• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Players No Longer on GoGriz.com Roster

grizfan1984 said:
66volvo said:
Back on topic, whatever happened to the tall (6'7" ?) WR from central Montana (Conrad, Fairfield, Choteau?) whose dad played for the GRIZ. Don't remember his name and don't know if he is still in school.

Colton Curry? He is still on the roster as a TE #86 I believe

at 6'7' 220 pounds, I would think he as a lot of weight room and eating to do, in order to play t/e....other t/e come in around 240-245....in bobby's scheme, they must block down on tackles as well as catch passes.

krammer said:
grizfan1984 said:
66volvo said:
Back on topic, whatever happened to the tall (6'7" ?) WR from central Montana (Conrad, Fairfield, Choteau?) whose dad played for the GRIZ. Don't remember his name and don't know if he is still in school.

at 6'7' 220 pounds, I would think he as a lot of weight room and eating to do, in order to play t/e....other t/e come in around 240-245....in bobby's scheme, they must block down on tackles as well as catch passes.
Leverage from blocking downhill with that height and wingspan can offset weight. He may be the fastest TE out there and doesn't want to lose that either.

It’s likely just me, but I do recall seeing Curry dressed & having played in one or more home games last season. Looks like a boatload of talented tight ends on this roster.

bgbigdog said:
It’s likely just me, but I do recall seeing Curry dressed & having played in one or more home games last season. Looks like a boatload of talented tight ends on this roster.
He played in the N. Alabama game; no stats.

bgbigdog said:

Lock him in the Champions Center with a feed bag around his neck for another year. He's a project with huge potential.

kemajic said:
krammer said:
grizfan1984 said:
66volvo said:

Leverage from blocking downhill with that height and wingspan can offset weight. He may be the fastest TE out there and doesn't want to lose that either.

could be right....would make a heck of an option in goal line situations too...

Dutch Lane said:
Is tight end coach Jace Schillinger still with the program? Was told he is moving on maybe to Idaho State. Anyone else have anything on this development? Thanks :thumb:

Well, as it turns out you were half right. He's gone, but to the private sector.

https://gogriz.com/news/2020/3/2/football-hauck-adds-bryce-erickson-to-grizzly-coaching-staff.aspx

University of Montana head football coach Bobby Hauck has brought in another assistant with local connections and a lifetime of experience to his staff with the addition of Bryce Erickson, who will coach the Grizzlies' tight ends.

Erickson, the son of College Football Hall of Fame head coach Dennis Erickson, comes to Missoula after serving as the head coach at Lake City High School in Coeur d'Alene for the past three seasons and more than a decade in the college ranks prior to that.

Before he became a high school head coach, Erickson worked as the quarterbacks' coach at the University of Idaho, running backs coach at Arizona State, and offensive coordinator at New Mexico Highlands in a coaching career spanning 15 years.

Erickson replaces former UM tight ends coach Jace Schillinger, who recently accepted a new position in the private sector.

braves84 said:
go96griz said:
PlayerRep said:
uofmman1122 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeremy Calhoun wasn't on the team or in the stadium before, during, or after that game.

If you're gonna just make shit up, at least put some effort into it. :roll: :lol:

Jeremy Calhoun. Haha. Too bad Jeremy wasn't even on the team for the Cat game.

Ya, Dutch, you really have good info. What an idiot.

I saw Adam probably 30 minutes after that game and to say he was devastated is an understatement. I have never felt more badly for an athlete in my life. Dutch, that's quite a story about Calhoun getting after him. We know Adam through another good friend. I will be sure to ask him all about it.
Good, while you are at it ask him where he is going next, and post it here. Will be waiting.👍
So what did he say about the incident with calhoun., What are his plans for next year? Waiting...

braves84 said:
braves84 said:
go96griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Jeremy Calhoun. Haha. Too bad Jeremy wasn't even on the team for the Cat game.

Ya, Dutch, you really have good info. What an idiot.

I saw Adam probably 30 minutes after that game and to say he was devastated is an understatement. I have never felt more badly for an athlete in my life. Dutch, that's quite a story about Calhoun getting after him. We know Adam through another good friend. I will be sure to ask him all about it.
Good, while you are at it ask him where he is going next, and post it here. Will be waiting.👍
So what did he say about the incident with calhoun., What are his plans for next year? Waiting...

He retired from football plans to graduate next year from the um. :thumb:

Dutch Lane said:
braves84 said:
braves84 said:
go96griz said:

He retired from football plans to graduate next year from the um. :thumb:

Sorry, braves84 - this is my busy season and I don't have as much time to play here. I literally spoke to him a week and a half ago after Emma's last home basketball game. He retired from football and plans to finish school at UM. Not sure why you're such a douche, but I noted it for the future.

Back