• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

obvious difference between jmu, ndsu and the rest of the field

go96griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
go96griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
I think the biggest difference between NDSU and the rest of the field is this...

Brock Jensen
Carson Wentz
Easton Stick
Trey Lance

The highest drafted FCS player of all time stuck between arguably the #1 and #2 greatest FCS QB's of all time and a redshirt freshman QB who is leading the FCS in passer rating, has turned the ball over one time all year (lost fumble on the 16th play of his first game) against 41 total TD's.

Most FCS teams would kill to have just one QB as good as these guys have been in the course of a decade, and NDSU has had 4 in a row.

With all due respect, before you build your Mt. Rushmore of all-time FCS QBs you better include Dave Dickenson.

Dave Dickenson was a heck of an FCS QB, but he's nowhere near the Mt. Rushmore of all-time FCS QB's.

Brock Jenson
Armani Edwards
Easton Stick
Steve McNair

You should at least take the time to know the Dave's stats don't include playoff numbers. He is head and shoulders above when you see that. Not an apples to apples comparison today because of the arbitrary rule that prior to early 2000s playoff stats were not included in career stats.

I never said he isn't one of the best FCS QB's of all time, I'm just saying he isn't on Mt. Rushmore. Not even close to the same category as Edwards, Stick and Jensen when it comes to wins and rings. McNair is in another category when it comes to stats, talent, accolades (third in the Heisman voting as an FCS QB) etc.

He is a top 10 FCS QB of all time. Top 4? No freaking way.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Jensen and Stick on the list. :lol: :lol:
Not even a f***[*] sniff for those two.

Sorry dude. Too many wins and rings between those two to leave them off the list.

To be honest, it really isn't even close. They are the greatest winners in FCS history.

Those two just don’t/didn’t have the talent to be on the list. Not even close. Good at handing off, but didn’t have the talent.

Well at the end of the day, Easton Stick won more football games, more FCS championships and actually made it to the NFL via the draft....so....

The list I made isn't about talent though. Tim Tebow is one of the greatest FBS QB's of all time. Andrew Luck was arguably the most talented FBS QB of all time, but he isn't even in the discussion of greatest FBS QB's of all time.

If you are going to build a Mt. Rushmore off of talent, Dave Dickenson isn't even close to that list as well.

Steve McNair
Carson Wentz
Tony Romo
Jimmy Garappolo

Wentz, haha! The ginger who has pisses down his leg 70% of the time. Simms, Doug Williams, Dickenson, and Flacco belong on the list well before that draft day mistake.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Sorry dude. Too many wins and rings between those two to leave them off the list.

To be honest, it really isn't even close. They are the greatest winners in FCS history.

Those two just don’t/didn’t have the talent to be on the list. Not even close. Good at handing off, but didn’t have the talent.

Well at the end of the day, Easton Stick won more football games, more FCS championships and actually made it to the NFL via the draft....so....

The list I made isn't about talent though. Tim Tebow is one of the greatest FBS QB's of all time. Andrew Luck was arguably the most talented FBS QB of all time, but he isn't even in the discussion of greatest FBS QB's of all time.

If you are going to build a Mt. Rushmore off of talent, Dave Dickenson isn't even close to that list as well.

Steve McNair
Carson Wentz
Tony Romo
Jimmy Garappolo

Wentz, haha! The ginger who has pisses down his leg 70% of the time. Simms, Doug Williams, Dickenson, and Flacco belong on the list well before that draft day mistake.

Yes for some reason I am going to put a guy who was drafted #2 in the NFL draft, owns the NFL record for most completions in a season as a rookie, has made a pro bowl, set franchise records for TD passes in a season etc. over a midget who never threw a football, let alone take a snap, in an NFL game.

FYI, your boy Jared Goff is looking awesome this year with that 19/16 TD to INT ratio lol.

PlayerRep said:
Anybody ever hear of Joe Flacco, Tomy Romo, Steve McNair or Doug Williams?

Yep I have. They were all more talented QB's than Dave Dickenson.

Doug Williams won a super bowl, but he's not as talented as Carson Wentz or Jimmy G. The guy had a career completion percentage under 50% and a 69 QB rating.

Phil Simms is on that list ahead of Doug Williams. He didn't have a great college career due to the horrible teams he played on, but he was more talented.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Steve McNair
Carson Wentz
Tony Romo
Jimmy Garappolo

Yes for some reason I am going to put a guy who was drafted #2 in the NFL draft, owns the NFL record for most completions in a season as a rookie, has made a pro bowl, set franchise records for TD passes in a season etc. over a midget who never threw a football, let alone take a snap, in an NFL game.

FYI, your boy Jared Goff is looking awesome this year with that 19/16 TD to INT ratio lol.

Wentz is a joke and MVFPCFP soft. He’s hurt all the time, and the town fucking hates him. The only good thing he ever did was get hurt so Foles could win Super Bowl MVP. The great thing is: Bizon fans simply can’t handle it if someone has a different opinion. It’s like they’re all six years old! Haha!

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

Doug Williams won a super bowl, but he's not as talented as Carson Wentz or Jimmy G. The guy had a career completion percentage under 50% and a 69 QB rating.

Phil Simms is on that list ahead of Doug Williams. He didn't have a great college career due to the horrible teams he played on, but he was more talented.

Vents isn’t a talented QB by NFL standards, and he breaks a bone every time he gets tackled. Sorry bout it.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Steve McNair
Carson Wentz
Tony Romo
Jimmy Garappolo

Wentz is a joke and MVFPCFP soft. He’s hurt all the time, and the town f***[*] hates him. The only good thing he ever did was get hurt so Foles could win Super Bowl MVP. The great thing is: Bizon fans simply can’t handle it if someone has a different opinion. It’s like they’re all six years old! Haha!

LOL.....Jesus Christ himself could rise from the dead, and the town of Philly would boo him.

I get that you have a hard on for your boy Dickenson, but face it dude. The guy never had the talent to be an NFL player. I kind of place him in the level of a Bo Levi Mitchell. Both won 1 time on the main stage, won the Payton and had good CFL careers.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

Vents isn’t a talented QB by NFL standards, and he breaks a bone every time he gets tackled. Sorry bout it.

Eh.... guy is a multi-millionaire, won multiple championships in college, owns NFL and franchise records, has a super bowl ring and runs an awesome charity. He's doing alright for himself.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

Eh.... guy is a multi-millionaire, won multiple championships in college, owns NFL and franchise records, has a super bowl ring and runs an awesome charity. He's doing alright for himself.

Doesn’t make him a good QB. That’s all. He has a ring because Foles got it done when Ventz was....wait for it....hurt, again.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Wentz is a joke and MVFPCFP soft. He’s hurt all the time, and the town f***[*] hates him. The only good thing he ever did was get hurt so Foles could win Super Bowl MVP. The great thing is: Bizon fans simply can’t handle it if someone has a different opinion. It’s like they’re all six years old! Haha!

LOL.....Jesus Christ himself could rise from the dead, and the town of Philly would boo him.

I get that you have a hard on for your boy Dickenson, but face it dude. The guy never had the talent to be an NFL player. I kind of place him in the level of a Bo Levi Mitchell. Both won 1 time on the main stage, won the Payton and had good CFL careers.

Dickenson was like Jensen or Stick, but with an arm. Let’s see if you can handle a comment that isn’t 1000% complimentary of every player that has ever worn the green and yeller. I bet you can’t. I bet you will respond.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Dickenson was like Jensen or Stick, but with an arm. Let’s see if you can handle a comment that isn’t 1000% complimentary of every player that has ever worn the green and yeller. I bet you can’t. I bet you will respond.

2011 thinks FCS/I-AA was just invented in the last decade.

PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

2011 thinks FCS/I-AA was just invented in the last decade.

For sure. But he still wants opposing fans to recognize and praise him personally for all the DIII championships they allegedly won.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Doesn’t make him a good QB. That’s all. He has a ring because Foles got it done when Ventz was....wait for it....hurt, again.

My law school buddy has a 49ers Super Bowl ring (given to him by the 49ers) and he didn't even play high school football. He made a lot of money in Silicon Valley, tho.

DD's NFL career. May not have thrown a pass in regular season game, but played 2 years and made some money.

"After generating interest from the NFL following his outstanding 2000 CFL season, Dickenson spent two seasons (2001-2002) in the National Football League. He spent the entire 2001 season as the third string QB for the San Diego Chargers, but was released by San Diego at the end of training camp in 2002 after a disappointing preseason in which he did not get to play in a game. He was then signed by the Seattle Seahawks and served as the third QB for two games before being released on September 24. In October, he signed with the Miami Dolphins following an injury to Jay Fiedler, and served as their third QB until December 3. He finished the season as the third QB for the Detroit Lions for their final two games after Joey Harrington was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat."

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

Yeah, that must be pretty nice to live vicariously through him. Between that, the Bison's dominance, and your epic exploits here, you've got a pretty great pretend life!

Htowngriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Yeah, that must be pretty nice to live vicariously through him. Between that, the Bison's dominance, and your epic exploits here, you've got a pretty great pretend life!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That drew a chortle. I envision tons of online gaming and a job at PetSmart. Nothing wrong with that at all; it’s just what I envision.

Well getting back to the topic and getting away from 2011 Bison numbnuts who tries to degrade the Griz at every possible turn I noticed this. Both secondaries for both JMU and NDSU seem to be in a position to make a play on a ball most of the time. We have a ways to go on both our fronts but I really wish we could get better on the back end. So tired of our corners giving 10 yard cushions I could scream. There is JMU and NDSU and then the rest of the FCS. Watson for NDSU is going to be a nightmare for teams in the next 2 years. He is Moss like in speed. We need to get better team speed.

PlayerRep said:
DD's NFL career. May not have thrown a pass in regular season game, but played 2 years and made some money.

"After generating interest from the NFL following his outstanding 2000 CFL season, Dickenson spent two seasons (2001-2002) in the National Football League. He spent the entire 2001 season as the third string QB for the San Diego Chargers, but was released by San Diego at the end of training camp in 2002 after a disappointing preseason in which he did not get to play in a game. He was then signed by the Seattle Seahawks and served as the third QB for two games before being released on September 24. In October, he signed with the Miami Dolphins following an injury to Jay Fiedler, and served as their third QB until December 3. He finished the season as the third QB for the Detroit Lions for their final two games after Joey Harrington was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat."

Right....so he road the pine and never played a snap.

I never said he wasn't a good college FCS QB. He was a very dam college QB. Just isn't on the FCS Mt. Rushmore of QB's.

CDAGRIZ said:
Htowngriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That drew a chortle. I envision tons of online gaming and a job at PetSmart. Nothing wrong with that at all; it’s just what I envision.

No you are thinking of PetSmart because you married a...

Never mind

Back