• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU to play

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I should’ve scrolled down. :thumb:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I was actually worried about you today. Was going to start a thread asking if you were good! Haven’t heard from you in a bit. Hope all is well! :thumb:

Total thanks, man. I’ve been taking my fam on a National Park tour this summer because we don’t want to fly anywhere. We’ve hit Mammoth and Tahoe (which I know aren’t national parks), and then Zion which was awesome! Currently in the smokey situation that is Yosemite, but the kids are digging it. I’ve been on and off the grid, but I’m here. Glad you are, too.

CDAGRIZ said:
HookedonGriz said:
I have always disliked the football-ILTC but I really like the covid-ILTC....I couldn’t agree with you more. Every post you’ve made around covid is exactly my viewpoint. Maybe you’re not such a douche nozzle after all 😜

I get what you’re saying, but Football ILTC is better than some Griz fans on here. I’ve always read his ball-busting regarding FB stuff as just that. Usually pretty rational on most topics, unlike myself.

Yea he’s slowly growing on me and much better than the typical Cat trolls here.

HookedonGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I get what you’re saying, but Football ILTC is better than some Griz fans on here. I’ve always read his ball-busting regarding FB stuff as just that. Usually pretty rational on most topics, unlike myself.

Agreed.

For anyone who is interested, I’ll be free soloing El Capitan today around 10am. Doesn’t look that tall to me. Never climbed outdoors before, but it should be pretty much the same. Wish me luck!

HookedonGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I also agree, but find it a bit disconcerning agreeing with a cat fan so much. What's next, world peace, Idaho not sucking, cats and dogs sleeping together? :eek:

CDAGRIZ said:
For anyone who is interested, I’ll be free soloing El Capitan today around 10am. Doesn’t look that tall to me. Never climbed outdoors before, but it should be pretty much the same. Wish me luck!

Saw a documentary on that once. You’ll be fine 😂

MikeyGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

I also agree, but find it a bit disconcerning agreeing with a cat fan so much. What's next, world peace, Idaho not sucking, cats and dogs sleeping together? :eek:

Eh. It's just because the world is absolute bananas right now. Nothing makes sense. I've learned to not ask questions and just go with the flow. Who cares if nothing makes sense? It's for our safety after all. We'll be back to hating each other in no time. ;)

Seriously though, if the current state of our country right now doesn't teach us to not sweat the small stuff, I don't know what ever will. Lives are being ruined every single day. We need normalcy more than ever before. Hopefully not too far off! :thumb:

Spanky2 said:
My view is they shouldn’t practice, play or work out as a team because it increases the risk of getting Covid. There isn’t a way a football team can practice, meet and play the game without becoming exposed to the virus. They are going to have to wait for a vaccine.

Most the country is already becoming immune through herd immunity, you know since less then 3% of the people that become infected die(usually not from covid). That’s still twice as good as a 75% flu vaccinated population that kills 6% of the infected. I believe that number to be more accurate also since there’s no fear motivation behind the flu like we see with covid. But feel free to continue to be afraid of what the media tells you to fear.

alabamagrizzly said:
Spanky2 said:
My view is they shouldn’t practice, play or work out as a team because it increases the risk of getting Covid. There isn’t a way a football team can practice, meet and play the game without becoming exposed to the virus. They are going to have to wait for a vaccine.

Most the country is already becoming immune through herd immunity, you know since less then 3% of the people that become infected die(usually not from covid). That’s still twice as good as a 75% flu vaccinated population that kills 6% of the infected. I believe that number to be more accurate also since there’s no fear motivation behind the flu like we see with covid. But feel free to continue to be afraid of what the media tells you to fear.

Thanks for giving me your permission. You might want to consider other dangers of getting Covid such as long term residual implications like heart and lung disease. Death isn’t the only outcome.

Spanky2 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Thanks for giving me your permission. You might want to consider other dangers of getting Covid such as long term residual implications like heart and lung disease. Death isn’t the only outcome.
While this is fair, I've been told many times that because this is a BRAND NEW vurus, there is no way to know what the long term effects will be. Maybe they will be devastating for some. Maybe they will not be.

In addition, people can suffer long term effects from TONS of things. We could take so many more measures fighting things like lung disease and heart disease as well and would likely save millions from the long term effects from smoking and eating like shit.

We should also remember there will be long term effects for everyone else too dealing with this thing.

ilovethecats said:
Spanky2 said:
While this is fair, I've been told many times that because this is a BRAND NEW vurus, there is no way to know what the long term effects will be. Maybe they will be devastating for some. Maybe they will not be.

In addition, people can suffer long term effects from TONS of things. We could take so many more measures fighting things like lung disease and heart disease as well and would likely save millions from the long term effects from smoking and eating like shit.

We should also remember there will be long term effects for everyone else too dealing with this thing.

How about financial concerns.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/41-of-businesses-listed-on-yelp-have-closed-for-good-during-the-pandemic-2020-06-25

55% of businesses closed on Yelp have shut down for good during the coronavirus pandemic
That’s over 72,000 with even more families with complete loss of incoming, losing their life’s dreams.

Another 15,742 businesses listed on Yelp closed forever in just the past month

Atleast we’re preventing people from catching the cold though.

CDAGRIZ said:

That vaguely aligns with my personal beliefs, so I’m going to assume that your information is both accurate and from informed sources.

WaGriz4life said:
kemajic said:
Get real, the cost for setting up a 1 or two game fall season is unrealistic. A big money loser for a financially strapped university. And it would achieve what? It isn't going to happen, therefore a waste of time to be whining about it. It's done; move on to spring when we could have a full conference schedule.
How would it be a big money loser? How much would it cost for the Bobcats to bus up here and play in front of no fans? I’m genuinely asking.
The required protocol compliance for practicing and game are prohibitively expensive; the biggest reason we have no season. In front of no fans - where is the revenue? NADA, hence a big loser. Time for you to get real.

Spanky2 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

The long term effect of life itself is death. It is the only outcome unless The Rapture happens and you are a Believer. Read The Book, it's all spelled out for you.

MikeyGriz said:
Spanky2 said:

The long term effect of life itself is death. It is the only outcome unless The Rapture happens and you are a Believer. Read The Book, it's all spelled out for you.

I won’t comment except to say not all Christians believe in The Rapture.

Spanky2 said:
MikeyGriz said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Boy that one went over your head didn’t it. Nice sideways answer to dodge the obvious. In the immortal words of Roger Waters

“ And I am not frightened of dying
Any time will do, I don't mind
Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime”

Not that I’m ready to die now but there is no avoiding the inevitable. There’s a million ways to die and no matter how much we protect ourselves, one of em’s gonna get us eventually. Might as well enjoy life along the way and make the most of it instead of living in fear of the only single outcome that ALL of us will face.

alabamagrizzly said:
Spanky2 said:

Boy that one went over your head didn’t it. Nice sideways answer to dodge the obvious. In the immortal words of Roger Waters

Not that I’m ready to die now but there is no avoiding the inevitable. There’s a million ways to die and no matter how much we protect ourselves, one of em’s gonna get us eventually. Might as well enjoy life along the way and make the most of it instead of living in fear of the only single outcome that ALL of us will face.
You don’t have a clue what Mikey was talking about.🤓

Spanky2 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

You don’t have a clue what Mikey was talking about.🤓

Even if I did and he’s making a jab at Christians, which I am, that’s beside the point. He still makes a point that dying is unavoidable. I think you’ve realized that too but can’t admit you’re on the losing end of this discussion. That’s fine cus I know you are and that’s good enough for me.

Spanky2 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Spanky I hope you and yours are safe and healthy. Whenever we’re back to normal I’d love to share a real nice bottle of red.

Back