• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kudos to UM for playing 2 games

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
Unfortunately for Coach Sixx, there may not be a Griz team to beat much longer, as enrollment continues to shrink. The Griz will probably drop down to NAIA or maybe drop football. I don't think the Cats want to schedule NAIA teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As has been proven multiple times in the last 20 years, the Griz cannot go anywhere unless the Anchorcats can go too.
"Mom, Johnny got a Super Nintendo, can I go over to play it with him and eat some pizza rolls?"
"Only if you take your [younger male sibling]."

Sixx (love that you guys are calling him that too, btw) will have plenty of chances to play the Griz.

The Cats with their increase in enrollment will probably move-up to the FBS as they will be the only major university in the State. The Griz rival will be Carroll. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigsky33 said:
Unfortunately for Coach Sixx, there may not be a Griz team to beat much longer, as enrollment continues to shrink. The Griz will probably drop down to NAIA or maybe drop football. I don't think the Cats want to schedule NAIA teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do realize that enrollment and ncaa divisions aren't related to each other? Do they teach logic at cow college u?

Hey bigguy,

Since you’re always hanging around here, I thought I’d ask if it’s true MSC’s D is going to suck? My neighbor claimed they would be great once a completely different team shows up in the fall. For real, he rattled off like 8 players he claimed were held out, and also alleged they would pick up at least 4 transfers—2 on Dline, and 2 DBs. I pointed out how that would be a different team entirely, with all new coaches and schemes too, and he was jacked about the plan.

His wife, not so much. She said there is one “tub of lard” (her words) on the Dline who is over 4spins and if you took him out of the line up, the Dline’s average weight was only 230.

I said, no way, Dline has been their strength and about the only thing Choach did right (other than timing organ failures).
Her response: “why do you think he left...?”
{Dun dun dunnnnn}

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Because I gave my advice to Choach in the beginning of his tenure as the head Gallatin Valley Man, it's only fair that I do the same for Coach Sixx. Here goes:

Coach Sixx,
How about that drive in, huh? I guess that's why it's called Sin City. Anyway, I've learned a lot about your fan base from the outside looking in over the last 30+ years, so I posit that my perspective is a bit more unique and nuanced than the dudes who offer you Old Fashioneds at the Cat's Paw (not talking about the cocktail). Your predecessor benefitted from following a coach who was vilified for being the winningest coach in program history, so the bar was low, but the difficulty was high. He had to give hope, but not overplay his hand by winning too much. He followed my Plan, and is now part of a staff at a school with zero pressure or expectations of glory, so I'm sure he's well on his way to being the head guy at NAU someday. Your job is considerably less difficult. Follow The Plan II if you want to see yourself in Choach's shoes within the next four years.

Here's the key, Sixx: Beat the Griz. That's it. That's the whole measure of success in Bozeman. A fan poll circa 2016 found that the overwhelming majority of Bobcat faithful would rather beat the Griz than make the playoffs. Seriously. Overall wins and losses and gross mismanagement of personnel cease to matter if you beat the Griz. The fans will create soft factors of evaluation for you such as "trajectory", "attitude", "toughness", and "culture". It doesn't matter if your teams actually display these characteristics as long as you win one game per year. It doesn't matter how you do it, either. You can cheat, lie, steal, or call timeouts during the actual plays. Simply put, your record will be your record against the Griz. You don't have to make it any more complicated than that. I wish you the worst of luck, and God bless America.

-CDA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Masterful post! It’s like handing over the recipe to Coca-Cola or the Colonel’s special blend of 11 herbs and spices to your competitor.

Here’s the problem:

76992-B9-C-AD3-D-4-E20-9351-2-CB96-EEBC1-F5.png

If this guy showed up at your door, you would naturally assume that he is delivering the dryer you bought at Best Buy.

100% spot on. That's the face of a dude who would borrow your power washer and return it broken with an empty gas tank a month later.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Masterful post! It’s like handing over the recipe to Coca-Cola or the Colonel’s special blend of 11 herbs and spices to your competitor.

Here’s the problem:

76992-B9-C-AD3-D-4-E20-9351-2-CB96-EEBC1-F5.png

If this guy showed up at your door, you would naturally assume that he is delivering the dryer you bought at Best Buy.

100% spot on. That's the face of a dude who would borrow your power washer and return it broken with an empty gas tank a month later.

I’m wondering if Honeybear took this picture? The off center photo suggests she was either trying to capture a photo of the apparition of Coach Sixx’s deceased grandfather standing next to him or perhaps she was 3-deep in White Claws.

garizzalies said:
Hey bigguy,

Since you’re always hanging around here, I thought I’d ask if it’s true MSC’s D is going to suck? My neighbor claimed they would be great once a completely different team shows up in the fall. For real, he rattled off like 8 players he claimed were held out, and also alleged they would pick up at least 4 transfers—2 on Dline, and 2 DBs. I pointed out how that would be a different team entirely, with all new coaches and schemes too, and he was jacked about the plan.

His wife, not so much. She said there is one “tub of lard” (her words) on the Dline who is over 4spins and if you took him out of the line up, the Dline’s average weight was only 230.

I said, no way, Dline has been their strength and about the only thing Choach did right (other than timing organ failures).
{Dun dun dunnnnn}

:clap: :lol: :lol: I forgot about organ failure.

RainierGriz said:
BrentVigen2007NDSUFBSuitColor.jpg

Every time I look at vegan, I can only see the d bag bully from Napoleon Dynamite

4ee8964b48e29fcd45c2dadf00f1afb8.gif

That is such an amazing pull, RG. Don all the way. Bravo, my man!

It also looks like Sixx was wearing these in kid’s size in the days before that pic:
BLNDRS_SaturnCloud_Eclipse_Front_1440x720.jpg

garizzalies said:
Hey bigguy,

{Dun dun dunnnnn}

I agree..... our defense is gonna SUCK in 2021! Choate left the cupboard bare, Cats are scratching and clawing just to get some eligible players with any talent whatsoever out there on D. I know it isn't in Bobby's nature to go this route, but I sure hope he can muster up some integrity and not run up this score on us this Fall - Bobcat Nation would sure appreciate that during this down year.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
Hey bigguy,

{Dun dun dunnnnn}

I agree..... our defense is gonna SUCK in 2021! Choate left the cupboard bare, Cats are scratching and clawing just to get some eligible players with any talent whatsoever out there on D. I know it isn't in Bobby's nature to go this route, but I sure hope he can muster up some integrity and not run up this score on us this Fall - Bobcat Nation would sure appreciate that during this down year.
Thanks, poorpussies. That’s about what I figured and it’s nice to have confirmation from an esteemed insider like yourself. Good to know I’m not crazy, and my crazy neighbor is the crazy one.

So is the love affair with Choach starting to subside with the realization that he left the “cupboards bare” as you so succinctly summarized? Or is the island statue still on track?

Love the cat scratch fever reference. I’ve always thought you guys should pump that song at home games.

Lastly, this is new-age Bobby we’re talking about. He’s got a kinder, gentler machine gun hand. Ha! Who am I kidding? He can’t wait to run up the score on you bums

tgreseth said:
bigsky33 said:
You do realize that enrollment and ncaa divisions aren't related to each other? Do they teach logic at cow college u?
UM enrollment is pretty close to that of Notre Dame.

So, UM is the Notre Dame of the northwest? I sense my ability to get a raise just improved tremendously. :lol:

alabamagrizzly said:
ilovethecats said:
What's he been waiting for? :coffee:

For the Griz to be dominant again and the scats to suck again. Looks like all is finally back to normal.

Yep, it was fun while it lasted... four in a row with the exclamation point 48-14 ass kicking in 2019, but I'm guessing the griz will dominate the Cats this Fall - will probably be a blowout.

Back