• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Players No Longer on GoGriz.com Roster

ilovethecats said:
reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
5 carries for Turner after Oct. 5, in 8 games, is your idea of "prime time"? Don't think so.

Eastwood came in before Turner against Weber in regular season. So, in that game, Eastwood was the no. 3 back. Vice versa for SE La.

Well good for him.

During Eastwood's 1st season, I made no bones about what I thought of Eastwood as RB for the Griz. AZ discussed this matter with me many times. So, why I didn't believe he was a good fit for the Griz, I wish all the best to him at whatever he moves into. Blaming the kid for the fumble against' the Cats is plain wrong, that fumble belonged to every person on the Offense and the coaching staff!

As a Cats fan I obviously LOVED the outcome of the game. One of the most fun I've ever had in that stadium.

However, that game should have NEVER gotten to that point in the first place. To lay the blame on a single kid in that situation is asinine. It took many mistakes by other players and your coaches as well as good plays by our coaches and players to even have a chance in that one.

Always found it interesting how so many piled on your young RB for fumbling, but still considered your QB the greatest thing since sliced bread even though he did the exact same thing. The momentum his fumble gave the Cats was huge at that point.

I guess it just shows that despite all of us watching the same game, we view it differently. Some truly believe the only play that matters is the last one. I don't look at sports that way.

The play itself should’ve never happened after the Griz won the game. Choach’s extremely late timeout call tricking the refs into extending a game that was over put 22 kids in danger, and was a very selfish, classless move. That’s what happens when coaches get big heads and “win at all costs” mentalities and forget about the integrity of their programs.

ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:
lost all his teammates after that. A couple of them physically went after him in the tunnel after the game and had to be restrained from fighting him.

Man, rivalry aside, that would be just terrible if true. Doesn't speak well for those specific teammates if that really occurred. Win as a team LOSE as a team...

I would think Hauck would have been very unhappy, if he or the coaches heard about something like that. I would kick something who did that off the team. That's why I don't believe it. It would have been well after the end of the game when the players went into the tunnel. Everyone would have known that Eastwood was only partially responsible for that play.

PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:
Dutch Lane said:
retiredpopo said:
If not for that critical fumble, I have to wonder what might have been different for him as a Griz. Hope he finds a good fit somewhere. Be something if he and GJ end up on same team.
Yes that fumble against the cats really crushed his chances. He was not really respected by his teammates last season because they all knew Calhoun, who they practiced with every day, should have been playing as the feature back after his suspension but we all know how that turned out. He was thrown into a no win situation with his teammates by Hauck by displacing a very popular veteran, plus he was stuck trying to run behind a really bad oline as a freshman. And that fumble, I never saw anyone speak about this here, but I think he lost all his teammates after that. A couple of them physically went after him in the tunnel after the game and had to be restrained from fighting him. A relative of mine was in that tunnel last year told me about the incident at dinner that night. He was scapegoated by the team after that really too bad for him. After scoring easily on the play and then the do over where he got blasted in the backfield before he even had a chance to secure the ball because half the oline whiffed on their blocks. I really felt bad for him and hope he lands where he wants. Good luck to him.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwje3-aNxqvnAhXMZs0KHTUPAGwQwqsBMAB6BAgKEAQ&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov
I can buy your story. Not saying Eastwood isn't a good kid , but when your season ends the way it ended in that game alot of emotions run wild.
If people think everybody likes everybody else in a locker room when you have so many people from different back rounds your nuts.
Just doesn't happen, it doesn't make them bad people, just how it goes. Not everybody likes everybody else.

How many college football games did you play?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/nfl-fights-teammates-geno-smith-damontre-moore-terrell-owens-roger-staubach-bill-romanowski/1iq9lrozlgls01j336s0wh7iar&ved=2ahUKEwjm7ev306znAhXMW80KHbRTAs4QFjAGegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3rd01eJrqT2kxkPhrOr2PL&cshid=1580433109161

braves84 said:
Dutch Lane said:
retiredpopo said:
If not for that critical fumble, I have to wonder what might have been different for him as a Griz. Hope he finds a good fit somewhere. Be something if he and GJ end up on same team.
Yes that fumble against the cats really crushed his chances. He was not really respected by his teammates last season because they all knew Calhoun, who they practiced with every day, should have been playing as the feature back after his suspension but we all know how that turned out. He was thrown into a no win situation with his teammates by Hauck by displacing a very popular veteran, plus he was stuck trying to run behind a really bad oline as a freshman. And that fumble, I never saw anyone speak about this here, but I think he lost all his teammates after that. A couple of them physically went after him in the tunnel after the game and had to be restrained from fighting him. A relative of mine was in that tunnel last year told me about the incident at dinner that night. He was scapegoated by the team after that really too bad for him. After scoring easily on the play and then the do over where he got blasted in the backfield before he even had a chance to secure the ball because half the oline whiffed on their blocks. I really felt bad for him and hope he lands where he wants. Good luck to him.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwje3-aNxqvnAhXMZs0KHTUPAGwQwqsBMAB6BAgKEAQ&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov
I can buy your story. Not saying Eastwood isn't a good kid , but when your season ends the way it ended in that game alot of emotions run wild.
If people think everybody likes everybody else in a locker room when you have so many people from different back rounds your nuts.
Just doesn't happen, it doesn't make them bad people, just how it goes. Not everybody likes everybody else.

It’s not a story, rather it’s fact I didn’t disclose it last year because I didn’t think it was fair to him but because he has decided to leave it is relevant to the discussion. He is a great kid from all accounts and you are right when the season ends and the playoffs slipped away on a gimme from the one yard line against the cats emotions were running extremely high. Justin Calhoun was the first guy to push Eastwood up against the wall in the tunnel before he was restrained by other teammates where it then carried over into the locker-room with some disappointed seniors who realized they just played their last game of college football. This also carried over in to spring ball and this past season with the majority of his teammates. I agree there are factions in all team sports at least the ones I played on. I think you were spot on that not everyone in a locker room likes each other except in PRs fantasy Ivy League world.

Really wasn’t Eastwood’s fault but in the heat of the moment, prior to having the chance to review the film, some of his teammates took out there disappointment and frustration on him, it happens regardless of PRs nonsense and bloviating. Why do you think he’s leaving? The main reason is no one in that locker room had his back after the fumble and he was ostracized this year by the majority of his teammates. Tough place to be for the next two years. I thought he had some strengths like catching the ball out of the backfield and was good at picking up blitzes and could make blocks. He seems like a smart kid who decided he had enough of being a scapegoat. I really do hope he can put it behind him and continues to play somewhere else if that’s what he wants. But I’m told he kind of lost the desire and is moving on. But you don’t have to take my nephew’s account of what happened in the tunnel and locker-room after that game, because there is always PRs take on everything Griz football to call bullshit on. Guy is really a trip. Lol.

Played in high school, and have friends who played at sdsu,ndsu, und and University of Montana all have told me about altercations between teammates, if you don't think it happens, well...that's on you.

Grizzlies1982 said:
ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:
lost all his teammates after that. A couple of them physically went after him in the tunnel after the game and had to be restrained from fighting him.

Man, rivalry aside, that would be just terrible if true. Doesn't speak well for those specific teammates if that really occurred. Win as a team LOSE as a team...

The poster, Dutch Lane, is just a BS troll. Cannot believe anything posted by him. :ugeek:
Really insightful post, way to really add some substance to the discussion at hand. You must have played the game like PR. :thumb:

braves84 said:
Dutch, my last post wasn't directed towards you.

I know, no worries. We had a kicker who blew an extra point which caused us to miss the playoffs, so yes I know what it looks like when a group of frustrated seniors irrationally take it out on one unfortunate teammate. It’s part of the game it’s part of sports it’s called being human and living in the moment, doesn’t make it right but it happens somewhere on teams all over the country year after year. :thumb:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/901992001&ved=2ahUKEwjnsOLW3KznAhVGbs0KHZELC18QFjAMegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2CQOV91E8PeI0p_eBmDGP3&ampcf=1&cshid=1580435486518

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:

I would think Hauck would have been very unhappy, if he or the coaches heard about something like that. I would kick something who did that off the team. That's why I don't believe it. It would have been well after the end of the game when the players went into the tunnel. Everyone would have known that Eastwood was only partially responsible for that play.
Smh I thought you claim to have played the game. So yeah all of his teammates pulled out their iPhones on their way to the locker room to review the fumble from different angles and in slow motion over and over and were all able to determine that but for the oline getting blown into the backfield it wasn’t really all Eastwood’s fault. Apparently Calhoun and most of the seniors didn’t have enough bars on their iPhones to pull in a decent signal. You have already admitted that you don’t have any intel on this one so why do you keep trying to spin it to fit your narrative of what Griz football should be? Didn’t they teach you that old adage in law school that it is better to be thought a fool and remain silent then to open your mouth and remove all doubt? You keep on being you though because you played the game. :thumb:

Dutch Lane said:
Jeremey Calhoun was the first guy to push Eastwood up against the wall in the tunnel before he was restrained by other teammates where it then carried over into the locker-room with some disappointed seniors who realized they just played their last game of college football.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeremy Calhoun wasn't on the team or in the stadium before, during, or after that game.

If you're gonna just make shit up, at least put some effort into it. :roll: :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
Dutch Lane said:
Jeremey Calhoun was the first guy to push Eastwood up against the wall in the tunnel before he was restrained by other teammates where it then carried over into the locker-room with some disappointed seniors who realized they just played their last game of college football.

Jeremy Calhoun wasn't on the team or in the stadium before, during, or after that game.

If you're gonna just make shit up, at least put some effort into it. :roll: :lol:
Fixed it. My bad mixed up first names it was his brother Justin the cb. Not making anything up, sorry if you are so offended by facts you don’t like. Its ok though you and PR can stay in your safe space up in the canyon club and pretend that all teammates love each other. You got good me though four whole :lol: that’s pretty aggressive I can see you mean business and an :roll: keep on being you little missy :thumb:

braves84 said:
PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:
Dutch Lane said:

How many college football games did you play?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/nfl-fights-teammates-geno-smith-damontre-moore-terrell-owens-roger-staubach-bill-romanowski/1iq9lrozlgls01j336s0wh7iar&ved=2ahUKEwjm7ev306znAhXMW80KHbRTAs4QFjAGegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3rd01eJrqT2kxkPhrOr2PL&cshid=1580433109161

UM is not like the NFL. Completely different. Your linking an NFL article truly shows that you never played the game and don't have a clue.

braves84 said:
Played in high school, and have friends who played at sdsu,ndsu, und and University of Montana all have told me about altercations between teammates, if you don't think it happens, well...that's on you.

As I thought, you never played the game and don't know what you're talking about. Altercations happen in practices, scrimmages, in bars, and at parties. Almost never on a sideline during or after a game or in a tunnel after a game. Had you played, you might have know that.

uofmman1122 said:
Dutch Lane said:

Jeremy Calhoun. Haha. Too bad Jeremy wasn't even on the team for the Cat game.

Ya, Dutch, you really have good info. What an idiot.

Dutch Lane said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:

Smh I thought you claim to have played the game. So yeah all of his teammates pulled out their iPhones on their way to the locker room to review the fumble from different angles and in slow motion over and over and were all able to determine that but for the oline getting blown into the backfield it wasn’t really all Eastwood’s fault. Apparently Calhoun and most of the seniors didn’t have enough bars on their iPhones to pull in a decent signal. You have already admitted that you don’t have any intel on this one so why do you keep trying to spin it to fit your narrative of what Griz football should be? Didn’t they teach you that old adage in law school that it is better to be thought a fool and remain silent then to open your mouth and remove all doubt? You keep on being you though because you played the game. :thumb:

Any player watching the play would have known what happened, i.e. the play had gotten blown up by a couple aggressive Cat d-lineman who hit Eastwood as he took the handoff.

Plus, your naming a supposed player in the tunnel who wasn't even on the team for that game. Too funny.

PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:

As I thought, you never played the game and don't know what you're talking about. Altercations happen in practices, scrimmages, in bars, and at parties. Almost never on a sideline during or after a game or in a tunnel after a game. Had you played, you might have know that.
Read the first sentence, I know it's hard.
Said all along not all teammates get along. I don't give two shits about your opinion. I Think it's funny to see you change your tune.

braves84 said:
PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:

Read the first sentence, I know it's hard.
Said all along not all teammates get along. I don't give two shits about your opinion. I Think it's funny to see you change your tune.

I haven't changed my tune in any respect. Of course, all teammates don't get along. But it would be highly unusual for college teammates, including UM teammates, do what Dutch said.

Plus, as I thought, you have never been a teammate in a tunnel after a college football game, and have no clue what goes on with teammates after games. Your source is friends who played college football who have said that sometimes teammates don't get along. Well, duh.

I don't care what you think about what I am pointing out. I am pointing it out to show everyone else on the board that you don't know what you're talking about, generally. You are wrong or off base on most of the topics you get involved with.

Sorry, but playing in high school is not the same as playing college. Funny that you think they are equivalent.

Grizzlies1982 said:
ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:

The poster, Dutch Lane, is just a BS troll. Cannot believe anything posted by him. :ugeek:
Personally I skip over everyone of his posts!

PlayerRep said:
uofmman1122 said:
Dutch Lane said:

Jeremy Calhoun. Haha. Too bad Jeremy wasn't even on the team for the Cat game.

Ya, Dutch, you really have good info. What an idiot.

I saw Adam probably 30 minutes after that game and to say he was devastated is an understatement. I have never felt more badly for an athlete in my life. Dutch, that's quite a story about Calhoun getting after him. We know Adam through another good friend. I will be sure to ask him all about it.

Back