• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Players No Longer on GoGriz.com Roster

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
A player who is recruited to San Diego St. and then starts at UM the next year, getting 514 yards and 9 TD's, averaging 4.1 per carry, is a D-I back by definition. He averaged 5.2 yards in 22 carries and had I TD this season.

Ostmo averaged 3.8 per carry. Turner had 105 yards and I TD this season. Are they not D-I backs?

You never played the gamers should stick to a sport you know something about.

Eastwood may not be good enough for you. He wasn't a starter this year after the first game or two, but he was a D-I back.

I assume he wants to go somewhere where he will play more, or maybe just retire. Good luck to him.

Turner's probably not the guy you want to compare him to. He (Turner) averaged 6.2 ypc. With zero fumbles.

Actually, he is. Turner didn't start and didn't get hardly any production in 2019, especially compared to Eastwood the prior year. Both in their frosh season. Again, is Turner a D-I back, and Eastwood isn't?

Eastwood's Frosh season he didn't have a Marcus Knight to compete with. Turner got 10 less yards than Eastwood in 2019 on 5 less carries and played in four less games. And again, with zero fumbles. I'll take Turner all day and twice on Sundays.

Maybe you will take Turner, but will he ever start for UM? Was Turner coming in before Eastwood at end of the season?

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Turner's probably not the guy you want to compare him to. He (Turner) averaged 6.2 ypc. With zero fumbles.

Actually, he is. Turner didn't start and didn't get hardly any production in 2019, especially compared to Eastwood the prior year. Both in their frosh season. Again, is Turner a D-I back, and Eastwood isn't?

Eastwood's Frosh season he didn't have a Marcus Knight to compete with. Turner got 10 less yards than Eastwood in 2019 on 5 less carries and played in four less games. And again, with zero fumbles. I'll take Turner all day and twice on Sundays.

Maybe you will take Turner, but will he ever start for UM? Was Turner coming in before Eastwood at end of the season?

Turner was #3 back after game #1. He was playing in prime time in games. Eastwood got the remaining 14 carries that year in garbage time.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Turner was #3 back after game #1. He was playing in prime time in games. Eastwood got the remaining 14 carries that year in garbage time.

Turner had no receptions for the year. Had 5 carries for 15 yards in last 7 games.

Eastwood was 9-25 in last 7 games.

retiredpopo said:
If not for that critical fumble, I have to wonder what might have been different for him as a Griz. Hope he finds a good fit somewhere. Be something if he and GJ end up on same team.
Yes that fumble against the cats really crushed his chances. He was not really respected by his teammates last season because they all knew Calhoun, who they practiced with every day, should have been playing as the feature back after his suspension but we all know how that turned out. He was thrown into a no win situation with his teammates by Hauck by displacing a very popular veteran, plus he was stuck trying to run behind a really bad oline as a freshman. And that fumble, I never saw anyone speak about this here, but I think he lost all his teammates after that. A couple of them physically went after him in the tunnel after the game and had to be restrained from fighting him. A relative of mine was in that tunnel last year told me about the incident at dinner that night. He was scapegoated by the team after that really too bad for him. After scoring easily on the play and then the do over where he got blasted in the backfield before he even had a chance to secure the ball because half the oline whiffed on their blocks. I really felt bad for him and hope he lands where he wants. Good luck to him.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

5 carries for Turner after Oct. 5, in 8 games, is your idea of "prime time"? Don't think so.

Eastwood came in before Turner against Weber in regular season. So, in that game, Eastwood was the no. 3 back. Vice versa for SE La.

Dutch Lane said:
retiredpopo said:
If not for that critical fumble, I have to wonder what might have been different for him as a Griz. Hope he finds a good fit somewhere. Be something if he and GJ end up on same team.
Yes that fumble against the cats really crushed his chances. He was not really respected by his teammates last season because they all knew Calhoun, who they practiced with every day, should have been playing as the feature back after his suspension but we all know how that turned out. He was thrown into a no win situation with his teammates by Hauck by displacing a very popular veteran, plus he was stuck trying to run behind a really bad oline as a freshman. And that fumble, I never saw anyone speak about this here, but I think he lost all his teammates after that. A couple of them physically went after him in the tunnel after the game and had to be restrained from fighting him. A relative of mine was in that tunnel last year told me about the incident at dinner that night. He was scapegoated by the team after that really too bad for him. After scoring easily on the play and then the do over where he got blasted in the backfield before he even had a chance to secure the ball because half the oline whiffed on their blocks. I really felt bad for him and hope he lands where he wants. Good luck to him.

Sorry, but I don't believe anything you just posted. I call BS on your post. No UM player would go after a teammate after that fumble, which was more the fault of the line and the play, than Eastwood.

While I don't know, my guess is that the team liked and respected Eastwood. He is apparently a great guy.

The team knew Calhoun's situation and Calhoun. Even if they felt Hauck should have let Calhoun play earlier, they wouldn't have held Hauck's decision against Eastwood.

Can't imagine you ever played the game, or got on the field. If you are a lawyer, you are probably a shitty one too.

Dutch Lane said:
retiredpopo said:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwje3-aNxqvnAhXMZs0KHTUPAGwQwqsBMAB6BAgKEAQ&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov
I can buy your story. Not saying Eastwood isn't a good kid , but when your season ends the way it ended in that game alot of emotions run wild.
If people think everybody likes everybody else in a locker room when you have so many people from different back rounds your nuts.
Just doesn't happen, it doesn't make them bad people, just how it goes. Not everybody likes everybody else.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

5 carries for Turner after Oct. 5, in 8 games, is your idea of "prime time"? Don't think so.

Eastwood came in before Turner against Weber in regular season. So, in that game, Eastwood was the no. 3 back. Vice versa for SE La.

Well good for him.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Well good for him.

During Eastwood's 1st season, I made no bones about what I thought of Eastwood as RB for the Griz. AZ discussed this matter with me many times. So, why I didn't believe he was a good fit for the Griz, I wish all the best to him at whatever he moves into. Blaming the kid for the fumble against' the Cats is plain wrong, that fumble belonged to every person on the Offense and the coaching staff!

reinell30 said:
During Eastwood's 1st season, I made no bones about what I thought of Eastwood as RB for the Griz. AZ discussed this matter with me many times. So, why I didn't believe he was a good fit for the Griz, I wish all the best to him at whatever he moves into. Blaming the kid for the fumble against' the Cats is plain wrong, that fumble belonged to every person on the Offense and the coaching staff!
You are right; he should not be blamed for the fumble. It happened to him.

kemajic said:
reinell30 said:
You are right; he should not be blamed for the fumble. It happened to him.

If the OC changes the play, if the center and left Guard block their man, if Sneed threw the ball, if the rabbit wouldn't have stopped to shit the dog wouldn't have caught him....It happened to him for many reasons...

reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well good for him.

As a Cats fan I obviously LOVED the outcome of the game. One of the most fun I've ever had in that stadium.

However, that game should have NEVER gotten to that point in the first place. To lay the blame on a single kid in that situation is asinine. It took many mistakes by other players and your coaches as well as good plays by our coaches and players to even have a chance in that one.

Always found it interesting how so many piled on your young RB for fumbling, but still considered your QB the greatest thing since sliced bread even though he did the exact same thing. The momentum his fumble gave the Cats was huge at that point.

I guess it just shows that despite all of us watching the same game, we view it differently. Some truly believe the only play that matters is the last one. I don't look at sports that way.

ilovethecats said:
reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Well good for him.

As a Cats fan I obviously LOVED the outcome of the game. One of the most fun I've ever had in that stadium.

However, that game should have NEVER gotten to that point in the first place. To lay the blame on a single kid in that situation is asinine. It took many mistakes by other players and your coaches as well as good plays by our coaches and players to even have a chance in that one.

Always found it interesting how so many piled on your young RB for fumbling, but still considered your QB the greatest thing since sliced bread even though he did the exact same thing. The momentum his fumble gave the Cats was huge at that point.

I guess it just shows that despite all of us watching the same game, we view it differently. Some truly believe the only play that matters is the last one. I don't look at sports that way.

Well said!

ilovethecats said:

YOU'RE DAMNED RIGHT IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN TO THAT POINT!!!! CHOAD'S ILLEGAL TIMEOUT COST US THE GAME WHEN EASTWOOD RAN IT IN THE FIRST TIME!!!!! DAMNED BIG SKY REFS DON'T KNOW THEIR ASS FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND!!! SHOULD HAVE NEV....

what's that?

Oh, I'm sorry. Nurse says I need to go take my meds now. :oops: :oops: :oops:

braves84 said:
Dutch Lane said:
retiredpopo said:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwje3-aNxqvnAhXMZs0KHTUPAGwQwqsBMAB6BAgKEAQ&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov
I can buy your story. Not saying Eastwood isn't a good kid , but when your season ends the way it ended in that game alot of emotions run wild.
If people think everybody likes everybody else in a locker room when you have so many people from different back rounds your nuts.
Just doesn't happen, it doesn't make them bad people, just how it goes. Not everybody likes everybody else.

How many college football games did you play?

Dutch Lane said:
lost all his teammates after that. A couple of them physically went after him in the tunnel after the game and had to be restrained from fighting him.

Man, rivalry aside, that would be just terrible if true. Doesn't speak well for those specific teammates if that really occurred. Win as a team LOSE as a team...

ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:
lost all his teammates after that. A couple of them physically went after him in the tunnel after the game and had to be restrained from fighting him.

Man, rivalry aside, that would be just terrible if true. Doesn't speak well for those specific teammates if that really occurred. Win as a team LOSE as a team...

Yeah, there were two players that grabbed Adam and said, " you silly boy, why did you do that, we will have to take away your milk and cookies."

ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:

The poster, Dutch Lane, is just a BS troll. Cannot believe anything posted by him. :ugeek:

Back