• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

grizindabox said:
Ursa Major said:
grizindabox said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Robby Hauck's.

Now you are just being glib and arrogant...a total prick

+1. AWF is classless. Kind of reminds me of those dick-bag posters who continually over-play the, I know something that you don't game. Real f***[*]! Ain't that right, box?

or maybe it was based on him calling Hauck a glib arrogant prick for his decision....maybe

I would defer to your vast experience on the subject matter.

Ursa Major said:
grizindabox said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Robby Hauck's.

+1. AWF is classless. Kind of reminds me of those dick-bag posters who continually over-play the, I know something that you don't game. Real fuckwads! Ain't that right, box?

:lol:
I'm not going to post it here; I just wanted you all to know that I know something. This way, in a few weeks, if anything big happens, I can say I knew it beforehand. If nothing big happens, most will have forgotten about me posting that I knew something, but couldn't post it, but just wanted to let everyone know that I knew.

grizindabox said:
HookedonGriz said:
grizindabox said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Robby Hauck's.

Actually this brings up a very interesting point. If Robby missed some of his senior season (injury or something) and only played 4 games and asked his pops for a redshirt, does Bobby have the same answer for Robby. Aren’t all these kids his boys? Deep thoughts by HookedOnGriz

Does Robby ask for it prior to November?

Doubtful Robby would leave the room in one piece..... Whatever the reason he missed the games. Only a fool would walk into the office and ask for the rest of the season off leaving his team in the lurch with two major games left including the Cats (whom of course Bobby could care less about) and the season on the line.

As far as Calhoun's visit goes, I'd Bobby's statement that Calhoun didn't want to play football anymore was pretty much the way he saw it.

Ursa Major said:
grizindabox said:
Ursa Major said:
grizindabox said:

+1. AWF is classless. Kind of reminds me of those dick-bag posters who continually over-play the, I know something that you don't game. Real f***[*]! Ain't that right, box?

or maybe it was based on him calling Hauck a glib arrogant prick for his decision....maybe

I would defer to your vast experience on the subject matter.

Am trying to figure out the subject that I could return the favor....you have nice hair?

TCCGRIZ said:
ordigger said:
Fahque said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Agreed. BH decided not to have Calhoun back next year. Time will tell if it was a good decision, but I think it must be.

Has Bobby ever made a bad decision?

Many of them, especially in NCs. :lol:

Really !!!
I suppose you never made a bad decision or two or three or etc.etc in your life . I can do I couldn't even count how many I've made . Anyone that's says they have haven't is a liar .Sign of a real man is ,realize it, fix it and learn ,then move on .
Hauck basically stated he wanted to come back and get a NC for the U . Life pretty much kicked him in the teeth when he went to UNLV . Suprising what a man can learn when he realizes he is at the bottom . It either has /will happen to everyone in there life . One last thing before you cast the next stone digger . How humble are you ?

I take it you missed the emoji. Lighten up

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
grizindabox said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Robby Hauck's.

+1. AWF is classless. Kind of reminds me of those dick-bag posters who continually over-play the, I know something that you don't game. Real fuckwads! Ain't that right, box?

:lol:
I'm not going to post it here; I just wanted you all to know that I know something. This way, in a few weeks, if anything big happens, I can say I knew it beforehand. If nothing big happens, most will have forgotten about me posting that I knew something, but couldn't post it, but just wanted to let everyone know that I knew.

I heard you were.going to do this. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
HookedonGriz said:
grizindabox said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Robby Hauck's.

Actually this brings up a very interesting point. If Robby missed some of his senior season (injury or something) and only played 4 games and asked his pops for a redshirt, does Bobby have the same answer for Robby. Aren’t all these kids his boys? Deep thoughts by HookedOnGriz

Many will say "It depends on if Robby is cracking skulls downtown in the offseason". Credit to me for not saying that.

Haha touché

mikegriz said:
kemajic said:
mikegriz said:
There is the factor that Hauck is as pig-headed as they come.
There is also the factor that you don't know the facts.

And you do? Enlighten us. What are the facts?
I don't; never said I did. But what is most likely is pretty simple and has been outlined here about 15 times, but you must not like it. It is not known but there also are no facts that dispute it.

I'll try again. Calhoun wants to redshirt by missing the last two games of this year to retain his 5th year of eligibility. He can do that even if the head coach doesn't agree. He probably has. But the head coach wanted his services this year when he knows he is available to play. Has game plans for these two games that include Calhoun. Not happy with player putting his own interest ahead of the program interest at this point in the season. Has no obligation to prioritize a 5th year schollie for Calhoun next year, when his availability, recognizing his past, is questionable (injuries, suspensions, marginal academics, etc.). Besides he already has plans for that schollie for next year to reward walk-ons or to recruit a new player. So Calhoun redshirts himself but has no deal for 2019 to which he probably wrongly thought he was entiltled. He has his year of eligibility retained; to play next year, he can go DII, or he can graduate (unlikely considering his academic standing) and make a grad school lateral move. Calhoun may be entitled to his schollie for the rest of this year (unknown when you remove yourself from service), but certainly not next year. Dumb move, a shame, a very good player when he is available. To say this is "kicking him off the team" is just as crazy as saying Jenson was kicked off the team in the spring. Some of the same people.

We only have at most 11 scholarships available for next year because of graduation (there may be more if guys quit) Do you hold a scholarship open for a guy that unfortunately made some mistakes last winter. The fact we had a coach returning that was going to have a microscope up his ass regarding any lack of institutional control, didn't help JC's case. When JC does come back he gets a concussion and loses more time. I'm sure JC would like to relive the past year. Unfortunately life doesn't always allow you a DO OVER. BH doesn't need to hold back a redshirt/scholarship for a kid for any reason. Is he now susceptible to concussions? Has he learned his lessons about off field behavior? If I was JC looking at the youth in the program I'd want to return as well. It's not his call unfortunately. Twenty years from now we'll all remember Jeremy as a great running back and hopefully Jeremy will recall that he learned some great life lesions while playing for the Griz. He's probably smart to have saved his redshirt that will allow him a chance to play a full season next year but more than likely he won't be in Maroon and Silver. Both guys, Bobby and Jeremy were put in tough spots and both had to do what was best for themselves and they did.

Is anyone sure he would even qualify for a redshirt next year? What I am getting at is he missed two games do to suspension. Does that factor in?

druhag said:
Is anyone sure he would even qualify for a redshirt next year? What I am getting at is he missed two games do to suspension. Does that factor in?

No. You have to actually play in 4 games, not just would have played.

Fahque said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:
Bobby is the coach and makes the decisions. It’s really that simple.

Agreed. BH decided not to have Calhoun back next year. Time will tell if it was a good decision, but I think it must be.

Has Bobby ever made a bad decision?
giphy.gif

grizfan95 said:
druhag said:

No. You have to actually play in 4 games, not just would have played.

Thanks.
Now I'm not the guy who makes the rules, and I am not the type to go look them up, but it seems to me that if you missed games do to suspension, those games should count towards your 4.

Mich. St. starting running back to redshirt. Sorry if already posted. Didn't look at the whole chain.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25236804/lj-scott-michigan-state-spartans-running-back-redshirt-mark-dantonio-says

PlayerRep said:
Mich. St. starting running back to redshirt. Sorry if already posted. Didn't look at the whole chain.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25236804/lj-scott-michigan-state-spartans-running-back-redshirt-mark-dantonio-says

Thanks for posting this. Interesting, in this case the player and family had input into the decision. Sounds like different philosophies are being used on how to apply this new 4 game limit.

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:

Thanks for posting this. Interesting, in this case the player and family had input into the decision. Sounds like different philosophies are being used on how to apply this new 4 game limit.

What? Different coaches with different philosophies? Different people involved? Different circumstances? Please research some more stories for us. Perhaps one about soccer redshirts this time.

Back