• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

kittens might have found their qb

bigsky33 said:
Do not think there was much of a difference between Norfolk and Monumoth. Norfolk came in with an excellent pass defense. Rovig did a nice job against it. Cats run game just all out shredded their defense. The Cats had 3 running backs over 100 yds. That is without Anderson and Ifanse. Rovig looked very good. First time in two years I have seen that. Bryce Sterk on defense was a complete beast. Looking good going into conference play against NAU.

Sterc or whoever the hell you have wearing 37 might as well just quit football #FTC

rocklobster said:
signedbewildered said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I’m having trouble keeping up. There was a kid who flunked out, then, a LB, then, a Rovig kid who would’ve started last year, then, a five-QB system, then, a Joe Flacco clone, and now the guy who would’ve started last year because of a performance at home against a zero win team? Is that right?

Chotes plan all along.

Next week after they lose to NAU, it’ll be the first annual “Crap on Rovig Week!” They’ll have parade! It’ll be quite the extravaganza!

This. Game 6 back the magnificent Ambersen.

AZGrizFan said:
bpcats said:
We have been winning in the trenches. Down to our 3rd and 4th string running back. Missing Anderson, two starting db’s. Will need everybody for conference play.

We don’t need great Qb play we have to have some production.

Playing kind of sloppy right now.

Griz are playing well and should push for conference championship this year.

What happened to the MT RB that was a beast to bring down (Not Anderson)...

Infanse is being held out also- deep knee bruise

bpcats said:
AZGrizFan said:
bpcats said:
We have been winning in the trenches. Down to our 3rd and 4th string running back. Missing Anderson, two starting db’s. Will need everybody for conference play.

We don’t need great Qb play we have to have some production.

Playing kind of sloppy right now.

Griz are playing well and should push for conference championship this year.

What happened to the MT RB that was a beast to bring down (Not Anderson)...

Infanse is being held out also- deep knee bruise
You’re saying he is healthy but hurt “deep knee bruise” sounds better than but hurt :thumb:

It didn’t take much of seeing Bauman to know he’d be sitting after the third game. Guarantee after Rovig struggles with NAU they’ll be at a loss as to what to do....again.

rocklobster said:
signedbewildered said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I’m having trouble keeping up. There was a kid who flunked out, then, a LB, then, a Rovig kid who would’ve started last year, then, a five-QB system, then, a Joe Flacco clone, and now the guy who would’ve started last year because of a performance at home against a zero win team? Is that right?

Chotes plan all along.

Next week after they lose to NAU, it’ll be the first annual “Crap on Rovig Week!” They’ll have parade! It’ll be quite the extravaganza!
And when the griz get the shit kicked out of them at UCD next week, Bobby will throw a fit and egriz will have a melt down and break the internet. So that will be fun.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
bigsky33 said:
Do not think there was much of a difference between Norfolk and Monumoth. Norfolk came in with an excellent pass defense. Rovig did a nice job against it. Cats run game just all out shredded their defense. The Cats had 3 running backs over 100 yds. That is without Anderson and Ifanse. Rovig looked very good. First time in two years I have seen that. Bryce Sterk on defense was a complete beast. Looking good going into conference play against NAU.

Sterc or whoever the hell you have wearing 37 might as well just quit football #FTC

Good one! This is the kind of trademark cleverness that one can reliably find on egriz.com.

But no, I don't think Sterk plans to quit football any time soon. Dalton Sneed's going to wish he had though!

braves84 said:
Filthy McGrizzly said:
Who cares?

If Montana "fans" would stop starting threads like this, there wouldn't be a issue.

If you think Montana fans don’t pay attention to the other side of one of the oldest rivalries in the history of CFB, then you have a lot to learn about this place, sweetie. Maybe just keep playing all your OOC FCS games at home, and leave the UM/MSU banter to the non-cowards.

CDAGRIZ said:

You pretty much nailed it. And what's funny is that if the whole debacle ends in the Cats having a passing attack to complement their run game and defense, you'll need these hilarious posts to keep you company after another Brawl disappointment.

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You pretty much nailed it. And what's funny is that if the whole debacle ends in the Cats having a passing attack to complement their run game and defense, you'll need these hilarious posts to keep you company after another Brawl disappointment.

First game they put up 200+ passing in years and now they suddenly have a passing attack? Laughable. I’ve seen enough of Rovig to guarantee he will stumble badly against a good defense and then you’ll be at a loss again. Rotating QBs will be the norm there.

HookedonGriz said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

First game they put up 200+ passing in years and now they suddenly have a passing attack? Laughable. I’ve seen enough of Rovig to guarantee he will stumble badly against a good defense and then you’ll be at a loss again. Rotating QBs will be the norm there.

See above and try again.

For whatever it's worth, I've seen most of what there has been to see of Rovig and have never been impressed. He was noticably different today. No telling if it will carry over into conference play, but he was sharp. Wagner last year was more a terrible defense than good QB play. I would not characterize this game the same way.

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Haha! That may be. But I was just trying to keep up with the newest “answer” behind center in Bozeman.

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Haha! That may be. But I was just trying to keep up with the newest “answer” behind center in Bozeman.

Frankly, I did not really think they had one on the roster going into today's game. Bauman was horrible last week. And he was the guy who won the competition! But Rovig has me interested. He was on time and accurate. He has me intrigued going into conference play.

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Agree with both of you... I threw a pen at another reporter in a press conference, and they asked about my eligability.... Turns out that a 42 year old former highschool freshman WR doesnt have any left...

6 guys took a snap today which is pretty good. Certainly better than the measly 5 during the final fall scrimmage. That's some nice improvement right there. Measurables.

On a separate note and I apologize for changing the subject, but if you would have told me before the season started about a game where 6 players took a snap and none of the them were named Andersen, I would have said naaaaawwwww man. Naaaawww way on that.

bigsky33 said:

#falsenarrative

Monmouth was playoff team two seasons ago, and a bubble team at 8-3 last year. Their QB is on the Payton award watch list.

Norfolk State hasn’t had a winning season since 2011.

Jaredkuehn said:
bigsky33 said:

#falsenarrative

Monmouth was playoff team two seasons ago, and a bubble team at 8-3 last year.

Norfolk State hasn’t had a winning season since 2011.

Nice. But none of it really counts. We are starting at O wins going into conference play. Good luck!! 👍🤠

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Agree with both of you... I threw a pen at another reporter in a press conference, and they asked about my eligability.... Turns out that a 42 year old former highschool freshman WR doesnt have any left...

We'll.......at least you played the game, so Player Rep can't badger you. I missed practices this year and was surprised when Rovig lost out to Bauman. Based on the Big Sky so far and the Cats schedule, they may not need a passing game to get through conference play. Assuming they get to the playoffs - they won't go far without one. If Rovig can keep defenses honest I wouldn't want to face this team. The defense is good, not great, but stout and aggressive. The running game is good. Very good. They don't give the ball away. Can't wait to see how the Cats play against NAU. Good luck to the griz against Davis - that's an interesting game for sure.

Back