• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Offense

Cam makes some absolutely incredible throws that most quarterbacks in the big sky cannot even make. He has a cannon and he really can throw it from opposite hash to sideline w ease. But I must admit he definitely holds onto the ball a little longer than I would like to see sometimes and he definitely forces the ball into some coverages that I’d rather see him not do

With that said, he doesn’t get sacked a lot and he doesn’t turn the ball over a lot and as long as he play smart and manages the game well he could take this team very far. Our defense alone will have us in every game.

HookedonGriz said:
Cam makes some absolutely incredible throws that most quarterbacks in the big sky cannot even make. He has a cannon and he really can throw it from opposite hash to sideline w ease. But I must admit he definitely holds onto the ball a little longer than I would like to see sometimes and he definitely forces the ball into some coverages that I’d rather see him not do

With that said, he doesn’t get sacked a lot and he doesn’t turn the ball over a lot and as long as he play smart and manages the game well he could take this team very far. Our defense alone will have us in every game.
This! Cam will be just fine moving forward.

HookedonGriz said:

Have you watched the other teams even play? He's not even a top 5 big sky qb. I'd take UNCs McCaffrey over him.

I don't think he's bad. His throwing and decision making is suspect but, he does manage the game well. He gets too run happy for me, especially when there are wide open receivers. I do think if we didn't have the defense that we do have aka if it was an average big sky defense, we would be 0-3. If we got into shoot outs, I don't think we would win.

Griz Addict said:
I don't think he's bad. His throwing and decision making is suspect but, he does manage the game well. He gets too run happy for me, especially when there are wide open receivers. I do think if we didn't have the defense that we do have aka if it was an average big sky defense, we would be 0-3. If we got into shoot outs, I don't think we would win.

If and what. But, we’re 3-0.

Griz Addict said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Offense is hamstrung by the QB. There are open receivers but the ball is thrown into triple coverage. The coaches think that cam is the best option for now, so he must be, but that is where the problem lies. The running game is good, the receivers are getting open, the line is protecting the QB and yet the ball is overthrown, underthrown, or isn’t thrown to the open receivers. I’ll now get crucified for saying so but I was there and witnessed it.

Unfortunately we don't have a legit starting D1 QB. Cam is a solid back up. Our defense will carry us. Good thing defenses win championships. With how good they are, we don't need a great offense. If we had a qb though, man watch out. It's too bad.

Agreed! Here’s to hoping Rosie can coach him up and get through those reads a little quicker.

This is a tough crowd. Cam did great!

QB rating: 165.2
15 of 24
CMP%: 62.5
PASS YARDS: 215
AVG: 9.0
Long: 65
TDs: 2
INTs: 0

Most importantly, 32 point blowout with QB2 getting time.

I like the comparisons to Johnny Montana, but I think Cam looks more like Andrew Selle. Cam can throw darts like Selle, and seems more accurate than Johnny MT.

Griz Addict said:

That's quite the leap.....

:clap:
garizzalies said:

15 of 24

I like the comparisons to Johnny Montana, but I think Cam looks more like Andrew Selle. Cam can throw darts like Selle, and seems more accurate than Johnny MT.
:clap:

garizzalies said:

15 of 24

He throws a nice deep ball. He needs to get the ball out quicker on the medium type out routes. Tends to wait too long instead of throwing it before the break by the receiver. They end up waiting on it and it lets the D close on an open guy. He should be able to get more decisive and should be fine with his arm strength. He'll need to improve if they want to get deep into the post season. No reason he can't.

Griz til I die said:
I didn’t think Cam was that bad today. I didn’t think the oline played worth a damn and we had way too many penalties that stalled drives. The only bad throw I really thought he had today was on the deep shot to Flowers. Other then that I thought he was fine. He was running for his life in the first half.

I don't know about the whole o-line but our Center #57 Forbes didn't play worth a damn at least. I think in a 3-play sequence he had 2 holding penalties and the other play Harris? got stuffed right up the middle for a 4? yard loss. I didn't really notice the O-line play besides that drive.

Wow, is it 2007? We truly are back if we're back to bitching about our offense in a 32-point blowout. :lol:

That said, yeah. Cam looked a little off today. His off days aren't losing us games, though. Let's hope he's sharp next weekend. :thumb:

uofmman1122 said:
Wow, is it 2007? We truly are back if we're back to bitching about our offense in a 32-point blowout. :lol:

That said, yeah. Cam looked a little off today. His off days aren't losing us games, though. Let's hope he's sharp next weekend. :thumb:
Take away the defensive scores though.. our offense didn't look that good and against a poor cal poly team.

Griz Addict said:
uofmman1122 said:

Take away the defensive scores though.. our offense didn't look that good and against a poor cal poly team.
Should we give them to Cal Poly while we're at it? :lol:

You're right. Hopefully we figure it out this week.

Back