• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:
Why the fuc% would parents have input regarding a senior on the team? He is a grown man.

I get parents of recruits may ask questions about redshirting. Parents of seniors....no.

I believe most cognitive development experts would disagree that a 22 year old is a grown adult.

I have led thousands of 18-22 year olds...in places all over the globe. They are grown men. Period.

You're right. f*** science. Goddamn eggheads.

Well shit... we definitely shouldn't allow these guys to choose their majors...if science says they are not grown and all...what other choices should we prohibit or directly supervise? What does the science say? Maybe you could write us a paper.

SoldierGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
I believe most cognitive development experts would disagree that a 22 year old is a grown adult.

I have led thousands of 18-22 year olds...in places all over the globe. They are grown men. Period.

Well shit... we definitely shouldn't allow these guys to choose their majors...if science says they are not grown and all...what other choices should we prohibit or directly supervise? What does the science say? Maybe you could write us a paper.

Look soldier--I like you and think you're a good poster on here. I will forgo a snarky response to you and suggest you google it and challenge your preconceived notions. The research is pretty compelling and if you have spent a lot of times with 18-24 year olds, it will likely ring true.

Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:

Look soldier--I like you and think you're a good poster on here. I will forgo a snarky response to you and suggest you google it and challenge your preconceived notions. The research is pretty compelling and if you have spent a lot of times with 18-24 year olds, it will likely ring true.

My notions are cemented in 27 years leading young men. None are preconceived. JC is a senior in college. The idea that his parents should have input into this is ridiculous. That was the point. Now I am done.

SoldierGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

My notions are cemented in 27 years leading young men. None are preconceived. JC is a senior in college. The idea that his parents should have input into this is ridiculous. That was the point. Now I am done.

what, your parents never had any input in your decisions after you turned 18? if so, you are the exception, not the rule.

There should be a compromise. Calhoun can play on Saturday, and in the next 5 playoffs games. 10 games. That's a long enough season.

Looks like Calhoun is going to tear up some D-II or NAIA conference next year.

I don't think the issue is whether a young adult should or shouldn't ask their parents for advice, it is whether a coach or employer should include them for their input...not sure that needs to be the case.

argh! said:
SoldierGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:

what, your parents never had any input in your decisions after you turned 18? if so, you are the exception, not the rule.
None. The Army paid for my education. I chose my major..and later my wife. Not sure why that seems odd to you.

I brought my dad to practice and team meetings all the way through high school. Just in case I needed quick advice. No cell phones then.

PlayerRep said:
I brought my dad to practice and team meetings all the way through high school. Just in case I needed quick advice. No cell phones then.

Not at Dartmouth though?

If I would have asked for advice my Dad would have said something like "Hitler didn't ask for advice when he invaded Russia!" I still don't know what those statements meant but it taught me to make my own decisions.

cclarkblues said:
If I would have asked for advice my Dad would have said something like "Hitler didn't ask for advice when he invaded Russia!" I still don't know what those statements meant but it taught me to make my own decisions.

Well, don't leave us hanging. Did you invade Russia or not??

EverettGriz said:
cclarkblues said:

I had a wristband that said WWHD?

cclarkblues said:
EverettGriz said:
cclarkblues said:

Just as good.

cclarkblues said:
EverettGriz said:
cclarkblues said:

:lol:

cclarkblues said:
EverettGriz said:
cclarkblues said:

giphy.gif

CDAGRIZ said:
cclarkblues said:
EverettGriz said:
cclarkblues said:

giphy.gif

Sorry to offend you CDA, but that is exactly the way my dad talked to us kids. Not sure when you became a self-appointed moral authority, I must have missed it. The point was how and when we learn to make our own decisions in life. And the wristband comment was a joke replying to another joke. But, you already knew that Amigo.

cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:
cclarkblues said:
EverettGriz said:

giphy.gif

Sorry to offend you CDA, but that is exactly the way my dad talked to us kids. Not sure when you became a self-appointed moral authority, I must have missed it. The point was how and when we learn to make our own decisions in life. And the wristband comment was a joke replying to another joke. But, you already knew that Amigo.

Easy, Tex. All good. The gif was a joke replying to a joke replying to another joke. :thumb:

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

Not at Dartmouth though?

No, not at Dartmouth. Actually, my dad died when I was 10. So he never saw me play. My mom came back East for a week my senior year, for the Harvard and Yale games. I still remember her telling me that prior summer: "I only have enough money for one trip. Do you want me to come for graduation or a football game." A brother and sister of my dad came too, along with my little brother. Very special for me. My brother went to Dartmouth too, as did his son, who played cornerback.

CDAGRIZ said:
cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:
cclarkblues said:

giphy.gif

Easy, Tex. All good. The gif was a joke replying to a joke replying to another joke. :thumb:

I take you at your work. :thumb:

cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:
cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I take you at your work. :thumb:

Make that I take you at your word. :thumb:

Back