• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

kittens might have found their qb

FlyCastingCat said:
rocklobster said:
signedbewildered said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I’m having trouble keeping up. There was a kid who flunked out, then, a LB, then, a Rovig kid who would’ve started last year, then, a five-QB system, then, a Joe Flacco clone, and now the guy who would’ve started last year because of a performance at home against a zero win team? Is that right?

Chotes plan all along.

Next week after they lose to NAU, it’ll be the first annual “Crap on Rovig Week!” They’ll have parade! It’ll be quite the extravaganza!
And when the griz get the shit kicked out of them at UCD next week, Bobby will throw a fit and egriz will have a melt down and break the internet. So that will be fun.

And when you back to the kitten box and post there, we'll all be relieved of your mediocrity and stupidity. Nothing personal. After your loss to NAU and our victory over UCD, I'm sure we'll never hear from you again!

CDAGRIZ said:
braves84 said:
Filthy McGrizzly said:
Who cares?

If Montana "fans" would stop starting threads like this, there wouldn't be a issue.

If you think Montana fans don’t pay attention to the other side of one of the oldest rivalries in the history of CFB, then you have a lot to learn about this place, sweetie. Maybe just keep playing all your OOC FCS games at home, and leave the UM/MSU banter to the non-cowards.

Really? Last week ndsu went to Delaware and beat the number 11 team in fcs by 4 touchdowns so...
Just responding to a Montana fan who was talking about msu.

braves84 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
braves84 said:
Filthy McGrizzly said:
Who cares?

If Montana "fans" would stop starting threads like this, there wouldn't be a issue.

If you think Montana fans don’t pay attention to the other side of one of the oldest rivalries in the history of CFB, then you have a lot to learn about this place, sweetie. Maybe just keep playing all your OOC FCS games at home, and leave the UM/MSU banter to the non-cowards.

Really? Last week ndsu went to Delaware and beat the number 11 team in fcs by 4 touchdowns so...
Just responding to a Montana fan who was talking about msu.

An over-rated Colonial team! I will say they beat a really good UCD team this week on two red zone stops; but I think JMU is better than UNDSU; and so are SDSU and Montana! We will see in the future-oh yes we will!

bigsky33 said:
Jaredkuehn said:
bigsky33 said:
Do not think there was much of a difference between Norfolk and Monumoth. Norfolk came in with an excellent pass defense. Rovig did a nice job against it. Cats run game just all out shredded their defense. The Cats had 3 running backs over 100 yds. That is without Anderson and Ifanse. Rovig looked very good. First time in two years I have seen that. Bryce Sterk on defense was a complete beast. Looking good going into conference play against NAU.

#falsenarrative

Monmouth was playoff team two seasons ago, and a bubble team at 8-3 last year.

Norfolk State hasn’t had a winning season since 2011.

Nice. But none of it really counts. We are starting at O wins going into conference play. Good luck!! 👍🤠

I live in a civilised country where pot is legal and even I can't follow this post. You posted that the two opponents were pretty much the same, so Rovig is great. Then someone countered showing that Monmouth are good and Norfolk is "not as good" and you post "but none of it really counts". You just countered your own argument with your own argument. It's not as stupid as President Trump saying that the Continental Army was named after George Washington, but it's ball park.

SaskGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
Jaredkuehn said:
bigsky33 said:
Do not think there was much of a difference between Norfolk and Monumoth. Norfolk came in with an excellent pass defense. Rovig did a nice job against it. Cats run game just all out shredded their defense. The Cats had 3 running backs over 100 yds. That is without Anderson and Ifanse. Rovig looked very good. First time in two years I have seen that. Bryce Sterk on defense was a complete beast. Looking good going into conference play against NAU.

#falsenarrative

Monmouth was playoff team two seasons ago, and a bubble team at 8-3 last year.

Norfolk State hasn’t had a winning season since 2011.

Nice. But none of it really counts. We are starting at O wins going into conference play. Good luck!! 👍🤠

I live in a civilised country where pot is legal and even I can't follow this post. You posted that the two opponents were pretty much the same, so Rovig is great. Then someone countered showing that Monmouth are good and Norfolk is "not as good" and you post "but none of it really counts". You just countered your own argument with your own argument. It's not as stupid as President Trump saying that the Continental Army was named after George Washington, but it's ball park.

Where did I say Rovig is great? I said he did a nice job against a team that has a reputation this season for having a good pass defense. That is encouraging given the Cats QB situation so far this year and last. My other point is that you can argue all day about how how good teams are that you play in pre-conference games. It doesn't matter. What counts is what happens in Conference play. That starts next week. I hope that clears your pot fogged head.

What I've been told about Roveg from Ag insiders, he's hit and miss and when he's off, it's not pretty. (Understatement) You know that.

QB carousel will continue a couple of games into conference.

signedbewildered said:
He's had plenty of reps in practice. There's a reason he wasn't first choice....or second....or third.
[/quote

Yes, he has to prove himself. We will see. He got off to a good start in yesterday’s game.

33, I don’t read BobcatBoard, so help me out. The Bobs we get here are the super positive ones, I think we can all agree on that. Is there ANY talk at all on your board about how things might be different if your HC was able to sign and develop even a decent QB? I mean, he’s had four fucking years and produced nothing but turds behind center. At what point does that fall on the position coach playing house as a HC? Is there any talk of that at all, or is everyone just on cloud 9 based only on Brawl results?

I mean, yeah, Choach has beaten the Griz, but does any Cat fan think what could’ve been if Choach could have pulled his head out of his ass long enough to get someone, anyone, to play QB? Do they hold him accountable at all? I’m honestly not trying to be funny or trying to talk smack, I just don’t understand it. How many years of wasted talent are enough before Cat fans start to doubt this guy as a HC?

CDAGRIZ said:
33, I don’t read BobcatBoard, so help me out. The Bobs we get here are the super positive ones, I think we can all agree on that. Is there ANY talk at all on your board about how things might be different if your HC was able to sign and develop even a decent QB? I mean, he’s had four f***[*] years and produced nothing but turds behind center. At what point does that fall on the position coach playing house as a HC? Is there any talk of that at all, or is everyone just on cloud 9 based only on Brawl results?

I mean, yeah, Choach has beaten the Griz, but does any Cat fan think what could’ve been if Choach could have pulled his head out of his ass long enough to get someone, anyone, to play QB? Do they hold him accountable at all? I’m honestly not trying to be funny or trying to talk smack, I just don’t understand it. How many years of wasted talent are enough before Cat fans start to doubt this guy as a HC?

Yup, we have talked about it plenty. I get myself in trouble as I see a reoccuring issue with qb recruiting and development. Most fans think it's a long streak of bad luck. But Choate has admitted himself in a presser that he needed to improve in this area.

I like what I've seen from Rovig so far last year and yesterday. Think he will do well as we just need enough pass threat to prevent teams from stacking the box.

CDAGRIZ said:
33, I don’t read BobcatBoard, so help me out. The Bobs we get here are the super positive ones, I think we can all agree on that. Is there ANY talk at all on your board about how things might be different if your HC was able to sign and develop even a decent QB? I mean, he’s had four f***[*] years and produced nothing but turds behind center. At what point does that fall on the position coach playing house as a HC? Is there any talk of that at all, or is everyone just on cloud 9 based only on Brawl results?

Yes, I think this is the one area that a lot of fans are not happy with. Choate has done a great job in recruiting every other position. I do think we are snake bit at QB. There has been some bad luck all the way around at QB. However, people are now getting impatient. Fortunately, he has brought in excellent talent that masks the QB deficiency. However, it needs to get fixed this year or the pressure on him is going to be turned way up. He is not afraid to make changes. We have seen that. He needs to find a very experienced QB coach. He had one in Cole but I think the guy may have had some problems going on personally. Just my take.

bigsky33 said:

You must be joking...we played a team who could well be in the running for a playoff spot...you played a team who could well be...huh, can't think of much they could well be other than at the bottom of their league

grizpaws said:
bigsky33 said:

You must be joking...we played a team who could well be in the running for a playoff spot...you played a team who could well be...huh, can't think of much they could well be other than at the bottom of their league

Don’t think the conference Monumoth plays in is very strong. Like I did say. We can argue all day long about pre-conference teams. It really doesn’t matter. What counts starts next Saturday.

bigsky33 said:

Except one will be a board line playoff team and one will be a cellar dweller in a bad conference.....the blue is so thick on your glasses you’re gonna get a tint ticket. Norfolk before MSU was averaging only giving up 190yards passing per game...why you might ask? They were averaging 276ypg rushing. Why TF would anyone throw the pass when they averaged 6 yards a run?

Hold up a sec. Are they saying Falco got hurt at the Flagship of Bozeman? What happened to the “QB” they were chirping about just a few weeks ago? Is that who they “found”? Or did he find Jesus or something?
Or did they find another alleged “QB” who was just hiding on their roster the whole time?

IdaGriz01 said:
uofmman1122 said:
bigsky33 said:
Do not think there was much of a difference between Norfolk and Monumoth. Norfolk came in with an excellent pass defense. Rovig did a nice job against it. Cats run game just all out shredded their defense. The Cats had 3 running backs over 100 yds. That is without Anderson and Ifanse. Rovig looked very good. First time in two years I have seen that. Looking good going into conference play against NAU.
:lol:
Well ... not exactly.
Norfolk is a terrible team and has been for a good many years. They were 4-7 in 2018, with two of those wins against D-II opponents. This year they are 1-3, with losses to MSU and two weak FBS teams. Their only win was against a D-II opponent.

Monmouth is competitive in its conference ... it's just that they have to go through Kennesaw State for a championship. They were 8-3 in 2018 and are 2-2 this year. Their losses have been to the Griz and an FBS opponent. Their wins are against FCS opponents, including a decent one from the CAA.

I'd say there was quite a large difference between the two. Still -- credit where it's due -- MSU kicked Norfolk's butt by 35 (as they should have), while the Griz won by "only" 20 :D .
MSU would kill to have the Monmouth QB.

SaskGriz said:
Was he the guy that visited all 57 states in his campaign?

kemajic said:
IdaGriz01 said:
uofmman1122 said:
bigsky33 said:
Do not think there was much of a difference between Norfolk and Monumoth. Norfolk came in with an excellent pass defense. Rovig did a nice job against it. Cats run game just all out shredded their defense. The Cats had 3 running backs over 100 yds. That is without Anderson and Ifanse. Rovig looked very good. First time in two years I have seen that. Looking good going into conference play against NAU.
:lol:
Well ... not exactly.
Norfolk is a terrible team and has been for a good many years. They were 4-7 in 2018, with two of those wins against D-II opponents. This year they are 1-3, with losses to MSU and two weak FBS teams. Their only win was against a D-II opponent.

Monmouth is competitive in its conference ... it's just that they have to go through Kennesaw State for a championship. They were 8-3 in 2018 and are 2-2 this year. Their losses have been to the Griz and an FBS opponent. Their wins are against FCS opponents, including a decent one from the CAA.

I'd say there was quite a large difference between the two. Still -- credit where it's due -- MSU kicked Norfolk's butt by 35 (as they should have), while the Griz won by "only" 20 :D .
MSU would kill to have the Monmouth QB.
Many other teams would, too. He impressed.

garizzalies said:
Hold up a sec. Are they saying Falco got hurt at the Flagship of Bozeman? What happened to the “QB” they were chirping about just a few weeks ago? Is that who they “found”? Or did he find Jesus or something?
Or did they find another alleged “QB” who was just hiding on their roster the whole time?

I think there were five people who played QB for the Cats on Saturday and none of them were named Anderson. What does it matter when you roll up almost 700 yds of offense, They are getting the job done and then some.

I'm not so sure that the Cats have found their QB after he put up decent numbers against a weak team, as the sample size is too small. I remember when Gustafson went down with an injury in 2015, Simis stepped up at QB and broke records against UND. We all thought we found our next QB after that one game. Turns out that UND was bad that year (due to injuries) and that Makena Simis had a terrible game at Portland State the next week.

Back