• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Question regarding Fall Schedule

Ursa Major said:
JFC, Perhaps ‘you all’ should stop getting your information off of Facebook.

Please tell me that you do not hold paper from UM.

Please tell me you don’t believe everything the media tells you.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn't get this from Facebook. As stated originally, I got it from a credible source - E-Griz! :lol:

And yes, I did graduate from UM! :thumb:

alabamagrizzly said:
Ursa Major said:

Well sourced and from a credible news source, you bet. That’s why quality newspapers are vital for a strong democracy. They work to provide transparency and uncover the truth. Kinda like, Lux et Veritas. Ring any bells?

Ursa Major said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Well sourced and from a credible news source, you bet. That’s why quality newspapers are vital for a strong democracy. They work to provide transparency and uncover the truth. Kinda like, Lux et Veritas. Ring any bells?

Nope, I had to google. Like I told PR, my uneducatedness shows sometimes. Please share with me who are these credible news sources you know of because lately I have lost all trust in the media. Maybe your sources might reawaken my belief that Mark Twain’s and Dave Berry’s still exist out there.

alabamagrizzly said:
Ursa Major said:

Nope, I had to google. Like I told PR, my uneducatedness shows sometimes. Please share with me who are these credible news sources you know of because lately I have lost all trust in the media. Maybe your sources might reawaken my belief that Mark Twain’s and Dave Berry’s still exist out there.

Jesus, Bama, you hit me with two of my heroes. Twain and Berry are hard to beat. There are a lot of really good journalists out there that take their craft very seriously. Here are some of my favorites based on pure news coverage. Opinion departments aside.

Newspapers: NY Times, Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post are recognized as the best papers in America. Lots of other great ones but sadly they are now mostly limited to major cities.

Magazines: The Economist, The Net Yorker, The Atlantic.

Best World Reporting: BBC. I learn something new every time I open their website.

Best investigative Journalism: ProPublica, The Center for Public Integrity, Frontline (PBS).

Best TV News: The Newshour (PBS)—a great escape from cable news providers.

I’m sure I have left a lot out, feel free to add to this list.

As far as Lux et Veritas, I’m still pissed that Yale stole our motto back in 1746. Fuckers!

Ursa Major said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Jesus, Bama, you hit me with two of my heroes. Twain and Berry are hard to beat. There are a lot of really good journalists out there that take their craft very seriously. Here are some of my favorites based on pure news coverage. Opinion departments aside.

Newspapers: NY Times, Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post are recognized as the best papers in America. Lots of other great ones but sadly they are now mostly limited to major cities.

Best World Reporting: BBC. I learn something new every time I open their website.

Best investigative Journalism: ProPublica, The Center for Public Integrity, Frontline (PBS).

This explains a lot. :roll:

Ursa Major said:
alabamagrizzly said:

No such thing as a “quality newspaper” anymore. They’re all slanted propaganda rags now.

Ursa Major said:
alabamagrizzly said:

As far as Lux et Veritas, I’m still pissed that Yale stole our motto back in 1746. f###[#]!

Now I’ve got some research to do, thank you. I already trust the BBC some cus I know for sure they’re not American politically driven and that’s my biggest beef with the American media. A good bit of it is just there to back which ever political party it supports. I’m wary of the American papers you mentioned but I’ll definitely look in to the rest of your list, especially the investigative journalism. But right now I gotta google your Latin phrase again cus I assumed you were tied to Yale and did not look any further.

AZGrizFan said:
Catsrback76 said:
A lot of unknowns. What we do know is that it doesn't take much to go 5-0 against um, so there's that!

Didn’t take much to beat 0-19 Idaho in basketball either....how’d that turn out?

Yeah, I admit our football teams BB game needs some tightening up!

Speaking of Fall football..... Alabama planning for capacity crowds, 100,000+ people...

What will Missoula County Health allow in Missoula... :roll:

https://sports.yahoo.com/alabama-full-capacity-bryant-denny-stadium-2021-season-coronavirus-covid19-nick-saban-greg-byrne-053052767.html

Brother Bear said:
Speaking of Fall football..... Alabama planning for capacity crowds, 100,000+ people...

https://sports.yahoo.com/alabama-full-capacity-bryant-denny-stadium-2021-season-coronavirus-covid19-nick-saban-greg-byrne-053052767.html

It'll likely still be deemed way too dangerous in Montana if the health departments get their way. After all there will be new very scary variants, the vaccine will only barely protect the vulnerable, and the rate of people uninfected will sadly go down from 99.87% to probably 99.79%....

Is this a risk you are willing to take? Seems far too dangerous to me.

:coffee:

ilovethecats said:
Brother Bear said:

It'll likely still be deemed way too dangerous in Montana if the health departments get their way. After all there will be new very scary variants, the vaccine will only barely protect the vulnerable, and the rate of people uninfected will sadly go down from 99.87% to probably 99.79%....

Alabama football is the “be all and end all” down here.

alabamagrizzly said:
ilovethecats said:

I love it. More schools need to follow suit and get on with it. Everyone was too scared to be the first. Maybe with 'Bama doing this all the rest will follow. Those that are too fearful of large groups can just as easily watch from the safety of their living rooms. :thumb:

tourist said:
Ursa Major said:

I agree. That does explain a lot. Yeesh!

Ursa Major said:

YOU 'hold paper' from UM??? Hmm,......OH! It didn't add up, but now I understand.
OK, listen carefully, drop the paper in the bowl....leave the restroom......leave the campus.
You're welcome.

ilovethecats said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I love it. More schools need to follow suit and get on with it. Everyone was too scared to be the first. Maybe with 'Bama doing this all the rest will follow. Those that are too fearful of large groups can just as easily watch from the safety of their living rooms. :thumb:

I’m not kidding either. Down here the easiest way to tell a native Bamin’ from an outta stater is if they have a favorite NFL team. It’s no joke either. I can legitimately guess with probably 95% accuracy who’s from here and who’s not if they root for an NFL team. I do believe Nick Saban might be the only active coach ever to have a statue put up before he’s retired and they did that like five years ago. And good luck talking any football outside of the SEC with them. It really does get a bit annoying at times.

If the USA is truly a couple months ahead of schedule and everyone could get the Vaccine sometime in May if not before... no reason full stadiums can't happen by September. Baseball likely be the first measure... the sooner MLB gets back to full stadiums the better it bodes for fall football and everything else.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/skbaer/biden-vaccines-covid-may

tourist said:
Ursa Major said:

It sure does.

It explains why I wear a mask

It explains why I believe in science

It explains why I’ll take the advice of experts in a field seriously.

It explains why I don’t believe that the press is the ‘enemy of the people’.

It explains why I understand how vital a strong and free press is in a democracy.

It explains why I understand the history and importance of the 4th Estate (look it up, I’ll wait) to the development of western civilization.

It explains why I didn’t believe bogus lies and conspiracy theories about an election.

It also explains why I didn’t join a mob or defecate in our nation’s Capitol Building on January 6th.

It explains why I don’t believe in QAnon or that Trump will become the ‘17th President’ tomorrow.

It’s why I will trust a Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist’s article over a Facebook post by a guy named Stew from Sioux Falls.

Ursa Major said:
tourist said:

It sure does.

It explains why I wear a mask

It explains why I believe in science

It explains why I’ll take the advice of experts in a field seriously.

It explains why I don’t believe that the press is the ‘enemy of the people’.

It explains why I understand how vital a strong and free press is in a democracy.

It explains why I understand the history and importance of the 4th Estate (look it up, I’ll wait) to the development of western civilization.

It explains why I didn’t believe bogus lies and conspiracy theories about an election.

It also explains why I didn’t join a mob or defecate in our nation’s Capitol Building on January 6th.

It explains why I don’t believe in QAnon or that Trump will become the ‘17th President’ tomorrow.

It’s why I will trust a Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist’s article over a Facebook post by a guy named Stew from Sioux Falls.

"It's all them Got damned Californy people is what it is."
-Stew from Sioux Falls

More of a thick soup than a name, really.

Back