• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kudos to UM for playing 2 games

At this point, the weakened structural integrity of the cat’s house of cards is showing. Non- throwing QB’s, Non-catching receivers. Choach was smart enough to see this coming which is why he fled clown town so rapidly. Fans see it, players see it, even Coach Sixx can see it.

We have only to kick in the door on November 20th and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down.

garizzalies said:
57brqi.jpg

Gotta hand it to you for "stadiums". Subtlety at its finest.
I heard there were a few dust-ups regarding masks at their Pleasant Netherlands game, or whatever. I can only imagine the types. More Leatherman tools than the TSA trash can at Bozeman International.

Ursa Major said:
At this point, the weakened structural integrity of the cat’s house of cards is showing. Non- throwing QB’s, Non-catching receivers. Choach was smart enough to see this coming which is why he fled clown town so rapidly. Fans see it, players see it, even Coach Sixx can see it.

We have only to kick in the door on November 20th and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down.

Pre-season 2019 you guys said the same thing. How did that work for you all? :lol: :lol: :lol:

CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:

I heard there were a few dust-ups regarding masks at their Pleasant Netherlands game, or whatever. I can only imagine the types. More Leatherman tools than the TSA trash can at Bozeman International.

Does anyone know if the Gelatin County Builders’ Association is still offering their “ Buy an $850,000 house and receive a free Carhartt barn jacket”, giveaway? SMH, They’ve got to literally be losing hundreds of dollars a month on that one.

bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:

Pre-season 2019 you guys said the same thing. How did that work for you all? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Bubbies won and then there was a global pandemic that killed millions and cost businesses billions. Selfish. Some things are bigger than FCS football, but that didn't stop the "win at all costs" Bobcats.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Does anyone know if the Gelatin County Builders’ Association is still offering their “ Buy an $850,000 house and receive a free Carhartt barn jacket”, giveaway? SMH, They’ve got to literally be losing hundreds of dollars a month on that one.

They sure are. I believe the official word from the GCBA is that its a small price to pay when the goal is to have 70% of Bozeman residents be transplants "playing mountain man." FY2020 ended with 68%, so look for the GCBA to discontinue the freebies sometime this summer.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

They sure are. I believe the official word from the GCBA is that its a small price to pay when the goal is to have 70% of Bozeman residents be transplants "playing mountain man." FY2020 ended with 68%, so look for the GCBA to discontinue the freebies sometime this summer.

Thanks for the update! They are just giving away hundreds of dollars each month. As a business plan, it’s just not sustainable.

bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:

Has Elvis announced a date for the unveiling of the Coach Coachoate statue yet? With a lifetime coaching record of 28-22 (.56%) it has to be big deal in kittyworld.

Any truth to the rumor that the statue will be placed on an artificial island installed in the middle of the shit pond?

I, too, would like to know the answer to your question, Ursa. While he racked up an impressive 28 wins in four short years, many forget that Choach also won an impressive 24 games against non-Griz opponents in that same timeframe. While those numbers may seem rather mediocre to literally everyone, one must look past the Ws and Ls to see Choach's true mark on the program. He took them from a balanced attack on offense that contended for (and won several) BSC titles to a one-dimensional running team with no QB, possibly ruined the career of their greatest player ever, and paved his own way to bail at the first opportunity to become a position coach at the next level and hand over the keys to the Kia Sorrento to a fella with the personality of a plate of steamed vegetables. All the while, Bobcat fans loved him for his "I swear I know how to read, seriously, stop asking" demeanor. In my mind, that warrants a statue. Kudos to MSU for honoring this legend.

CDAGRIZ said:
I, too, would like to know the answer to your question, Ursa. While he racked up an impressive 28 wins in four short years, many forget that Choach also won an impressive 24 games against non-Griz opponents in that same timeframe. While those numbers may seem rather mediocre to literally everyone, one must look past the Ws and Ls to see Choach's true mark on the program. He took them from a balanced attack on offense that contended for (and won several) BSC titles to a one-dimensional running team with no QB, possibly ruined the career of their greatest player ever, and paved his own way to bail at the first opportunity to become a position coach at the next level and hand over the keys to the Kia Sorrento to a fella with the personality of a plate of steamed vegetables. All the while, Bobcat fans loved him for his "I swear I know how to read, seriously, stop asking" demeanor. In my mind, that warrants a statue. Kudos to MSU for honoring this legend.

Great post, CDA :thumb:

There should be a statue of this man to remind generations of cat fans what it means to be a cat.

A .500 winning percentage is just fine; titles and championships are unnecessary as long as you’re “riding for the brand”; A 50% chance of making the playoffs is good enough. if you do reach the postseason, there’s no shame in not getting past the 2nd round; it’s okay to abandon your child, your team, your coaches and your community as long as you can make more money; And, ALWAYS blame, demean, demote and replace others below you when you lose.

I wonder if one day they will name a shitty scrimmage game in his honor?

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Great post, CDA :thumb:

There should be a statue of this man to remind generations of cat fans what it means to be a cat.

A .500 winning percentage is just fine; titles and championships are unnecessary as long as you’re “riding for the brand”; A 50% chance of making the playoffs is good enough. if you do reach the postseason, there’s no shame in not getting past the 2nd round; it’s okay to abandon your child, your team, your coaches and your community as long as you can make more money; And, ALWAYS blame, demean, demote and replace others below you when you lose.

I wonder if one day they will name a shitty scrimmage game in his honor?

Lol. He long-played the Bozeman faithful so well it’s borderline criminal. The Plan was diabolical, and it worked. A statue and naming rights on a disaster spring scrimmage would be *chef’s kiss*.

I didn't see anywhere where we officially thanked you guys for sending Cole Sain our way. That kid rocketed through the pack this spring and landed in the 1st team. Much appreciated.

ABQCat said:
I didn't see anywhere where we officially thanked you guys for sending Cole Sain our way. That kid rocketed through the pack this spring and landed in the 1st team. Much appreciated.

You betcha. He knows...

ABQCat said:

Enjoy. You guys have a solid o-line.

Because I gave my advice to Choach in the beginning of his tenure as the head Gallatin Valley Man, it's only fair that I do the same for Coach Sixx. Here goes:

Coach Sixx,
How about that drive in, huh? I guess that's why it's called Sin City. Anyway, I've learned a lot about your fan base from the outside looking in over the last 30+ years, so I posit that my perspective is a bit more unique and nuanced than the dudes who offer you Old Fashioneds at the Cat's Paw (not talking about the cocktail). Your predecessor benefitted from following a coach who was vilified for being the winningest coach in program history, so the bar was low, but the difficulty was high. He had to give hope, but not overplay his hand by winning too much. He followed my Plan, and is now part of a staff at a school with zero pressure or expectations of glory, so I'm sure he's well on his way to being the head guy at NAU someday. Your job is considerably less difficult. Follow The Plan II if you want to see yourself in Choach's shoes within the next four years.

Here's the key, Sixx: Beat the Griz. That's it. That's the whole measure of success in Bozeman. A fan poll circa 2016 found that the overwhelming majority of Bobcat faithful would rather beat the Griz than make the playoffs. Seriously. Overall wins and losses and gross mismanagement of personnel cease to matter if you beat the Griz. The fans will create soft factors of evaluation for you such as "trajectory", "attitude", "toughness", and "culture". It doesn't matter if your teams actually display these characteristics as long as you win one game per year. It doesn't matter how you do it, either. You can cheat, lie, steal, or call timeouts during the actual plays. Simply put, your record will be your record against the Griz. You don't have to make it any more complicated than that. I wish you the worst of luck, and God bless America.

-CDA

CDAGRIZ said:
Because I gave my advice to Choach in the beginning of his tenure as the head Gallatin Valley Man, it's only fair that I do the same for Coach Sixx. Here goes:

Coach Sixx,
How about that drive in, huh? I guess that's why it's called Sin City. Anyway, I've learned a lot about your fan base from the outside looking in over the last 30+ years, so I posit that my perspective is a bit more unique and nuanced than the dudes who offer you Old Fashioneds at the Cat's Paw (not talking about the cocktail). Your predecessor benefitted from following a coach who was vilified for being the winningest coach in program history, so the bar was low, but the difficulty was high. He had to give hope, but not overplay his hand by winning too much. He followed my Plan, and is now part of a staff at a school with zero pressure or expectations of glory, so I'm sure he's well on his way to being the head guy at NAU someday. Your job is considerably less difficult. Follow The Plan II if you want to see yourself in Choach's shoes within the next four years.

Here's the key, Sixx: Beat the Griz. That's it. That's the whole measure of success in Bozeman. A fan poll circa 2016 found that the overwhelming majority of Bobcat faithful would rather beat the Griz than make the playoffs. Seriously. Overall wins and losses and gross mismanagement of personnel cease to matter if you beat the Griz. The fans will create soft factors of evaluation for you such as "trajectory", "attitude", "toughness", and "culture". It doesn't matter if your teams actually display these characteristics as long as you win one game per year. It doesn't matter how you do it, either. You can cheat, lie, steal, or call timeouts during the actual plays. Simply put, your record will be your record against the Griz. You don't have to make it any more complicated than that. I wish you the worst of luck, and God bless America.

-CDA

Unfortunately for Coach Sixx, there may not be a Griz team to beat much longer, as enrollment continues to shrink. The Griz will probably drop down to NAIA or maybe drop football. I don't think the Cats want to schedule NAIA teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Coach Sixx,

-CDA

Unfortunately for Coach Sixx, there may not be a Griz team to beat much longer, as enrollment continues to shrink. The Griz will probably drop down to NAIA or maybe drop football. I don't think the Cats want to schedule NAIA teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As has been proven multiple times in the last 20 years, the Griz cannot go anywhere unless the Anchorcats can go too.
"Mom, Johnny got a Super Nintendo, can I go over to play it with him and eat some pizza rolls?"
"Only if you take your [younger male sibling]."

Sixx (love that you guys are calling him that too, btw) will have plenty of chances to play the Griz.

CDAGRIZ said:

Coach Sixx,

-CDA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Masterful post! It’s like handing over the recipe to Coca-Cola or the Colonel’s special blend of 11 herbs and spices to your competitor.

Here’s the problem:

76992-B9-C-AD3-D-4-E20-9351-2-CB96-EEBC1-F5.png

If this guy showed up at your door, you would naturally assume that he is delivering the dryer you bought at Best Buy.

Back