• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU in dogfight

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
With any luck, one of them will make it through three games without getting hurt. I'm fairly confident that the Eagles will take a hard pass on both. :lol: :lol:

Who is the 2nd one?
They got that OL dude that I believe is a Fargo kid and is a stud. Gotta assume he’s the dude who has a shot.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
They will be just fine this spring with fictional quarterback Zeb Noland handing off. I mean, nobody could quite put it in the ol' bread basket like Lance, but Zeb will rise to the occasion with his NFL arm talent.

NDSU is going to have two first round draft picks this spring. Pretty dam cool!

Indeed. Many power 5 schools won’t have this.

2011BisonAlumni said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
As someone who is intimately familiar with prosecuting those who kill and main while impaired by alcohol and THC, suggesting the fix is elevating pot smoking to the legal status of alcohol is dumber than dumb. And that's without discussing all the studies showing marijuana use by those under 25 causes more health issues than smoking tobacco. You would go to jail for feeding your child food that retards brain growth like marijuana.

I'm ready for the day vehicle steering wheels can detect alcohol or THC use and disable the car. Then if you are over 25, smoke away.

And by the way, I loved competing for jobs and scholarships against pot smokers in my younger days. So unfair.....I see that same domination by Griz posters on 2011 grads.

I’m ready for the day every car is able to steer itself and all accidents are drastically reduced.

My perspective comes from watching my father die of Pancreatic Cancer and watching his quality of life and ability to eat improve drastically upon the use of pot, which preceded him being able to get a Medical Marijuana card in ND. He never smoked pot and I don’t either, but at the time this stupid f###[#] ballot initiative was going on, I bought a shit ton of it for him and don’t regret it one bit.

I’m going to throw this out there. The opioid crisis in this country is crippling. Some states fight tooth and nail over flipping Pot, yet Doctors hand out Oxy like it is candy.

I’m sure there are THC related car accidents. There are also accidents due to pain killer addiction or simply unintended consequences from regulated legal use.

The NDSU players were wrong in doing what they did.....but the fact that we live in a country where alcohol is legal, opioid based pain killers (in the legal instance where a prescription is granted) yet Medical Marijuana is not legal (in many states) is borderline insanity.

IMO, the NDSU players where doing the state of ND a favor at the time. Medical Marijuana is now legal in ND, and, guess what.....everyday life continued on. The only difference now is people , like my Dad, don’t have to suffer or break the law to get help.

I feel for your dad. The medicinal qualities of marijuana have been available in prescriptible pill form for decades, and studies show the benefits from the pills are more consistent and longer lasting than smoking marijuana. You never hear of this because the purpose of medical marijuana proponents is not getting sick people unavailable medical therapy, but legalizing recreational use. Oh, and the pills don't cause the same brain and lung damage issues of smoking.

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
They got that OL dude that I believe is a Fargo kid and is a stud. Gotta assume he’s the dude who has a shot.

How’s his elbow talent?

Now you are just showing your ignorance... OL play has very little to do with elbow strength, and more to do with Lateral Cuneiform Tarsal strength.

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
How’s his elbow talent?

Now you are just showing your ignorance... OL play has very little to do with elbow strength, and more to do with Lateral Cuneiform Tarsal strength.

This is true. I was told he is an OL talent for sure, but if we're nitpicking it's been said he has punting talent as well. Probably a better punter than their current punter. He can kick it out of the stadium but lacks finesse. So while he's maybe the best punter, with NFL punting talent, he's not good enough to start at punter for UND so he's going to try and make it as an OL.

ilovethecats said:
SACCAT66 said:

This is true. I was told he is an OL talent for sure, but if we're nitpicking it's been said he has punting talent as well. Probably a better punter than their current punter. He can kick it out of the stadium but lacks finesse. So while he's maybe the best punter, with NFL punting talent, he's not good enough to start at punter for UND so he's going to try and make it as an OL.

This makes perfect sense to me. Also, I agree with SACCAT above. LCT strength talent to play in the NFL is not NFL OL talent, though.

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:

This makes perfect sense to me. Also, I agree with SACCAT above. LCT strength talent to play in the NFL is not NFL OL talent, though.

Can you imagine the clown car act show it'd be over at UND if they weren't so good at navigating all of this talent. It's difficult enough when your starting qb is your best qb; but when your starting tackle is your best punter and your back up receiver is the best tight end and your running back has nfl linebacker talent, it gets tricky!

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Can you imagine the clown car act show it'd be over at UND if they weren't so good at navigating all of this talent. It's difficult enough when your starting qb is your best qb; but when your starting tackle is your best punter and your back up receiver is the best tight end and your running back has nfl linebacker talent, it gets tricky!

It's truly remarkable. I don't remember which one, but there were some people in another fan base who made waves a while back for suggesting that their backups were better than their starters. That's one thing, but if your backups are better than your starters AT ANOTHER POSITION, it definitely has the potential to become a clown car act show.

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:

It's truly remarkable. I don't remember which one, but there were some people in another fan base who made waves a while back for suggesting that their backups were better than their starters. That's one thing, but if your backups are better than your starters AT ANOTHER POSITION, it definitely has the potential to become a clown car act show.

I think that was the Griz fanbase. If memory serves correctly... ;)

If there’s a silver lining to having all these loser UNDF trolls around, it’s that I’ve developed a better...uh...respect? No that’s not it. Appreciation? Nope, still not right. Tolerance—that’s it.
I’ve grown more tolerant of the Bubcat trolls.
I used to see a dumbass Bubcat post and go all mad max. Not like the Mel Gibson movies, or the recent remake. I’m talking about that scene in The Wolf of Wallstreet where his old man (Rob Reiner!) goes off shift over the smallest things.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lYAYnCAQRMY

Also, I think I’m going to start using a British accent when addressing Cat People.

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I think that was the Griz fanbase. If memory serves correctly... ;)
As usual, it doesn't.

Back