• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New CB D'Angelo Gunter (BYU Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTGRZ said:
I get back from a weekend trip away from technology, and this is what I see....my GOD I hope he comes to UM. This addition along with the more recent QBs gives me much more hope for this team. As the official Big Sky Conference weekend starts, and fall camp is mere weeks away, my eternal summer Griz optimism is now in full swing. If this CB is here for sure, I wont be able to hide my hope for this 2018 season, let alone the 2019 season.

The pieces have been put back to place for this season, now we can only hope the team gels and plays to their potential. Count me excited!

Unfortunately he has decided to stay at BYU, nobody believes me when I say he is not coming here so I guess they will see when he is not here in the fall.

grizfan1984 said:
MTGRZ said:
I get back from a weekend trip away from technology, and this is what I see....my GOD I hope he comes to UM. This addition along with the more recent QBs gives me much more hope for this team. As the official Big Sky Conference weekend starts, and fall camp is mere weeks away, my eternal summer Griz optimism is now in full swing. If this CB is here for sure, I wont be able to hide my hope for this 2018 season, let alone the 2019 season.

The pieces have been put back to place for this season, now we can only hope the team gels and plays to their potential. Count me excited!

Unfortunately he has decided to stay at BYU, nobody believes me when I say he is not coming here so I guess they will see when he is not here in the fall.

I beleive ya. Just seems so surreal. I still don’t see him on BYU roster so something seems amiss.

grizfan1984 said:
MTGRZ said:

This looks like a job for a superhero. Someone climb to the top of the Wilma and turn on the Amie Just signal.

grizfan1984 said:
MTGRZ said:

I saw your previous post regarding an instagram account stating that he will stay at BYU, however, after some investigation, I can't find his instagram account. Also don't see him on twitter.

So these are the verifiable facts: He is not on the current BYU roster. He is on the UM roster.

Unless you can provide us with proof, I believe what the official team rosters say. Hope I'm right, but I've had my heart broken before.

Someone I know reached out to him and asked if he was still coming to Montana and he said no. I'm not going to give out names. I can confirm that he was asked to walk on and was going to come here initially (Has 2 good friends that are on the team) then decided against it.

grizfan1984 said:
Someone I know reached out to him and asked if he was still coming to Montana and he said no. I'm not going to give out names. I can confirm that he was asked to walk on and was going to come here initially (Has 2 good friends that are on the team) then decided against it.

Pinky swear?

grizfan1984 said:

I was/am shocked they could get him as a walk on.....I wonder if a scholarship would have kept him *if he has changed course. With situation at CB I can't understand why they would not give him one......all baffles me but I am easily confused according to some on here.

Ursus1 said:
grizfan1984 said:

I was/am shocked they could get him as a walk on.....I wonder if a scholarship would have kept him *if he has changed course. With situation at CB I can't understand why they would not give him one......all baffles me but I am easily confused according to some on here.

Especially, and Payton please correct me if I’m wrong, since we still have extra schollies to hand out.

Ursa Major said:
grizfan1984 said:
MTGRZ said:

This looks like a job for a superhero. Someone climb to the top of the Wilma and turn on the Amie Just signal.

The fact that Amie or GG hasn’t put out something on this other than the roster addition would be concerning. Kids change their minds - shouldn’t be a shock to anyone if it turns out to be the case.

What does the signal look like? Outline of the state of Nebraska, pizza boxes or knit cap & glasses I’d guess.

HookedonGriz said:
grizfan1984 said:
MTGRZ said:

I beleive ya. Just seems so surreal. I still don’t see him on BYU roster so something seems amiss.

From my understanding and looking at the BYU board is he left BYU in November due to being homesick and was told by the coaches he could re enroll in January, he wasn't on BYU spring roster because he had some work to get caught up on and wasn't able to participate. I don't know his standing with BYU at this time but I do know he has decided to stay in Provo.

Multi star FBS transfer in the position of most desperate need walking on ...... like the old saying goes if sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't

Serious question here. Latter Day Saint? Provo + BYU is not that exciting. The education is solid. Just wondering if there isn’t more to this. Wish him the best of luck. We didn’t want him anyway. :roll:

Montana37 said:
Look at his twitter. Still says he’s a BYU student athlete and nothing about the Griz
Then post it. We can’t find his twitter or Instagram, and if he’s truly staying at BYU, then prove it to us

So instead of guessing and hyperbole lets look at what we do know:

He is not on the official BYU Roster
Twitter still shows BYU info (not unusual for someone transferring)
He is on the gogriz roster
Gogriz roster states he is a Summer Transfer

If I was a betting man Id say he is a Griz

Griz til I die said:
Montana37 said:
Look at his twitter. Still says he’s a BYU student athlete and nothing about the Griz
Then post it. We can’t find his twitter or Instagram, and if he’s truly staying at BYU, then prove it to us

Here is his twitter...

https://twitter.com/Dlo_Gunter

Paytonlives said:
Griz til I die said:
Montana37 said:

Here is his twitter...

https://twitter.com/Dlo_Gunter

Was asked if he was still coming to Montana and he said no. He is not on the BYU roster because he is working his way back from leaving school in November to go back to San Diego from being home sick (coaches told him to re enroll in January) he should be back on the BYU roster in fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back