment happened over the phone but the rest of it was "on-line". BTW - If you knew what I did for a living at the time you would understand my willingness to take a leap into the cyber unknown. It was pretty much my job to push the envelope.

Grisly Fan said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizband said:
503Griz said:

Call me out if you will but it happened. The interwebs were the wild west back then and though it wasn't an actual on-line purchase app, I did indeed order the tickets via an email to the Duck's ticket office. The actual payment happened over the phone but the rest of it was "on-line". BTW - If you knew what I did for a living at the time you would understand my willingness to take a leap into the cyber unknown. It was pretty much my job to push the envelope.
Well done :thumb:

Well be the 2 on row 15 at the 40 section 10. deep in the heart of the duck sideline. We will be the little spec of Maroon on that side 😂

Having lived in Oregon for 36 years (still consider Montana home) and been to all of the games against the Beavers and Ducks, basketball and football, I can tell you that Ducks fans are generally jerks, especially the younger ones. They have great passion for their team but behave as if they are the ones who actually win the games (unlike the ones who do). It is entirely possible they will get in your face and/or be terribly rude and obnoxious but in my experience they are harmless. In other words there should be no ATM. Enjoy your trip!

I'll be there. I break down my road trip options and of course the game with Ryan Tootell here. What's my best plan of attack?

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1172222683519389696

Back