• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Offense

Griz Addict said:
I don't think he's bad. His throwing and decision making is suspect but, he does manage the game well. He gets too run happy for me, especially when there are wide open receivers. I do think if we didn't have the defense that we do have aka if it was an average big sky defense, we would be 0-3. If we got into shoot outs, I don't think we would win.

Exactly what happened when we got into a shoot out..

GrizTexas said:
Plainsman said:
We do have a quarterback that can make that throw--the one WHO DID. Brown sat on the bench for all but the last few seconds of the game, Yet he came in and threw critical completions in the face of pressure that our O line, bless their non DOLA hearts, couldn't stop at the most crucial time of the game. That pass into the end zone, from far behind the line of scrimmage, while running for his life, was right in Grossman's hands. No real excuse for that not being a game winning pass and catch. Whether Brown succeeds going forward remains to be seen but his brief performance last night in crunch time was exceptional.

Brown has an exceptional arm, he certainly looks the part and only time will tell if he has the maturity to lead a senior laden team. Everyone needs to get off Cam's back, kid plays like a Griz lots of heart and no quit! The whole team plays that way and I for one am looking forward to the next time this year when we play Eastern and avenge this loss with a playoff win! Let's not forget we're pretty banged up at RB, several other key contributors went down to injuries we had several key mental lapses that aren't typical for the Griz. I think we get stronger, rally around whomever is behind center and fix all the stuff we can and move on from what we can't. Proud to be a Griz and can't wait for the next time I get to cheer them on at home! All of them!

He does play with heart and he cares a lot. Sometimes it's just not enough though.

I keep reading Brown is a "red shirt" freshman, which, in my experience, is a sophomore, at least. He is experienced and showed it. Things might look bleak now, but UM will be fine. Tough games at Idaho, NAU, and home against MSU are the real challenges. there are upsets and injuries on every team.

HelenaHandBasket said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I said that EWU has a better, more explosive offense than Washington. I didn't say EWU was better than UDub. I think the Griz win, but they will have to score in the 30s, because EWU is going to score some point. To score in the 30s, the offense will have to play better than last week. I said that there will be tight sphincters because I think this game will be closer than many of the predicted scores that I have seen. So pull your head out of your ass and quit assuming shit.

BUMP
Helena you were correct. I still am a huge Cam fan and hope Brown kills it. However the offense needs to open up and take some chances no matter who is at QB if the Griz want to stay with NAU and the cats. No reason they should not have been able to move the ball like they did to start the third quarter. Prevent offense will not work.

Mavman said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Helena you were correct. I still am a huge Cam fan and hope Brown kills it. However the offense needs to open up and take some chances no matter who is at QB if the Griz want to stay with NAU and the cats. No reason they should not have been able to move the ball like they did to start the third quarter. Prevent offense will not work.

I am not a Cam hater, but the Griz offense has just struggled, whether it be inconsistency from the QB or lack of execution by the OL or whatever. It is something that needs to be addressed for this team to take the next step.

How did Childs get hurt at practice last week, was is a contact injury or a non-contact one?

HelenaHandBasket said:
Mavman said:

I am not a Cam hater, but the Griz offense has just struggled, whether it be inconsistency from the QB or lack of execution by the OL or whatever. It is something that needs to be addressed for this team to take the next step.

Could it be playcalling,o-line and QB play??

Mavman said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Yes
Yes
Yes

And add “the inability for the WR’s to create any separation, thus making every throw a dangerous one.”

Mavman said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I think all of them are a big snowball, and if one of them made some strides it would help the others out. I think the thing that could help the most is more consistency in the pass game, keep defenses from packing the box.

I just can't get my head around some of the play calling. Cam has heart but his read option run threat was non existent. Why are so few slants, bubble screens etc being used? With that many in the box seems it leaves those options more appealing and gets ball out faster to help QB as well. It was apparent they could not run it down their throat (first down run gains were very poor most of the time) yet kept going there against a stacked box on first down. Bobby stated how well the EWU defense played....maybe it was more of t looking good when offense doesn't adjust to what defense is doing. First drive after half was so much better variety then they regressed back into what one poster termed "prevent offense" . Time of possession was ok, but when you look at numbers of plays run it was no wonder the defense was gassed. EWU also exploited the blitzing with some big runs later in the game, rolled out theirQB and he ran instead of staying in pocket ... that's what a good offensive staffs do....adjust

Back